Release date for KQII - and plans for KQIII remake yet?

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Werther
Peasant Status

Release date for KQII - and plans for KQIII remake yet?

#1 Post by Werther » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi,

like everybody else, I am eagerly waiting for the re-release of KQII. Can you already when the game will be done? And are there any plans for a KQIII remake also? I would love to support your great work - ever thought about taking some money for your efforts? Would a finanical support by selling the remakes push your work?

Many thanks and greetings from Germany.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Release date for KQII - and plans for KQIII remake yet?

#2 Post by DrJones » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi! King's Quest II was already made by AGDI and, unlike their first King's Quest remake, is very different from the original. What they are doing now is making the graphics a lot better, fixing some bugs, and adding lip-syncing. If KQ1VGA 4.0 took 5 months and was released last month, I think KQ2VGA will take at least 6, so I would be waiting for july or so as a date of release.

Note, however, that I'm in no way related to the development of King's Quest II vga and that my date is just a wild guess from my part. AGDI hasn't (and won't) publicly say anything about the schedule of their projects.

About King's Quest III, you'll find that http://www.infamous-adventures.com already made a remake of it. It's a bit buggy, but still free, really good, and they have said they are planning on improve it, too. So download it fast before they take the downloads down for the next 5 months!!!

Oh, and thanks them too! ;)

EDIT: I forgot to add that AGDI can't take offers of money for their remakes of Sierra classics, but you can support them if you go to http://www.himalayastudios.com and buy something from that store, plus you get a game, CD music or cool drawing for your generosity!!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:31 pm

Unfortunately, we can't take money for our work. If you insist on monatary rewards, you could go for a copy of the commercial game that was made by several of our team members. It's called "Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine" from Himalaya Studios. I'd give you the link, but frankly, I believe a german version was available from some publisher in Germany.

Aside from that...just have patience.

Knight Status

#4 Post by 1234567890 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Hey, is it legal for me to have KQ2+ from 2004? That's when I downladed it, and I still have it, is that ok?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:23 pm

It is, though you probably want to get the new one as soon as it becomes available.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:46 pm

If able, I would suggest touching a bit the portrait of King Graham so that his cheeks aren't that pointy. :eek

Knight Status

#7 Post by 1234567890 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:19 pm

Erpy wrote:It is, though you probably want to get the new one as soon as it becomes available.

yeah, I think I have an early build, it had some bugs, more, I thik than the newest one before the revamp. Yeah, about the KQ 3 remake, it is very good, it has some bugs, but I still love it. Better get it soon, I have heard rumors of a revamp.

Oz
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Oz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:21 am

DrJones wrote:I think KQ2VGA will take at least 6, so I would be waiting for july or so as a date of release.
I'm gonna go with April.
Just a hunch.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#9 Post by DrJones » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:25 pm

I think it will take as long as it takes to render the new AGDi Logo animation. Besides, Erpy has to find his old picture with the Graham Attire, and that will take at least two months more, but it will be worth it. :D

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#10 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:40 am

Erpy wrote:Aside from that...just have patience.
:D

haradan
Knight Status

#11 Post by haradan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:47 am

Indeed. ;)

Werther, be welcomed, be patient, and be happy.