Stuck at the Ambush

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

jmodule
Peasant Status

Stuck at the Ambush

#1 Post by jmodule » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:16 pm

I've reached the ambush at the lake and can't get past it.  I'm unable to do anything (the cursor is a crown), and then the wolf leader kills Graham.

I've checked the hints -- thinking I missed something earlier -- and even gave in and looked at the walk through, but I'm not able to do a thing once I enter the lake screen.  I even tried slowing down the game to see if I was missing an opportunity to act, but as soon as the last piece of text disappears, the wolf leader slashes Graham and he dies.

I understand that I'm supposed to get the reed, etc.  But I don't have a chance to.  Is this a bug (I'm running AGS on Linux), or do I need to do something before getting to the lake?

Thanks for any help.  This has been a great game so far.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by pass » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:44 pm

Do you have [spoiler]the needle[/spoiler]? If you do, you should get a few seconds to act. I'm not sure what happens if you don't, but maybe that does... :p

jmodule
Peasant Status

#3 Post by jmodule » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Yeah, I do have that.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by pass » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:28 am

What I would do in such a case would be to look at the walkthrough from the beginning and see what you missed.
[spoiler]Do you have the werewolf-repellant potion? Because that might work maybe...[/spoiler]

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:39 am

There are no dead ends in KQ2+ which means you have everything you need to defeat the wolves there. You SHOULD, however, be able to walk around and do whatever during this scene. The cursour SHOULDN'T be a crown. Are you sure you can't change cursours even though it's a crown? Maybe it just means you can't walk around but can do other things.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by pass » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:34 am

AFAIR you are able to walk, but check other icons. Try changing icons with your mouse, check if the iconbar is greyed out or not, try going into the ambush screen with another icon selected...

Dionysius
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Dionysius » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:43 am

I have this problem under Linux too :(  I use AGS interpreter 2.71

Dionysius
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Dionysius » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:31 am

Perhaps, problem in GetGameSpeed() in Linux, described here: http://new.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.ph ... #msg393781

Dionysius
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Dionysius » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:16 am

Well, I tried to play under Windows, but the problem didn't go away. So, this is the incompatibility of different versions of interpreters.  :-\ Now, I must start from the beginning.

rocket
Peasant Status

#10 Post by rocket » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:26 am

the same thing happens to me on vista Im thinking I may have to go back to before the birth gem to fix it