AGDInteractive - Sierra Adventure Game Remakes Forum
http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/

AGDI at the Movies!: Now with added IMDB!!
http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10141
Page 3 of 7

Author:  Quest For Glory Fan [ Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Spikey wrote:
Donnie Darko: the Director's Cut
Another director's cut. More mysterious scenes about divine intervention, or something in that fashion. The discussion with your mates afterwards is the most interesting, because there are as many interpretations of this movie as there are people.
Spikes


This has to be my favorite movie of all time but I haven't seen the directors cut. I also thought the movie had multiple interpretations however if you watch the movie again with the same group of people and get everyone buzzed (not drunk) an equally interesting conversation comes about the interpretation.

Broomie wrote:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children: Simply, woah! The CGI and animations was absolutely amazing, it makes FF: Spirits Within look like blocky 3D animations. Too bad it was just English subtitles yet it was an awesome movie.


I had no idea it was released. I'll try and watch that as soon as possible!

Author:  Brainiac [ Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Release

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:
Broomie wrote:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children: Simply, woah! The CGI and animations was absolutely amazing, it makes FF: Spirits Within look like blocky 3D animations. Too bad it was just English subtitles yet it was an awesome movie.


I had no idea it was released. I'll try and watch that as soon as possible!


Released in Japan, yes.  Released internationally, no (at least, not through official channels).

If you get the chance, I would recommend watching the anime OAV "Last Order" as well (although it's more to set up the upcoming PSP game "Crisis Core" than anything else).

Author:  Relight [ Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Hmm, I watched FF7:AC too (subtitled). It was good. Sure, the CGI has improved since Spirits Within, but as a film I enjoyed SW more. If they had done more to make the story not as much an offshoot of FF7, it would have been better. Most of it felt like video game cutscenes, not like a movie like SW did. I have not played FF7. I am evaluating AC only as a movie, not in any relation to the game.

Author:  rugged [ Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  The World's fastest indian

I just watched the world's fastet indian, really good inspirational film with some really good humor thrown in as well.

Author:  Skyshark [ Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:00 am ]
Post subject: 

Saw Doom today. Was very heavily based on Doom 3, from what I've heard, but didn't have anything to do with demonic possession or anything like that. It was pretty much the Resident Evil movie set on Mars.

This one gets an average rating from me.

Author:  Angelus3K [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Deb and I went to see Saw II yesterday. It was really good, better than the first one in terms of blood, gore, story and plot twists and also linked nicely in with the first movie too.

8/10 from me, if you enjoyed Saw then this is a must see.

Author:  Fender178 [ Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

I also saw SAW II with my cuz. I agree it was alot better than the first in terms of plot ect.

Author:  Broomie [ Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

I was actually surprised at the outcome of Doom review's. Hearing about it I thought it was going to be another RE type piece of crap. But looking at IMDB it's got a decent score and looking through the forums I've seen hardly any bad reviews. I'll put this on my list.

Author:  Quest For Glory Fan [ Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:07 am ]
Post subject: 

Angelus3K wrote:
Deb and I went to see Saw II yesterday. It was really good, better than the first one in terms of blood, gore, story and plot twists and also linked nicely in with the first movie too.

8/10 from me, if you enjoyed Saw then this is a must see.


Well I just came back from Seeing Saw II and I kinda like the first one better because the characters were a lot more in depth and it seems like they we're actually thinking were Saw II was a lot of running around and killing eachother.

I also SAW Chicken Little which I had to admit was hilarious as a kids movie. It wasn't full of those innuendos we see in cartoons but it was still hilarious in a Charlie Brown sort of way.

Author:  Steffi Evenstar [ Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:09 am ]
Post subject: 

I saw Elizabethtown, which totally did not deserve the trashing it got from critics.  And no, I'm not just saying that because of Orlando Bloom.  I am a huge Cameron Crowe fan, and i felt like this movie - like his others - was a good study in getting inside peoples' psyches, and learning what makes them tick, and why they do the things they do, and, what do you do when you fail in such a way that there's no fixing it.  yeah, i really enjoyed it, and recommend it highly.

Author:  Angelus3K [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:32 am ]
Post subject: 

Deb and I went to see The Constant Gardener on my birthday. Its a great film and is basically about drug compaines testing unfinished drugs on the african population and people trying to expose the truth as a lot of people are dying because of it.

Great film, a bit too long but good.

I also got Kingdom of Heaven on UMD for my PSP I havnt seen it yet but it does have Orlando Bloom in it so maybe you've seen it Steffi?

Author:  VampD3 [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yeah it was a great film! it was more the type of film that makes you think afterwards!

Very sad aswell though. Good film.

Author:  Spikey [ Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

saw a few movies again

Crash

This is a really good movie. People's lives crashing into each other like that. It shows with how many people you're actually connected without even knowing it. Also,refreshing truths about racism. The actors seem really....human somehow. More than in other movies. Don't be fooled by the names "Sandra Bullock" and "Ryan Phillipe", they play only minor roles.

