Elf at Lake

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

NYCaribou
Peasant Status

Elf at Lake

#1 Post by NYCaribou » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:46 am

Hiyas... I saw another thread devoted to this part of the puzzle, but he poster then said he'd figured it out, but DIDN'T post the actual solution... and also I've noticed that the moderators will immediately lock a thread that someone tries posting to after it's been "idle" for six months or more. So, if I want an answer (and to stay a member of this forum), I guess the only option is to post a new message.

The Elf at the Clear Lake north of the carrot garden isn't there. The pebbles can't be tossed into the lake, and I've tried walking all around everywhere and speaking to everything. Can't find the elf no matter how I twist and turn and squirm.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

--NYCaribou

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Khaveen » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:49 am

Twist, turn and squim some more. There's a chance you're searching near a wrong lake. :p

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:45 am

He appears at random, so if he's not there and you're near the correct lake (east of it is the only place where you can die by trying to walk into the lake due to the cliffs)

NYCaribou
Peasant Status

Re: Elf at Clear Lake

#4 Post by NYCaribou » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:35 pm

If you're saying there's a random chance he'll pop at any lake, I made a circuit of them all and didn't see him. If you're saying he always pops at the same lake, but only sometimes he's there and sometimes he's not... what do I do in the meantime? Does the entire game have to be done in the exact order as listed in the walkthrough, or can any steps be done out of order? Do I have to keep walking in and out of the room until he appears, or worse still, keep starting over until I find him there?

NYCaribou

Jafar
Super Star

#5 Post by Jafar » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:54 pm

Just keep walking in and out of the area until you see him. He's always at the same lake (North of the garden)