once again the swamp

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

freemen11
Peasant Status

once again the swamp

#1 Post by freemen11 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:44 pm

Hi,
First off I'm not stupid and I have read everything (posts and walkthrough) for the swamp but it does not work.  I walk one screen west of swamp entrance and then start my directions which are: s,n,w,w,n,s,w,s,s,w.  When I do this one of two things happen, either I run into a screen where the direction I need to go is impossible (terrain) or I successfully follow the directions only to still be lost in the swamp.  Is this a bug with these particular directions or what?  Thanks for your time.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:54 pm

If you followed the directions to the letter, you should be able to vaguely see a castle in the distance. Try going north once more.

freemen11
Peasant Status

#3 Post by freemen11 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:34 pm

Thanks for the reply but I thought of that as well and nothing.  I tried over and over making sure that I wasn't skiping anything but still the same results.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by pass » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:41 pm

This might sound silly, but are you using your note, that you currently have in your inventory? AFAIK, the letters are randomal, and so using someone else's letter won't work. Make sure you read all the letters and didn't skip/misread/overwrite a direction. Make sure you walk according to ALL the coordinates (so that E doesn't cancel W, etc). Also, make sure you start counting from the screen where west would get you out of the swamp, and not from the screen south of that. If none of those work, I'd suggest looking at the walkthrough to see if there is anything you need to do before entering the swamp.

That's pretty much all I can think of, hope that helps  :)

Venom
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Venom » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:47 pm

I only had to refer to a walkthrough once over the course of the game, and it was for navigating the swamp. I didn't have too much trouble with anything else, but that puzzle seemed ridiculously obscure and difficult. I've asked about a dozen people how that note is supposed to guide you through the swamp and not one of them could figure it out.  And that doesn't even include figuring out that the note from the Bible is the key to solving that puzzle in the first place.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by pass » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Yeah, I had to use the walkthrough on that as well...  :o