Alone in the dark

Bah. Survival horror doesn't really come across in movie. Why this movie is called "alone" in the "dark" is a riddle to me. Good thing I bought the super 17 disc limited edition special blah, so I got the game with it.

8 femmes (USA title: 8 women)

This a really weird movie. It's quite unique. 8 women, all so very different, trapped in a house by the snow, and a dead body of the man of the house. Mysterious. The women all hide their own terrible secrets and connection to the body. The wife, two daughters, the sister, the maid, the cook, the sister in law, and the mother in law. Things are not what they seem, and as the day proceeds the the decent ladies are drinking each others blood.  Don't be surprised if they start singing in the middle of the film and all. Hey, you'll get over it.

Double dragon

If you think the movie adaptions of "Street Fighter" and "Mortal Kombat" were awful, you should really watch this one. It's so bad. While Street Fighter starred Raul Julia, Van Damme and Kylie Minogue, and Mortal Kombat starred Christopher Lambert, you'll see some famous faces in Double Dragon as well: Scott Wolf (Everwood), Alyssa Milano and Robert Patrick (Terminator II, X-files) in the main cast. Joy. Not.

Author:  The Avatar [ Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Harry Potter!

I think this is a good time to mention the new Harry Potter Movie comes out tomorrow!  I can't wait to see it, because I really want to read the book.. and I absolutely refuse to read a book before I watch the movie!

I think Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia are the two movies I'm most looking forward to this year.. Narnia should be out in the first week of December.  Oh, it's so exciting!

Author:  Swift [ Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:17 am ]
Post subject: 

Muahaha, saw it yesterday. Loved it, but like the third movie, it didn't explain very much for certain scenes, so those who haven't read the book might feel lost.

Author:  Angelus3K [ Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Swift wrote:
Muahaha, saw it yesterday. Loved it, but like the third movie, it didn't explain very much for certain scenes, so those who haven't read the book might feel lost.


According to a behind the scenes thingy I saw, it mentioned that as the book is so big they cut out any parts that didnt fit with the "thriller" setting of the movie, would you say thats true? I havnt read the book yet.

Author:  Swift [ Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Yes, quite a lot was cut out.

Author:  Steffi Evenstar [ Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:53 am ]
Post subject: 

i saw the midnight showing of Harry Potter, and it was FRIGGIN' AWESOME!  WOOOOOO!

yeah, i loved it.  although it's very intense, and i ended up being wide awake until about 6, 6:30 AM because of it.  but yeah - I found it to be the best of the four.

Author:  Angelus3K [ Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Deb and I just saw The Goblet of Fire, amazing movie!! I think the best Potter yet!

I think I'll have to read the books now!!

Author:  Brainiac [ Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Disruptive element

I saw it this weekend as well and enjoyed it, except for a continuing nagging sense throughout the movie that something was wrong.

I figured it out at the end credits...John Williams didn't compose.  Pity.

Author:  Parhelion [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Will anyone be seeing "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" tonight?  I got a pair of free tickets, so the wife and I will be going after work.  I loved the books as a child, and have read them again as an adult.

I'm skeptical that the movie is going to be too action-oriented like "The Lord of the Rings" series, and that the Christian elements of the story will be handled without the tact and general audience appeal present in the books.

I'll give my review later on if anyone's interested in the movie.

Author:  Quest For Glory Fan [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I saw Harry Potter 4 and as it was impressive.
Chronicles of Narnia should be cool but I don't like the fact that they cut the magicians nephew out unless it's incorporated in the beginning butI doubt it. I think that it's just them vutting money from themselves. The series will finish *Editing* so why not start at the beginning? Magicians Nephew is book 1 of the series that would be like starting Harry Potter at the chamber of secrets.

Author:  Angelus3K [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

If they made Magicians Nephew first it wouldnt be a hit, this way they can still make sequels as L W & W is bound to be a hit.

Author:  Parhelion [ Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

"The Magician's Nephew" was a prequel - the events took place before any of the other books, but it was actually the sixth book written in the series.

Apparently, it's still the sixth book in the series everywhere except for the U.S. (and Canada I suppose), where the publishers made the decision to reorder them chronologically.

I listened to an interview with Douglas Gresham, C.S. Lewis's stepson who is overseeing the movie projects, on the radio the other day.  He stated that it was inconsequential to Lewis whether the book was read first or sixth, and that LW&W was indeed made into a movie first because it would be the most popular, as Angelus stated.

Author:  Brainiac [ Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:55 am ]
Post subject:  Aslan

Man, it's been quite a while since a discussion of this movie has been going on here; I think the last one was right when I joined up!  Anyways, some versions of the many reprints of the Narnia series have been organized by chronology of Narnia rather than chronology of print.  I personally have printings that go in order of print.  Irregardless, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is definitely the best way to start things off.  The Magician's Nephew is far too passive to be a kick-off movie.  Arguing about it is like complaining about the fact that The Hobbit wasn't made into a movie before The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

As for me, I'm planning on going next weekend and taking a friend's entire family (they could use a little distraction from the issues they're dealing with at the moment).

Page 3 of 7 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/