When does night come?

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Purrcat
Peasant Status

When does night come?

#1 Post by Purrcat » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:06 am

I've got the net, feather, stick, reed, pearl, earrings, broach, candle, membership, letter (from door in town) ... already saved the bird, gave back the pumpkin baby, gave back the basket to Possum, put coins in fountain, saw door of destiny, signed membership and read book, talked to merchant, talk to guy in haystack, saw Mermaid and saw Batman. Not sure what else and there might be something else I have....

But it's never night so I can't do any night things. I can tell by my points list there is a ton more to do. I'm walking an endless loop looking to see if anything looks different (not that I'm noticing). Can't get into Grandma's House.. sigh. Pleeeeaaaase give me some hints here. I've search the forums, but that is frustrating and half the time I get no results because the search term (kolyma for instance) won't work. Help!

Jan

Yendor
Peasant Status

Re: When does night come?

#2 Post by Yendor » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:24 am

Night doesn't come until much later in the game. It's not on a timer like Quest for Glory.

Have you tried talking to the merchant again? He might have something you need.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:25 am

If you've been to the Door of Destiny than you should have an idea of where you should go next. It's not supposed to be night-time yet. That doesn't happen until after the second half of the game. If you remember the poem that the Door of Destiny said to you there are three gems you need to acquire to open the door. He tells you where those three gems are. You have to get them in order. If you're lost as to where to go next the librarian will recommend some pertinent books for you to read about the places you have to go to next (i you have a library card, that is).

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:19 am

... and search the forest. It seems you've missed a number of objects.