Quick question about cottage

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Kev
Peasant Status

Quick question about cottage

#1 Post by Kev » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:09 am

Hi. Quick question.

I just finished digging up the grave of the Larmon Odnarb guy at the castle cemetery, and have returned to the cottage to get the wolf's bane. I'm not stuck or anything, but I was wondering about something that it says in your official walkthrough:

"Cottage: Enter and search under the pillow to get wolf's bane. If the wolf is in there, quickly get out. Keep trying until he isn't there."

I guess it's a good thing, but for me the wolf never seems to appear. Is it supposed to be random, or what? I'd like to see the wolf, as I think I would enjoy seeing the death sequence after it, but it just never comes. What's the deal?

If anyone knows the answer, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:09 am

In order for these events to take place, you should visit the cottage BEFORE revisiting the church.

Kev
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Kev » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:58 pm

But I haven't revisited the church yet. I am able to get the wolf's bane, I just don't ever encounter the wolf inside the cottage. I guess I'm just wondering if there really is a wolf that appears randomly inside the cottage, as the walkthrough seems to suggest. I've tried walking in and out several times, but no wolf.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:08 pm

Keep trying.

Kev
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Kev » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:20 pm

All right. Will do.

Is the probability much lower for the wolf to appear than not to? I have tried maybe 20 times or so, just walking in and out the door.

Kev
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Kev » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:36 pm

I just tried about a dozen more times, and I still can't get the wolf to appear. Oh well, it's not that big of a deal anyway.

Thanks for the help, Erpy.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by pass » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:24 pm

I saw him once... it was like in little red riding hood...

I think once you enter and he's gone - he'll be gone forever. Try loading an earlier save maybe....