Ooops... Is this too late to fix?

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

mattbrent
Peasant Status

Ooops... Is this too late to fix?

#1 Post by mattbrent » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:22 pm

I've been playing KQ2 for a few days now, and I've finally reached the point where I have found Valanice. I woke her and Hagatha comes. According to the walkthroughs, I should have some youth potion, but apparently I never got it in the Antique store. I suppose I took the magic carpet and ran. I tried to go back a few saves, but it says it won't let me in to the store because I'm afraid Hagatha might come in...

Do I have to start over?  :cry

Or are there game saves or something that I could just use to complete the game?  :rollin

Thanks,
Matt

adeyke

#2 Post by adeyke » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:28 pm

Don't worry.  There aren't any dead ends in the game.  While the youth potion is the optimal solution, there's an alternative you can take at the point where you'd need it.  So you'll still be able to win the game even without that potion.

mattbrent
Peasant Status

#3 Post by mattbrent » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks! I didn't realize there was an alternative, but I checked the website and found it. I was starting to get discouraged, but this changed my outlook.

I just finished. The game was great... though now I want to replay the original again to see the differences.

-Matt

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:00 pm

Hah! It's almost a completely different game ;).