KQ2 Remake thoughts

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Rolstin
Peasant Status

KQ2 Remake thoughts

#1 Post by Rolstin » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:56 pm

I stumbled across your remake about a month ago.  I have played through it and I am very pleased with the work you did.

I can make a case for or against the point and click mouse interface.  With it, you can solve problems by accident.  Also, you can arrive at a correct solution but be mislead by having the pointer a few pixles off.  [spoiler]I had this problem in the end game with Hagatha.  What I wanted to do matched what I was supposed to do, but somehow I was missing the clicks.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Solution-wise, I did get the dwarf from his house by accident.  I knocked several times, but once I decided to walk out the east side of the screen instead of the south.  I was surprised when he came out.  I felt that pulling on the disarmed trap or clogging his chimney could have been more interesting ways to get him out.[/spoiler]

I thought some of your plot developments were brilliant.  [spoiler]Most notably, your connection between Grandma and the Count was great.[/spoiler]  I never really noticed how missing that was when I was 13 years old playing this on a PC jr.

Also, plot-wise, [spoiler]I thought turning the priest evil was fantastic.  When his voice dropped in pitch while talking to the wolves....  I got the same fearful feel as when I first entered Dracula's castle in the original game.[/spoiler]

There were at least two grammar errors that could have been avoided.  If you'd like I can make note of exactly what when I play through the game again.  However, they've probably already been reported.  And, they are in the speech pack - not just in text.

All in all, a wonderful game.  Thanks very much for your work.  I've already suggested the site to several friends that played the original.