Al Emmo & the Lost Dutchmans Mine - Now on Steam!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

daventry
Knight Status

Re: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine has been released!

#51 Post by daventry » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 am

How long would you guess for the Game to come from America to South Africa, i just hope the Game doesent get lost.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#52 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:51 am

You could PM Gronagor and ask him how long his copy took to arrive. He's in South Africa too.

hypn
Royal Servant Status

#53 Post by hypn » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 am

And here I thought I was the only South African on here ;)

I've also ordered Al Emmo, based on stuff I've bought off ebay I'm guessing it's going to take 6-8 weeks before it arrives.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#54 Post by Gronagor » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:44 pm

LOL! No. There's a number of SA people on these forums.

daventry
Knight Status

#55 Post by daventry » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:20 am

IT CAME IT CAME, im going to play Al Emmo now, thanks guys. :D :D :D

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#56 Post by Schrijvertje » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:47 am

Can it only be bought online?

daventry
Knight Status

#57 Post by daventry » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:02 am

Yes, it can only be bought Online :(
Last edited by daventry on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#58 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Daventry, take a look at the post you made on the Himalaya Studios forum. I have replied there.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#59 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:05 am

Just wanted to quickly mention that we have completely revamped the Himalaya Studios Online store.

Over time, a lot of people have inquired as to why Himalaya Studios didn't offer any other payment options besides PayPal. Well, we're happy to announce that the new online store now accepts payment via Credit Card, PayPal, Check, Bank Wire Transfer, Money Order, Phone, or Fax. So, if you've wanted to grab a tangible copy of Al Emmo (or a QFG2 Poster!), but have been unable to on account of our store only accepting PayPal in the past, you'll be glad to know that limitation no longer exists.

In addition to this, we have also released a new trial version of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's mine, directly from the Himalaya Studios site. This supersedes the older demo we had available, and offers one hour of uninterrupted gameplay. The full game can be unlocked by purchasing a license key from the Himalaya Store. This is a good option for those who prefer instant gratification of being able to play the game right away.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#60 Post by DrJones » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:52 pm

When browsing the online store from Google Chrome, I got a warning message. It said something about that page being in another server trying to impersonate the first, or something like that.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#61 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Dr Jones: Can you try this link and let me know if you recieve the same message:

https://www.plimus.com/jsp/dev_store1.j ... rId=486322

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#62 Post by DrJones » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:16 pm

No, I don't get the error message on Google Chrome if I click that link. After reading more details on the error, I know that it was given because Google Chrome knew I acceded to *.plimus.com, but couldn't tell me it was the same site than www.himalayastudios.plimus.com, so I should test too if the problem appears when clicking the new link from the himalaya site (just to make sure, but I think it won't happen).

Chrome is overzealous some times, but if one customer happened to enter your online store from that browser, it would think twice before buying something.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#63 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Okay, good to know. Thanks.

Yeah, seems like the sub-domain throws it off. If worse comes to worse, the links are all easy changeable and backwards compatible by removing the himalayastudios part from the url. Might be also an idea to report it to the relevant parties.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine v3.0 released!

#64 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine version 3.0 has been released! This is the first major release of the game since 2006.

Download the new version from here (Free 60 minute trial)

Upgrading to version 3.0 is free for customers who purchased the game directly from Himalaya Studios. If you purchased the Digital Download version, simply uninstall your old version, then re-install version 3.0. The same serial key number you were allocated will work.

If you purchased the CD version of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine from Himalaya Studios and would like to upgrade to version 3.0, please send us an email at contact@himalayastudios.com, quoting your order reference number and/or shipping address where the game was sent to, and we'll assign you a new serial key that works with the Digital Download version of the game.

Important: Please note that savegames from previous versions of the game are not compatible with v3.0!

