AGDInteractive - Sierra Adventure Game Remakes Forum
http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/

Navynuke is the AGDI fan of the year 2004 !!!!!!
http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9221
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Blackthorne519 [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Uhanimar wrote:
I kept on topic....i tryed anyway.


tried. TRIED. -IED

You're not Chaucer. For God's sake, you're a native English speaker. I wouldn't go off on someone who makes mistakes like that, but WASN'T a native speaker. But the people who speak and write English as a second language write MUCH better than you! You flagrently abuse the language like it's your step-sibling!

Bt

Author:  Fribbi [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Since Navynuke got our 40% votes from the team and has gotten so many votes from you I don't think is really necessary to vote more for the the first place winner since he has now already made it to the top.

(drumfill)



Big congratulation to Navynuke. He sure is the new Fan of the year 2004. :D

And in second and third place winner was...hmmm.

Just keep on voting for that one because I'm still not sure of that. :o

Author:  Alias [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congrats.

btw, English is my third language, yet I'm not so bad.

Author:  Broomie [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congratulations Navynuke!

I'm guessing who should be second and third...

1st - Navynuke, reasons before
2nd - Angelus/Vamp, the whole Vamp having a baby was really nice to share with the AGDI members.
3rd - Me........erbat - Keeping the chat alive. And being a great guy too.

EVERYONE GOTO THE AGDI CHAT TO CELEBRATE!
Hopefully that got your attention.

Author:  Uhanimar [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Uhanimar wrote:
I kept on topic....i tryed anyway.


tried. TRIED. -IED

You're not Chaucer. For God's sake, you're a native English speaker. I wouldn't go off on someone who makes mistakes like that, but WASN'T a native speaker. But the people who speak and write English as a second language write MUCH better than you! You flagrently abuse the language like it's your step-sibling!

Bt


Sorry dude that was a type OKAY?

Geez why can't you just leave it be?

Author:  Gav [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hehe...type

Author:  Angelus3K [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

You mean "typo" right?

Here's a tip re-read your posts before you hit that seductive looking SUBMIT button.

Author:  Pidgeot [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Uhanimar wrote:
Geez why can't you just leave it be?


Because it is in your best interest to get it right. Not only do you avoid the risk of looking stupid, but always writing correctly in informal situations will make it easier and feel more natural to do so in formal situations, where it is MUCH more important.

As Blackthorne said, it really shouldn't be too much to expect proper writing from someone who has the language as their primary language when people with the same language as their secondary, tertiary or even n-ary language can get it right.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. For example, no one would expect as much from you if you were dyslexic or had a different handicap of a similar nature. (And no, that's not a cue for ANYONE to wrongfully claim they're dyslexic just to get away with bad spelling.) Similarly, no one would expect as much if you were just 8 or 9 years old.

With that said, however, there's a big difference between misspelling a simple word (like stupid) and a difficult word (like Fhqwhgads). It's much easier to get away with misspelling the latter, because it is inherently difficult to spell. But because the spelling of the first one should be basic knowledge, you don't get away with getting that one wrong.

Author:  Uhanimar [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Angelus3K wrote:
You mean "typo" right?

Here's a tip re-read your posts before you hit that seductive looking SUBMIT button.


Look Dr. Betterspellitrightorimgonnakillyou, i was just TRYING TO GET A DANG POINT ACROSS!


>: >: >: >:

Author:  Uhanimar [ Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pidgeot wrote:
Uhanimar wrote:
Geez why can't you just leave it be?


Because it is in your best interest to get it right. Not only do you avoid the risk of looking stupid, but always writing correctly in informal situations will make it easier and feel more natural to do so in formal situations, where it is MUCH more important.

As Blackthorne said, it really shouldn't be too much to expect proper writing from someone who has the language as their primary language when people with the same language as their secondary, tertiary or even n-ary language can get it right.

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. For example, no one would expect as much from you if you were dyslexic or had a different handicap of a similar nature. (And no, that's not a cue for ANYONE to wrongfully claim they're dyslexic just to get away with bad spelling.) Similarly, no one would expect as much if you were just 8 or 9 years old.

With that said, however, there's a big difference between misspelling a simple word (like stupid) and a difficult word (like Fhqwhgads). It's much easier to get away with misspelling the latter, because it is inherently difficult to spell. But because the spelling of the first one should be basic knowledge, you don't get away with getting that one wrong.


The point is is that at least i am a 13 year old who can spell better than most others. I have seen 13 year olds who can't spell worth anything.

I don't post to make myself look good, i post to get a point across.


Now lets get back on topic.

Author:  navynuke04 [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:59 am ]
Post subject: 

*Pats himself and the back and shakes his own hand as he gives himself a custom title*

Thanks everyone!! You love me, you really love me!!! :cry

Author:  Uhanimar [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:53 am ]
Post subject: 

Yes we do! :D

Author:  Gronagor [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:11 am ]
Post subject: 

Congrats Navy. :)

Author:  Jafar [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:03 am ]
Post subject: 

Congratulations!

Author:  adeyke [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:10 am ]
Post subject: 

Congratulations :).

Author:  Swift [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:25 am ]
Post subject: 

Congrats, Navy!

Author:  Alias [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:34 am ]
Post subject: 

Congrats Navy.

Author:  Angelus3K [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:17 am ]
Post subject: 

Congrats Navy!! You really deserved it!

Author:  Meerbat [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congratulations, Navynuke!

Broomie wrote:
Congratulations Navynuke!

I'm guessing who should be second and third...

1st - Navynuke, reasons before
2nd - Angelus/Vamp, the whole Vamp having a baby was really nice to share with the AGDI members.
3rd - Me........erbat - Keeping the chat alive. And being a great guy too.

I find it weird that I was nominated, seeing that I am one of the least active members on the forums... In any case, thanks for the support.
It all comes to show you that there are more than one ways of being a fan :p

Author:  Uhanimar [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

WOOOOOO!!!!

Go navy!

:rollin

Author:  Broomie [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Can I change my custom title to Fan of the Year 2003? :P

Anyway congratulations Navy!

Author:  Angelus3K [ Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Broomie wrote:
Can I change my custom title to Fan of the Year 2003? :P

Anyway congratulations Navy!


I havn't actually changed my custom title since I got it. Cant think of a better one anyway! :)

Author:  Gav [ Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well done, NN!

Quote:
I havn't actually changed my custom title since I got it. Cant think of a better one anyway!


I like the idea of people not changing their custom titles.  Hopefully they define you and you don't want to change your definition.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/