King's Quest II Remake v3.1 Released! (now with Mac Version)

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

haradan
Knight Status

Re: King's Quest II: Romancing the Stones v3.0 Released!

#51 Post by haradan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:33 am

Hey, congratulations on your achievment, glad to know you made it safe all the way. You have to come back to Mexico though, cause Michoacan is a beautiful state, although probably not the best for biking.

Anyway, back on topic, I recently replayed all three remakes and they really, really, look very good. These last versions of KQ1 and KQ2 are definitely high class. Congratulations once again and, since the future looks uncertain now that there's not a lot of room to move in regards of your three remakes (they couldn't be better than they are now, so I'm not expecting a KQVGA 5.0 or something), I think it's time for a new announcement from AGDI, to keep us fans entusiastic and looking forward. It's April the first anyway, so you could announce just about anything. I signed in today almost expecting to find an announcement. So why don't you? ;)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#52 Post by Gronagor » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:29 pm

Ok, then! They're remaking Thexder!!

haradan
Knight Status

#53 Post by haradan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:36 am

No, they're not! You won't fool me with that one. :p

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#54 Post by Erpy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:56 am

Good to hear you're still safe and sound, Brit. And congratulations on finishing the ride.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#55 Post by Schloss Ritter » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 pm

I haven't been around in months thanks to some technical issues, but I just wanted to drop in and give thanks again for all the hard work done by the AGDs and associates.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: King's Quest II Remake v3.1 Released! (now with Mac Version)

#56 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:53 am

King's Quest II: Romancing the Stones (Version 3.1) has been released for both PC and Mac. Again, a big thanks for Les Wavrychuk for assisting with the Mac version!

You can get the latest builds from the King's Quest 2 page on the AGDI website.

Important: Remember to uninstall any previous versions of King's Quest II: Romancing the Stones from your system prior to installing version 3.1. Since we have changed installer software, v3.1 shouldn't be installed over an existing installation, as this has the potential to leave ghost files behind when you later uninstall. Save game files are, unfortunately, not compatible between different game versions.

CHANGES TO VERSION 3.1
----------------------
WARNING: GAME SPOILERS AHEAD

- Fixed: a crash on the title screen triggered by reloading the game in Vista and Windows 7 without Admin privileges
- Fixed: a crash when loading save-game files by double-clicking on them and then clicking restart
- Fixed: a bug where character and object tint/shade levels displayed incorrectly under Direct3D mode
- Fixed: potential freezing of the video stream in the introduction Magic Mirror movie sequence
- Fixed: a bug where the mouth icon became active in the final Cloud Spirit test instead of the arrow
- Fixed: a bug which made it possible to walk using the arrow keys when the walk icon was disabled
- Fixed: a bug when reading the bible which caused the wrong background frame to appear behind the page
- Fixed: graphics filters in the winsetup.exe program crashing the game
- Fixed: an oversight where the Count could appear during the swamp wolf ambush scene.
- Changed: the visibility of Graham and the seahorse as they near the fake wall in the Sharkee's realm
- Changed: the appearance of Graham's hair in the dialog portrait without his adventurer's hat
- Changed: save-games to be saved in the game directory again rather than in My Documents/My Saved Games
- Changed: the game's installer to use Inno Setup for better compression and performance
- Added: an Apple Mac port of the game
- Added: a checkbox to the installer asking whether the user wants to create a game desktop icon or not

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: King's Quest II Remake v3.1 Released! (now with Mac Version)

#57 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:53 am

A patch has been made available for the King's Quest 2 remake, which updates it from version 3.1 to 3.1b.

Unfortunately, this patch is available for the Windows version only (no Mac patch).

More information and a download link are posted in the following thread:

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtop ... 06#p219506