The main addition to 3.0 is the implementation of higher resolution modes which allows for a more detailed Al Emmo character sprite. A full list of additions, features, improvements, and bug fixes is below:

CHANGES TO VERSION 3.0
----------------------
WARNING: GAME SPOILERS AHEAD

- Added: Support for higher resolution graphics
- Added: Direct3D driver mode
- Added: a more highly-detailed Al Emmo sprite in high resolution modes
- Added: proper Windows Vista & Windows 7 support and functionality
- Added: an Exit button to the title screen
- Added: a checkbox to the installer asking whether the user wants to create a game desktop icon or not
- Added: Better-looking top corner page-turn menus and clearer bottom-left corner map menu
- Added: the current Act number to the top GUI bar
- Added: the ability to press CTRL+C to quickly clear any characters in GUI text boxes
- Added: visual "Continue" and "Replay" buttons to the GUIs that appear after the Comic Cutscenes
- Added: the ability to dismount the saloon barstool by clicking the Walk icon
- Added: an advance hint in the mines about the imminent flooding river booby-trap
- Added: some replacement Andretto speech lines and lip-syncing in the mines
- Fixed: potential permission conflicts under Windows Vista and Windows 7 accounts without Admin privileges
- Fixed: save-game files potentially getting misnumbered and overwriting existing save-games
- Fixed: Centered All GUIs
- Fixed: Dragging the Music Volume slider to the very bottom will now mute game music completely
- Fixed: several instances where the wrong mouse cursor was being made active after closing GUIs
- Fixed: being able to pour the flask of water from the upper window of the Hospitality House
- Fixed: Made Al Emmo stop walking when the Rita Flyer and Business ID Card items are clicked on him
- Fixed: bugs where Al could pass into non-walkable areas of the Saloon, Indian Plateau, & Bull Pen screens
- Fixed: a bug where clicking through narrator speech when viewing the saloon Drink Menu closed the menu
- Fixed: a bug where exiting a screen could cause Al Emmo glide without using his walking animations
- Fixed: Disabled the CTRL+Q hotkey for the Quit GUI when a map GUI or similar close-up GUI is on-screen
- Fixed: the Exit Arrow icons so that they revert to the Wait icon as soon as Al Emmo begins his exit
- Fixed: Made Rita's gate easier to click when opening/closing it. Also fixed the opened gate's z-order
- Fixed: some omitted Rita speech lines when talking to her about the location of the Miner's Cabin
- Fixed: Viewing the Rita Flyer and Andretto ID card close-ups will now stop Al from moving
- Fixed: Prevented the player from viewing the Rita Flyer during timed-events
- Fixed: a bug where turning Special Effects off would make sunlight beams appear inside buildings/houses
- Fixed: being able to walk through the 2 Plateau Indians when standing behind the pair and talking to them
- Fixed: a bug where the Trial Door's text parser sometimes permitted incorrect answers
- Fixed: a bug where Al could clip through the Aztec Altar
- Fixed: Prevented the player from being able to read the journals while in the mine (which caused issues)
- Fixed: Implemented some hotspot adjustments, making their shapes and sizes fit the scenery more accurately
- Fixed: various walk-behind masking and walkable area glitches
- Fixed: some incorrect mouse icons on various GUIs
- Fixed: several minor spelling/grammar errors
- Fixed: other small glitches and bugs
- Changed: The game no longer uses a music.vox file. Both sound and music resources are now stored in audio.vox
- Changed: Rita's house now shows on the map after first seeing her in Act 1 (previously it showed in Act 2)
- Changed: The game now natively plays Ogg Theora video files, preventing potential video stream freezes
- Changed: Save-game and character export files are now stored in the user's My Documents/My Saved Games folder
- Changed: the game's installer to use Inno Setup for better compression and performance

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine v3.0 released!

#65 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:22 am

Christmas sale! 50% off the new Al Emmo & the Lost Dutchman's Mine v3.0 for the next 2 weeks. Offer ends January 1st 2011, so be quick!

Grab the game for only $4.99!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Al Emmo & the Lost Dutchman's Mine v3.0 Released ($9.99)

#66 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 am

The Al Emmo 2010 Christmas sale is now over. Thanks to all who purchased!

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#67 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 am

Hey I was thinking about buying this after the first of the month is it still possible to get a CD version and if so can I purchase with paypal.

Oh and btw I was searching for it and found two different ratings both were downloads for sell no CD. So is the game E or M?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#68 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 am

Unfortunately, we don't have any CD versions left in stock. Or rather, we do, but we're unable to ship them anymore. Additionally, the CD version is v1.0 which is pretty dated and doesn't support the new high-resolution mode and new features/bug fixes.

