Question about voices

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Noober!
Peasant Status

Question about voices

#1 Post by Noober! » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:46 am

Hi! Just wanted to say I *really* enjoyed the game. I played KQ 6 and 7 with my family as a small child and have always wanted to play the rest (however, by that time they were too old to work.)

It's just wonderful that we have the chance to relive (or in my case, experience for the first time) these old games!!

Anyway, my question is, I noticed in the credits that both male and female voices were credited to Annonomous AG 1 and 2. Maybe my hearing is bad, but I didn't get the feeling a lot of these voices were done by the wrong sex. So is it just a blanket title given if the real person doesn't want to give their name, or did they uses synthersizers of some sort?

Also, is a AGD made KQ3 on the way? Or should I go ahead and play the Infamous adventure version? (http://www.infamous-adventures.com/index.php?page=kq3)

Thanks!
-Christy

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:06 am

AGD1 is a female, and AGD2 is a male. More information can be found out about them by visiting their commercial site at http://www.himalayastudios.com

As for the KQ3 question, AGDI has not ruled out the possibility, though nothing official has been said. You can always play both versions. IA's version won't have The Father story line, so both versions would be different.

Noober!
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Noober! » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:58 am

Ah, ok! That's what I thought at first, but seems they both did some female and male voices... but perhaps I misread :D Thanks for the link, after playing both games I'm quite interested in who they are.

Is IA version a "direct translation" with no added stuff? Or do they make additions to make the game better like AGD?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:12 am

You didn't misread. AGD1 played the baby pumpkin (which is a baby boy, I believe and didn't need a manly voice) and AGD2 played Hagatha (who didn't have a very feminine voice either) but for most parts they stayed with roles of their specific gender.

IA's version is pretty much a 1:1 remake with new music and some close-up cutscenes added. There's new text in there, but no major changes like KQ2VGA added. If you played and enjoyed KQ1VGA, there's really no reason why you shouldn't play their version of KQ3.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#5 Post by Kurdt » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:16 am

If I were you, though, I'd wait one or two days before downloading our KQ3 remake. Our long-awaited patch and voice pack are being readied for release  within, like, a few hours. We're currently in the process of uploading the files to the mirrors and the new build should show up VERY soon. The reason I'm saying so is because the game's quite large and we wouldn't want you spending all that time downloading something that's going to be a million times better tomorrow. :) Hope you enjoy it! And feel free to tell us what you think on our forum as well.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's ready NOW! Go get it!

Noober!
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Noober! » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:19 pm

Hi! Thanks for letting me know :) Unfortunatly I had downloaded the game a few days ago (doh!) but I uninstalled it and am now downloading the newer version. I figured the extra time spent doing so would save me from frusturating bugs, etc :D It looks really good! *is excited to get started!*