My Firts Drunk post

This is where historically important threads are kept.
VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

My Firts Drunk post

#1 Post by VampD3 » Sun May 15, 2005 11:50 pm

Well, my parents looked after Katherine while me and Chris went out. It was great!!! and I'm very very very drunk!!! I'm still a very responsible parent but my mum is looking after her tonight.

Its about time I had some fun and tonight was gret!!! I love alllllllllllllllllllll you guy s so so very much!! big big kisses to you alll. You all rock so much and thanks for bing my friends!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!!!!!!!! kISSEs

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Mon May 16, 2005 2:10 am

i love you too, Deb!  i'm so glad you had a night of fun!  :)  :)  

and of course you're a great parent!  but even mum of the year deserves a night out every now and again.  :)

New England Patriots
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by New England Patriots » Mon May 16, 2005 2:55 am

Uhh..I'm glad you had some fun Mr. Keanu Reeves, but drinking is something I do not take part in.  Even at ball games :p

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon May 16, 2005 6:20 am

with that tone one could say that you're implying it's wrong because you don't? everyone has done it. not saying it is right for example if every country or people once in history killed several of a certain race of course it's never right but it's nice to be able to let loose. Also from Vamps post we can learn more about her as a person such as being a very loving drunk. Before I thought well there's a european lady on the internet who participates on the same forum as me and that's about all we have in common but now I know that we are both the loving drunks so cheers to vamp I say "cheers" (where everybody knows your name)

I don't remeber where I was going anywhere with that or if I knew before I started for that matter.

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#5 Post by TakariFreak » Mon May 16, 2005 7:22 am

New England Patriots wrote:Uhh..I'm glad you had some fun Mr. Keanu Reeves, but drinking is something I do not take part in.  Even at ball games :p
I don't drink either.  I've had a whole 3 alcoholic drinks in my life, all in the comfort of my own home (with my family members, at diner time, since my dad offered, and they've been getting up my ass about having a drink, and  I did it for curiosity and to get them to shut the hell up).  I don't approve getting drunk.  I don't want to be one of those idiots.  I'd rather be the one laughing the next day abotu what an ass everyone made out of themselves.  You can be a social drinker and have fun WITHOUT becomming a drunken idiot.  Why not have the pleasure of having fun without having to worry about waking up with a huge hangover or forgetting how much fun you had?

If people want to be drunk, more power to them, I suppose, I can't stop that.  But what I REALLY hate is when people BRAG about being shit-faced...as Foamy puts it, "as if they deserve some kind of award for falling face-first into a patch of tomatoes in your back yard and 4 am in the morning."

In my honest and blunt if offensive opinion, computers should be on the list of devices that should not be operated when severly under teh influence.  All week i've heard dumb stories of what happens when my friends use the computer drunk, and it's not as funny as they think.  But pepole never learn...

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#6 Post by Gronagor » Mon May 16, 2005 7:37 am

Haha! Takari... that almost sounded like a drunken post.  :p  A drunk in denial!

VampD3

#7 Post by VampD3 » Mon May 16, 2005 8:27 am

I'd rather be the one laughing the next day abotu what an ass everyone made out of themselves.
Thing is, I don't make an ass of myself when I'm drunk anyway  :)

Our old work partners won £350 vouchers for TGI Fridays so we bought some food and the rest was drink. We had such a great time and it was a really good laugh!

And not all people who get drunk are idiots lol!! when I'm drunk I don't go shouting and falling over etc I'm still sivalised and in control. Just more open thats all.

But anyway. Thanks guys esp Steff and QFGF!!   ;)

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#8 Post by Klytos » Mon May 16, 2005 12:33 pm

Wow. Lot of people with major sticks up asses here tonight.

Vamp, glad to hear you had a good night out.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#9 Post by Gronagor » Mon May 16, 2005 2:00 pm

Well... I think it is bad to go with either extreme opinion.

Drinking IS nothing to brag about. Neither is it good to look down on someone simply because he loves his drink.

I love drinking. Ok... I used to drink a lot in the past, but I've kinda settled down the last few years (translated: I'm broke most of the time).

A bad thing is smoking. Man... when I started 4 years ago I really believed I could stop any time I wanted to. But now... *sheesh* It's chewing up my drinking money!!!

VampD3

#10 Post by VampD3 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:38 pm

I have never smoked nor will ever do so. Its just plain bad. But I wouldn't go around insulting or pushing my opinion on people that do or calling em idiots  :p

Broomie
The Enigma

#11 Post by Broomie » Mon May 16, 2005 4:25 pm

Smoking sucks, people say "Just give it up!" Heh, you try smoking and give it up, it's not as easy as you think. Heck, I'm smoking as I made this post.

Yet I enjoy it aswell, if you think I smoke to be cool think again, I smoke because I'm old enough and it's enjoyable too. People who think it's disgusting aren't used to it, I didn't like it at first but I just kept on smoking and eventually it was bliss.

