A couple plot questions

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

radicalfaith360
Peasant Status

A couple plot questions

#1 Post by radicalfaith360 » Sun May 17, 2009 3:13 am

By the way guys, awesome game! Thank you so much for your hard work, especially getting the voices of Josh Mandel and Richard Aronson. I have a couple questions about the story so SPOILERS BEWARE
When you first meet Possum, she talks about Grandma's nightmare, she says "blue light is the bat's true bane", what is this blue light she is talking about?

Next question, after killing the head monk, the boatman says "a man who had assumed your appearance boarded my boat", who was the man that got on the boat?

And finally, what is the "item" that the father is searching for and why?

Thanks for all of your help.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: A couple plot questions

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun May 17, 2009 10:37 am

When you first meet Possum, she talks about Grandma's nightmare, she says "blue light is the bat's true bane", what is this blue light she is talking about?
It's merely her grandma having a fever dream and ailing, but it's also a hint that indicates how to get rid of the bat symbol above Hagatha's cave entrance.
Next question, after killing the head monk, the boatman says "a man who had assumed your appearance boarded my boat", who was the man that got on the boat?
According to the story, the monks of the brotherhood were granted the power to shapeshift. While a wolf was their favored form, they could assume other forms. One of the monks took on Graham's appearance in order to get to the castle and lure the boatman away at the same time.
And finally, what is the "item" that the father is searching for and why?
KQ2+ doesn't make clear what "The Item" is, but the "Legends" book you can read in the library does shed some light on who the Father is. "The Item" is related to Legenimor, Daventry's first king, who was also a powerful magic user who created Daventry's three treasures.

The Father's goal is to claim Legenimor's power for himself.

radicalfaith360
Peasant Status

#3 Post by radicalfaith360 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Ah, I see now. Thank you very much.

Cadbury Wookie
Royal Scribe

#4 Post by Cadbury Wookie » Mon May 18, 2009 8:46 am

I'm glad someone remembers. :)