It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:56 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:55 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:37 pm
Posts: 1
Hello:

Please, are you going to translate KQ2 to Spanish.

Please.

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:12 pm 
Offline
The Enigma
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 2601
Location: UK
King's Quest II won't ever be translated. There's so much dialogue and some parts won't sound right translated so sorry it'll remain in English always.

_________________
Sweeping Sir James
-----------------
http://www.infamous-adventures.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm
Posts: 5
Location: 4th dimension
Broomie wrote:
King's Quest II won't ever be translated. There's so much dialogue and some parts won't sound right translated so sorry it'll remain in English always.

Pffft... What the hell are you talking about? It's a video-game, it's not the frackin' Bible!
If Lucas Arts or Disney took your word for it they wouldn't have the market they own today...
One thing that you should refrain from using so often is deterministic terms like "ever", "never" or "always".
Sorry but, eventually, it will get translated. Not by AGD Interactive anyway, something tells me that it will happen rather sooner than later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:12 pm 
Offline
The Master of All Things Musical
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:57 pm
Posts: 4025
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Except we don't get paid for this.

Also, no it won't get translated. You need the game source to be able to translate it. There's no way to decompile AGS games so it's impossible for anybody to translate it.

_________________
01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100101 00101110


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:35 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm
Posts: 5
Location: 4th dimension
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Except we don't get paid for this.

Also, no it won't get translated. You need the game source to be able to translate it. There's no way to decompile AGS games so it's impossible for anybody to translate it.

Or is it?!
Obviously that the author/publisher's position is understandable when it comes to translation of their games (particularly unofficial ones), but so is the fan's, and you cannot hold back the will of the many. So, yes, it will get translated... you can in fact translate any AGS based game, all it takes is will.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:32 pm 
Offline
The Prince of Shapeir

Joined: Tue May 08, 2001 4:12 am
Posts: 8872
Location: Phobos
Maybe so, but we can also edit the games on our side to make them incompatible with any unlicensed translation packs that get released.

AGDI's remakes are the property of Activison and any add-ons for the game must be licensed under a sub-contractor agreement. Making unlicensed translations doesn't help us; in fact it could quite possibly harm us and get us into legal trouble, and it certainly doesn't help the case for the translator who illegally distributes the game/translation either.

In my opinion, ignoring that advice would not be a wise move. For the sake of making everyone's lives less stressful, I request that you please don't do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:38 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm
Posts: 5
Location: 4th dimension
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
Maybe so, but we can also edit the games on our side to make them incompatible with any unlicensed translation packs that get released.

AGDI's remakes are the property of Activison and any add-ons for the game must be licensed under a sub-contractor agreement. Making unlicensed translations doesn't help us; in fact it could quite possibly harm us and get us into legal trouble, and it certainly doesn't help the case for the translator who illegally distributes the game/translation either.

In my opinion, ignoring that advice would not be a wise move. For the sake of making everyone's lives less stressful, I request that you please don't do it.

Yes, of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:33 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm
Posts: 5
Location: 4th dimension
Funny, I just got a reply notification for this topic but then I see that the last reply is from last year.
In any case, PM messaging works just fine I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:01 am
Posts: 1718
Location: B├╝hlerzell, Germany
A spambot had replied to the thread, but I deleted that post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Translation of King Quest
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:08 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm
Posts: 5
Location: 4th dimension
adeyke wrote:
A spambot had replied to the thread, but I deleted that post.

Oh, ok. Maybe time to update your registration captcha.
Tip: G00gle's re-captcha is one of the weakest out there at this point, although I don't know the one you guys use right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group