I do drink but you'd rarely see me at these boards making drunk posts.

VampD3

#12 Post by VampD3 » Mon May 16, 2005 5:17 pm

People who think it's disgusting aren't used to it
Well I don't think its disgusting as in tasting or doing it and its not that I'm not used to it. Its disgusting to me as in taring your lungs and polluting your body! even though alcohol does aswell as caffine.

I like being fairly healthy and being able to run up a flight of stairs and not be out of breath like most smokers do and not having bad breath from smoking, those are the disgusting sides not disgusting as in, "not used to it"  :)

But I have nothing against smokers! People can do what they want without having others critise things. ;)

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#13 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Mon May 16, 2005 8:03 pm

Smoking is too hard to quit.  This is coming from one whos quit doing pretty mcuh every other drug.  I started smoking because I thought it made me look cool hen it relieved my stress and withdrawl anxiety from other drugs, then I was majorly addicted.  Better nictotine and tar than all the other stuff I used to put into e.  When I get drunk, I'm quiet, and I can still function and move though I don't try stupid shit, like driving or climbing trees or some stuff like that.  You've to be able to control yourself.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#14 Post by Angelus3K » Mon May 16, 2005 9:28 pm

I smoked for about a year and half and I quit, it took a couple of months but I did. It was kinda easy after the initial stage, I think only actually did it because I wanted to.

Best thing I ever did  :D

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#15 Post by TakariFreak » Mon May 16, 2005 11:35 pm

I HATE smokers, no offense to anyone.  I hate the smell of it, and it's enough to make me feel sick, so for that reason, I can't stand to be around them.

Drinking I'm more okay about, I come from a family that drinks a lot at family functions.  Drinking itself when done in moderation doesn't bug me, it's getting insanely drunk that bothers me.  Especially when people brag about it.  I'm sorry, but there's nothing "funny" about bragging how drunk you are or were.  So you did something irresponible and didn't watch your alcohol consumption.  Oh yes, thats REALLY something to be proud of.  If it happens, it happens, I understand when you don't mean to get drunk but it happens anyway.  If you still manage to stay somewhat responsible and have fun, I can live.  But if you're bragging about the drunkeness instead of the fun you had, then I have a problem.  Drinking to just get drunk is pretty irresponsible and just plain stupid in my opinion.  Imagine you're the girl all the stupid drunk idiots at a club are trying to feel up and rub up against.  It's NOT fun at all.  Look me in the eye and tell me they did that for reasons OTHER than being intoxicated; the vast majority of sober people don't do that.

Jafar
Super Star

#16 Post by Jafar » Tue May 17, 2005 1:11 am

"Great, it's just more drunkards..." :p

Klytos

Re: My Firts Drunk post

#17 Post by Klytos » Tue May 17, 2005 2:34 am

VampD3 wrote:Well, my parents looked after Katherine while me and Chris went out. It was great!!! and I'm very very very drunk!!! I'm still a very responsible parent but my mum is looking after her tonight.

Its about time I had some fun and tonight was gret!!! I love alllllllllllllllllllll you guy s so so very much!! big big kisses to you alll. You all rock so much and thanks for bing my friends!!!!!!!!!!

Geez, would anyone actually just read Vamp's post. She had a good night and wanted to share it with us. If someone wants to start an argument about people who drink, start your own thread.

EDIT : Oh and Vamp, don't let holier-than-everyone-else people make you feel like you did something wrong. If you had a good night out, thats all that matters.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#18 Post by navynuke04 » Tue May 17, 2005 2:57 am

In my opinion, Vamp did not do anything wrong. I also do not drink. I've never been drunk in my life. That is a lot to say for someone who spent time in the Navy. I'm also a parent though, and I understand that being able to get away and have a good time is important. Drinking is legal, so long as you obey certain guidelines. Like driving while drunk. That would be considered being stupid. Drinking and getting drunk is fine. You have to do it responsibly though. And yes, you can use "drink" and "responsibly" in the same sentense. If someone got on the forums and started posting about how drunk they were and how they'd just driven home and happened to run 5 people off the road, then I could see how you could say they were being stupid.

Same thing with smoking. I do not smoke. I've never had a cigarette. I dislike being around smoke. I WILL NOT allow my children to be around smoke. The people who smoke do not bother me. I have great friends that smoke. It's just something they do. I will, on occasion, go to the smoke pad at work to take my break and chat with them. I don't see how you can say you "HATE smokers". It's kind of like saying you hate all people who drink Pepsi. It's their choice. You don't have to agree. Just accept it and move on. They are still good people, and you can still enjoy their company.

Vamp, I'm glad to hear you got out and had a good time. It's very important to unwind every once in a while. I really wish I had someone nearby that could watch my kids while I went out.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#19 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue May 17, 2005 4:31 am

i'd watch your kids, NavyNuke, if it wasn't a bit of a commute!  ...okay, the thought is there.  :P

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#20 Post by TakariFreak » Tue May 17, 2005 5:10 am

Suddenly I feel as though my standards are considered scum.

