Conpiracy Theory about The Father (spoilers)

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

Conpiracy Theory about The Father (spoilers)

#1 Post by Kurdt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:32 pm

As was evidenced in my other post in this thread, I've recently replayed KQ2+. I'd never given much thought to the overreaching plot when I played it the first time, other than thinking "Okay, their take is that this Father guy is the cause of Alex getting nabbed, Graham having a heart attack, Alex and Rosella ruling in other kingdoms, etc." However, something popped up at me this time.

In the intro, Gervain talks to Graham about being lonely and forlorn, etc. and about wanting a wife. Shortly after that, he leaves and the magic mirror shows Valanice in the tower. Later on, The Father talks as if he arranged to have Graham in Kolyma.

Knowing now that Gervain was the Father all this time...could he have caused the mirror to show Graham Valanice, and perhaps pushed his hand in so completely falling for her? Did the Father set Graham and Valanice up? It seems like a "no duh," but if Graham stopped to think about that for a moment...that's a serious deal, y'know?

Alliance
Knight Status

#2 Post by Alliance » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:37 pm

I could see it now. Graham stopping one day to think about it, and saying "Oh, shit."

EDIT: What if Valanice was meant for somebody else?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:37 pm

Heh, that form of shadowy master plan behind the scenes conspiracy reminds me of The Emperor. Maybe this is a similar form of genius going on here.

Cadbury Wookie
Royal Scribe

#4 Post by Cadbury Wookie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:27 pm

could he have caused the mirror to show Graham Valanice, and perhaps pushed his hand in so completely falling for her?
Not a bad way to get the guy out of the Kingdom while he has a little look around... :)

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#5 Post by Kurdt » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Exactly. I mean, when you think about it, it seems like a no-brainer as the Father said he needed to search for the Item while Graham was away. If so...this is mighty big stuff. What do you have up your sleeve, Stacey?! :evil

Bludshot
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Bludshot » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:55 pm

The mirror is certainly interesting, because he know that Lucreto could manipulate it as well.  

Hehe...maybe the Item was the Mask.

Shaminar
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Shaminar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:17 am

If I guess right, "The Father" is the cheif cause of ALL the chaos in the Kings Quest world like you mentioned. Plus he's obviously the HEAD of the order of the Black Cloak in which Wizard Mannanan, Mordack, Hagathar and also even Abdul Alhazred (who uses Shamier Shamazel, his Genie, for magic purposes) are members.

Is this "Father" character in the real Kings Quest games, like KQ8 or something, or is he a extra and we'll deal with him in due time?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:46 am

No, The Father is a product of our writer's imagination. There's no mention of him in the official KQ series.

Allronix
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Allronix » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:46 am

Though I could see Graham also putting it all together and muttering "At least SOMETHING good came out of that..."

Yes, the Father is a fanfic concoction, but it's among the best. Yes, I know that the "Society of the Black Cloak" was a throwaway line in KQ6. Still, it managed to tie KQ3, KQ5, & KQ6 together at the very least.

Dr. Spengler
Peasant Status

Re:

#10 Post by Dr. Spengler » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:40 pm

Shaminar wrote:If I guess right, "The Father" is the cheif cause of ALL the chaos in the Kings Quest world like you mentioned. Plus he's obviously the HEAD of the order of the Black Cloak in which Wizard Mannanan, Mordack, Hagathar and also even Abdul Alhazred (who uses Shamier Shamazel, his Genie, for magic purposes) are members.

Is this "Father" character in the real Kings Quest games, like KQ8 or something, or is he a extra and we'll deal with him in due time?

You obviously mean, The Wizard Shadarak.

Sorry, guys. I know I should've looked before making another thread about this. But yeah, "The Father" had to be Shadarak.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Conpiracy Theory about The Father (spoilers)

#11 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 am

He's not Shadrack. If you look closely at all the available information in KQ2+ you can figure out who he is.

StonkBad
Peasant Status

#12 Post by StonkBad » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:15 am

BUMP.

I think i've figured it out. The evil genius behind King's Quest was... CEDRIC!

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Chrismarr » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:53 am

Speaking of the father...he sure is easy on the eyes! I have a thing for bad guys, as long as they're not hideously ugly. Like when he appears at the end of KQ2 remake with that long black hair...*fantasizes* :evil

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#14 Post by DrJones » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:18 pm

The problem with the father, is that the thief dwarf is a better villain than him. All the father does is talking with Agatha about what to do when they kill Graham, while the dwarf is a constant menace all the way through. Evil dwarf is evil! >: