Graveyard puns

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Puppy
Peasant Status

Graveyard puns

#1 Post by Puppy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:35 am

Hi AGDI community,
I've recently discovered the newest remake version and I was astonished playing it. The graphic update was really great and while replaying the game I discovered a lot of jokes and puns that I seem to have missed when I played the older version.
Because it was very long ago that I played KQ2 the last time, I got stuck on some locations. Trying to remember I inspected things closer. Among that places are the graveyards. When looking at most of the grave texts, I understood at once the joke or the reference, but upon others I was pretty puzzled.
As I like this game so much and would like to discover more of its witts and in-game jokes, I would be grateful if you could tell me the meaning of the names and grave texts listed below. Thanks in advance!

Douglas Buckmaster
b. 995 d. 1020
"The noise," said he, "is far too loud," As he discerned the maddened crowd. The mob broke in, he then did scream, "I'd rather this a sight unseen!"They strung him up, from toe to head And as for after, enough's been said.

there is some relationship between the kind of death and his name? i don't understand very well the humour behind this text.

Alfred Chamberlain
b. 810 d. 810
He'd not seen his first sunrise felt not the warmth of dawn all who saw him wept and cried to this world he'd come stillborn

it's a real fact and this one it's a dedication to a real baby? If it's so i'm sorry for it.

Rarlop Neeven: it's this word an anagram? What's the meaning of it? A jester that throw is life away? I'm really curious :-D

Lester Williamson: here you talk about a man scared by "bugs". It's a reference to programming bugs? I don't understand the humour behind it... sorry :-D

Coco Heirbool: maybe the irony it's behind the pronunciation? "Coco(nuts) Hairs-Bowl"????

I'm trying to understand them and i'm going crazy :-D ahahah

beth84
Peasant Status

Re: Graveyard puns

#2 Post by beth84 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi Puppy, your question sounds really interesting! :) I'm curious to know something about these quotes too!
No answers about it?:)

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Summer77 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:58 pm

Speaking of graveyard which grave should I dig a hole? I don't want to be pull in by anyone or thing while digging a hole, not at all.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:55 am

The book you found in the castle library mentioned a date.