Help on other language

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

vestet
Peasant Status

Help on other language

#1 Post by vestet » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:42 pm

If somebody needs help on serbo-croatian lanuage for KQ1 and KQ2,or Five Magical Amulets,I can help.I translate the walkthroughs for me,but I want help the other gamers.

Micartu
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Micartu » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:27 am

Sorry Vestet but here seems that people don't like the idea to make translations, they add some "strange" explanations for this and when people like me reply with good arguments like here (in the same page of your thread)

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10717

they choose to don't reply.... I know, you have only offered help to resolve the games for people that speak your language and not to translate games, but i like the idea to translate games to give the chance to people that don't know english to understand the games.
So i and you want the same:help people, good luck.  ;)

For the "no reply" to my post:

1)after my reply they have a lack of arguments and so they can't give me answer....maybe all the things that they have writed against translation (that i have letterally demolited) are only bullshit to calm people that ask for this, but they BASICALLY don't want to make translations, arguments or not.
Like when you approach a girl and she says to you "no! because we are too much friends!" but it's the first time that you meet this girl  :hat

2)they don't like free and democratic discussions with people that don't see the things like they.
Last edited by Micartu on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:32 am

Or the third option... we have explained it so many times that we are tired of repeating ourselves.

AGDI/Himalaya has too much going on to worry about translation packs for the games anyway.

Micartu
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Micartu » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:46 am

"Worry" about what?
About a bad translation? Read better my post, i have gived you the solution for this, give the translation's job with the RIGHT TOOLS for the scripts to people that are inside a good and expert italian comunity of oldgames/game's translation and not to the first guy that come here and ask for this.
You can found here

www.pollodigomma.net/iagtg the best comunity for this job, they are very EXPERT in oldgames and translations, and they are SERIOUS people.
And if you want a opinion after the "job" to know if the translation is ok, here there is another comunity that could make a betatesting for you.

www.legacyofdewos.it

If all the people think in this way we could play games only in english and read book only in english and watch movies only in english even if you live on the moon.
I think that in the same time that you develope "QFG2VGA" if you give to the comunity of half-Europe the permission and tools to make translation now you'll have Kq2 in 20 languages.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:44 am

Am I correct in thinking KQ2VGA doesnt even SUPPORT langauge packs?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:32 am

No, it doesn't really support translations at the moment and it would be a fair amount of work to set the game up to use them (rescripting timed scenes and such).

Additionally, we have no way to verify what's written in the translated versions and therefore would be unable to verify the quality or relevance of the writing.

So, Micartu, we could send you a translation template, and you could spend weeks filling it out, only to have that work go to waste because it wouldn't work properly in the game anyhow. These are not excuses, they're reasons.  If we're ever ready to have translation packs for KQ2VGA, then we'll let people know when we are capable of handling that workload. Right now, we aren't.

vestet
Peasant Status

#7 Post by vestet » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:26 pm

I don't want to give translate ,this is only for me,I just want help gamers on my language.Sorry for my best will to help.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#8 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:35 pm

If you want to share your translation of the AGDI game walkthroughs then email them to me and I will host them.

Or you could try submitting it to a walkthrough site like GameFaqs.com