People have every right to get drunk and smoke.  I ALSO have EVERY RIGHT not to like it.  Even being in the same room as a smoker is enough to make me want to regurgitate my lunch.  That is why I hate smokers.  It makes me phycially sick around them.  Even if they aren't currently smoking, if they smell like it, I'll get sick.  As rude as it sounds to say it, I don't care if they are still good people, for good person or not, if I cannot stand near them, I could never get to know them, or enjoy their company.  It's rude to puke on someone's shoes, you know.  As much as I hate seeming so evil about it, it's the way I am, even if I don't exactly like it.

I agree that "drinking" and "responsibility" can go in the same sentence.  My point is that "DRUNK" and "responsibility" don't really go together in the same sentence.

I'm glad Vamp had a good time, honestly.  However, it's how it was presented that bothered me.  Expressing fun was had and that being drunk was a side point, I wouldn't care.  I know people drink.  My family gets a little tipsy at parties.  But when we talk about it at future parties, its about the FUN, not about the DRUNK.  They don't brag about being schmammered, they brag about the fun they had, and we all know they just happened to be intoxicated.  There's a difference there.

I'm sorry if my "high" standards offend all you people, but it's the way I am, and I have my reasons for the aforementioned opinions.  If you have a problem, fine, take it up with me.  These "subtle" side notes people are making aren't fooling me one bit.

VampD3

#21 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 17, 2005 6:12 am

Well, my parents looked after Katherine while me and Chris went out. It was great!!! and I'm very very very drunk!!! I'm still a very responsible parent but my mum is looking after her tonight.

BTW Takari Most of that post was about how much of a good time and how much I love everyone on the board. 6 Words were about drinking!

And like I said I'm still a very responsible person when I'm drunk. The last bar we went into I was on soft drink as I knew I had had too much.

Anyway Thanks guys!! Klitos and Navynuke and everyone :) I had a FAB night and it was such a great laugh and I know what you mean Navy its great to get out.

Takari, start your own thread to BRAG about how you are.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#22 Post by Gronagor » Tue May 17, 2005 7:17 am

The three fun parts of smoking (for me):

1. Fun to smoke when you have a drink in the other hand. It's great because it keeps you busy during a boring discussion at a party etc. And it's nice to have that one thing in common when you're at a party where you don't know anyone. It's a great ice-breaker!

2. Best excuse in the world to take a break at work! hehehe!

3. It's a great time to collect your thoughts when you have a difficult task. I've figured out quite a few solutions to big problems during my smoke breaks...   Really!!

Glad to hear it is still possible to have fun nights out when you have children.

VampD3

#23 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:49 am

Glad to hear it is still possible to have fun nights out when you have children.
Very rare and far between mind you  ;) This is only my second and will probably be the last till she's about 1 lol But its worth it as she means the world to me. I didn't think it was possible to feel so much for her.

Like Navy, I keep her away from smoke. When we visit people who smoke we always kindly ask them not to do so infront of Katherine, she's only small and she has to make her own choices when she's older but for now I want to protect her from smoke. Even when I was pregnant I didn't go very close to people who smoked.

Klytos

#24 Post by Klytos » Tue May 17, 2005 7:53 am

TakariFreak wrote:If you have a problem, fine, take it up with me.  These "subtle" side notes people are making aren't fooling me one bit.
Oh I'm sorry. Maybe, and this is just a thought, that the point of a subtle side note is to help you realise that you're being rude, without having to resort to the same tactics.

We seem to know a lot about what offends you TakariFreak, I just find it a bit annoying and rude that it doesn't seem to matter to you that you may offend other people by your actions.

This thread, like many other similar threads before it, is about what a great night that Vamp and Angelus had. Sure they drank, most adults do. Why do you have to turn it into your own personal rightous crusade against drinking?
TakariFreak wrote:Suddenly I feel as though my standards are considered scum.
It's interesting, I was wondering when you would make it a personal attack on you. I don't think that it's appropriate that the only time you post around here you are having a go at someone cause their "standards" don't match up with yours. I know there's other folk around here who agree with you with regards to drinking. I also know they don't go around making a big deal about it. Do you always feel the need to justify yourself and your opinions in every situation? I find this sad.

I hope thats clear enough for you.

rugged
Defense Minister Status

Drink

#25 Post by rugged » Tue May 17, 2005 9:17 am

I don't drink and don't really believe in being drunk, but hey their are worse things in the world you could do.
People being drunk is a fact of life, it doesn't mean you have to enjoy it youself but if you constantly let the actions of other annoy you then you are going to be the one living a bitter life.
Suddenly I feel as though my standards are considered scum
I don't think getting drunk is right but I don't see any of the above post considering my standards scum!