Mechanics of hammering birthstone into skull

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bruce
Peasant Status

Mechanics of hammering birthstone into skull

#1 Post by bruce » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:34 pm

At Hagatha's cave, how do you hammer the birthstone into the skull's eyesocket?  I've tried clicking the birthstone on the skull and then clicking the mallet on the skull, but the game treats these as two separate events.  What am i missing?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:44 am

That should be it. Put the jewel in the skull, then hit it with the mallet. He should tap at it a couple times to wedge it.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by pass » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:29 am

Make sure you're clicking with the mallet on the right spot. If you can't get it right, try clicking on the gem with different parts of the mallet (start with the mallet's head).

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:45 pm

Every inventory item has a little blue hotspot, I think it is. That's where you have to click. Clicking anywhere else on the hammer won't get you anywhere.

bruce
Peasant Status

Still Can't get It

#5 Post by bruce » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:49 pm

When I click the Birth Gem on the skull, I get the message, "The Birth Gem might fit into the skull's eye socket, but you have no desire to manipulate anything in this area unless it's absolutely necessary."

When I click the mallet on the skull, I get the message, "Smashing this skull would be pointless.  YOu decide to tethink your course of action."

When I try clicking the mallet on the Birth Gem (in the inventory bag), I get the message, "The Gem of Nature cannot be damaged."

adeyke

#6 Post by adeyke » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:35 am

It sounds like you don't yet have a reason to go into the cave.  Try looking around town first.