Waiting eagerly for next one...

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Faeghan
Peasant Status

Waiting eagerly for next one...

#1 Post by Faeghan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:46 pm

Sighhhhh.....  I always feel sad when the game ends.  Loved it!

Interesting that I did not remember a thing from the original game when I started the remake.  But it made it more fun to be surprised and to solve it anew.  However, I did get some recall flashes when I reached certain parts, and that added to the fun.  

I finished with 182 out of 185 --- I thought I was being pretty thorough ---  wonder what I missed.  I might have restarted, but the trial and tribulation of Hagatha's cave is still very sore; I don't want to go back there for 2 points.  :lol    

Kudos and thanks to all who brought us this great remake.  

Faeghan

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:50 pm

judging by the topic title I'm guessing you haven't seen the KQ3 remake at http://www.infamous-adventures.com

Faeghan
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Faeghan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:11 pm

Thanks for reminding me about that..  it had slipped my mind -- I was still in euphoria over the AGDI remakes of KQ1 and II.  I probably would have remembered soon, as I sat here wringing my hands for something to play.

I did see the Infamous Adventurers website a week or so ago, but didn't know if I wanted to get the game there or wait for AGDI's version.... that is, if AGDI is going to  do a KQ3 VGA remake.

I'm also waiting eagerly for the QFG remake.  I did all of those for each character type, and  I wss crushed when Sierra pulled the plug on them.  I still have the saved games on 3x5 floppies, couldn't throw them out altho I have no way to use them anymore.
Last edited by Faeghan on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:29 pm

It's AGDI not AGI. AGI is the interpreter they were first made on.

Faeghan
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Faeghan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:38 pm

sorry :(  it was a mistype.   I'll shut up...

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:19 am

Heh, no worries.  ;)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:43 am

Faeghan wrote:Thanks for reminding me about that..  it had slipped my mind -- I was still in euphoria over the AGDI remakes of KQ1 and II.  I probably would have remembered soon, as I sat here wringing my hands for something to play.

I did see the Infamous Adventurers website a week or so ago, but didn't know if I wanted to get the game there or wait for AGDI's version.... that is, if AGDI is going to  do a KQ3 VGA remake.

I'm also waiting eagerly for the QFG remake.  I did all of those for each character type, and  I wss crushed when Sierra pulled the plug on them.  I still have the saved games on 3x5 floppies, couldn't throw them out altho I have no way to use them anymore.
as of right now AGDI is not publicly considering KQ3 and it's likely they won't as it's already put there and that's really what they wanted in the first place, nor is it likely for them to do Perils of Rosella unless the current guys shut down. Personally I have a feeling QFGII is going to be the last we'll hear of AGDI as they've done professional publishing and three great free titles is more than any of us around here can say. That said I certainly respect them and stand strong behind them in their choices.

TribeHasSpoken
Peasant Status

#8 Post by TribeHasSpoken » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:22 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Personally I have a feeling QFGII is going to be the last we'll hear of AGDI as they've done professional publishing and three great free titles is more than any of us around here can say. That said I certainly respect them and stand strong behind them in their choices.
Erpy said as much on the Adventure Europe forums:

Well, free remakes do take a large amount of time and real life goes on for us as well. It's not 100% certain, but it's probable QFG2VGA will be the last remake-project we'll release.

LINK

augie1111
Peasant Status

#9 Post by augie1111 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:21 am

OMG, KQIII is absolutely nuts! I fooled with it for almost three months and hardly got off the mountain! I didn't want hints etc. but I broke down in self defense. That was just too complicated IMO! I doubt many gamers got to the end without a walk through.! I have to give kudos to those who did.  :smokin

Whoops, this idiot meaning me posted in the wrong thread! *sigh* Please mod it.