KQ2-MAC functionality request - Quit button

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

sirkinght
Peasant Status

KQ2-MAC functionality request - Quit button

#1 Post by sirkinght » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:07 am

could you make it easier to quit the game for the MAC users? I found later that CTRL-Q was the way to exit the game. Since the game takes over my mac and does not load up in a window, or seem to have any mac menu it is rather not straight forward how to stop playing the game once its started...

-Sir Knight

adeyke

Re: KQ2-MAC functionality request - Quit button

#2 Post by adeyke » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:30 am

There's a quit button in the game's control panel.

sirkinght
Peasant Status

#3 Post by sirkinght » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:39 pm

I should have elaborated.

Since the game takes over the mac machine (at least it does in my instance) There is no visible quit option from the title screen. And it is a rather odd sequence to have to restore or begin the game just to bring up the top menu to quit again...

I was suggesting this as a point to look at for when they have time. From a MAC stand point it may be disorienting to a few.

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by goatmeal » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:18 am

sirkinght wrote:I should have elaborated.

Since the game takes over the mac machine (at least it does in my instance) There is no visible quit option from the title screen. And it is a rather odd sequence to have to restore or begin the game just to bring up the top menu to quit again...

I was suggesting this as a point to look at for when they have time. From a MAC stand point it may be disorienting to a few.
For the Windows version of KQ2VGA, there is also no "Quit" button on the initial screen.

It appears that AGDI were trying to model the title screen after the EGA version of Sierra's "King's Quest" remake (1990); KQ1EGA has the same 4 options on the title screen -- "Introduction / Begin Game / Credits / Continue Game" -- that KQ2VGA has.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 am

I guess they figured nobody would want to quit the game immediately upon launching it?

Knight Status

#6 Post by 1234567890 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:23 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:I guess they figured nobody would want to quit the game immediately upon launching it?
once you see that king's quest ii logo, you see the pixelated graphics and as a modern gamer, you know you must get out of this mess AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AT ALL COSTS.

you old school gamers just wouldn't understand.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:22 pm

I believe it can be windowed with command F but I can't check right now since I don't have it on this computer, I did find not being able to tab out very annoying. Maybe that's because I was trying to find a map and didn't want to quit the game just to relaunch it as soon as I figured out how many screens to travel.