The newest build is v3.0, but it's direct-download only. There's an option to also get it shipped on CD on the purchase page (which incurs an additional fee) but this is just a plain CD supplied by the shipping house and not a professionally printed DVD with the custom printing and Eriq's DVD design case.

There might be some retailers or online CD-Rom catalogues that still have copies of the old CD version though. I know one guy who ordered a bunch of Al Emmo CD copies in Germany who still has some in his stock. This site used to sell CD versions as well, but I don't know if they have any left: www.interactcd.com

As for the rating, I would say it's probably PG or PG13 (whatever that rating is in the US). The content is probably about the same level as one of the raunchier episodes of The Simpsons.

DarkJaguar
Peasant Status

#69 Post by DarkJaguar » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:21 am

I just bought the game and I have to say so far it's pretty funny. I haven't had a chance to play through it much just yet, but I'm very glad to support you guys in a small way after all those free games you've released.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#70 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:50 am

Thanks for your support!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Al Emmo & the Lost Dutchman's Mine v3.0 Released ($4.99)

#71 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:28 pm

A single day remains to purchase the new and improved "Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine" (v3.0) for $4.99! If you don't own it yet, now's your last chance to get it for a rock bottom price.

http://bit.ly/aSOPQz

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#72 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:13 am

Sale is over. The price is back to $9.99 USD. Thanks too all who purchased!

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

#73 Post by Radogol » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:50 pm

The game asks me to enter the license key each time it's started. After I do so, it thanks me for my purchase, but asks again upon my next attempt to launch it.

It may be important to note that I haven't managed to get the game to run yet (graphic mode woes) - will the reminder stop appearing after a successful launch?

The build in question is the one currently available at Himalaya site, not the one from e-mail I got from Plimus (that download appears to be dead).

Thank you!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#74 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:13 pm

I take it you're running Windows 7 64-bit?

If so, this is a known issue, where you need to go to the directory where the game was installed, right-click on Al_Emmo.exe and select "Run as Administrator".

After you do that, run the game and re-enter the license key, it should work without ever prompting you to enter the license key again.
It may be important to note that I haven't managed to get the game to run yet (graphic mode woes) - will the reminder stop appearing after a successful launch?
No, that shouldn't make a difference.

Some computers use older video card hardware that doesn't support Direct3D. This is the video driver that Al Emmo uses by default.

What's the exact error message you're receiving? If it says something about a pixel shader not being supported, then you should be able to get the game running by loading the game's setup program and changing the game to use the DirectDraw 5 video driver instead.

On the other hand, if the error message mentions an unsupported resolution, you should be able to address this by either adding the unsupported resolution (mentioned in the error message) as a custom resolution in your video card's software/control panel (some new video cards have this feature). Or run the game's setup program and alter some of the resolution/screen settings.

To run the setup program go to your start menu by clicking the Windows "Start" button at the bottom left corner of your screen. Then go to "Programs". Look for the "Himalaya Studios>Al Emmo and the Lost Ducthman's Mine" group. In there, you should see an option called "Settings Menu". Click on this and the game's settings program will appear. This will allow you to change several game options in order to get the game to run. Follow these steps (it's best to perform the first step and then try to run the game to see if it works. If not, try the next step, and so on):

1) If the error message mentions a pixel shader: Where is says "Graphics Driver", change it from Direct3D 9 to DirectDraw 5.

2) Try changing "Graphics Filter" from '2x nearest-neighbour filter' to ' None'.

3) Try un-checking the box that says "Force Alternate Letterbox resolution"
The build in question is the one currently available at Himalaya site, not the one from e-mail I got from Plimus (that download appears to be dead)
They're the same build. The e-commerce provider (Plimus) simply deactivates the download link if it hasn't been downloaded within a certain amount of time after the purchase. It's a common complaint. But the game/trial can always downloaded directly from the Himalaya Studios website.

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

#75 Post by Radogol » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:I take it you're running Windows 7 64-bit?
Sorry, I should have opened with that :)

Anyway, thank you very much for your help. You managed to solve my license number issue.

As for the graphics, the 2x closest neighbor resolution is not supported on my laptop. In theory that's no biggie, although you said a lot of nice things about the upscaled sprites ;)