KING'S QUEST II SOUNDTRACK PAGE

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#1 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:27 pm

KING'S QUEST II+ SOUNDTRACK PAGE

For those who wish to listen to individual songs from the King's Quest II: Romancing The Stones soundtrack, Quest Studios has posted a new page containing numerous selections from the game. This page will be updated regularly.

All song files are presented in "Ogg Vorbis" digital format, which requires the use of a playback utility capable of reading "ogg" files. (WinAmp v2.8 or later, and other free players are available.) These files are all encoded for CD-quality output.

If you have any questions or experience any problems with these 'ogg' files, feel free to contact me at: kq2music@queststudios.com

Tom Lewandowski
QUEST STUDIOS
AGDI PROJECT MUSICIAN

Edited by:Tom Lewandowski at: 12/14/02 10:38:22 am

Relight
Archival Expert

Re: NEW KING'S QUEST II SOUNDTRACK PAGE

#2 Post by Relight » Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:55 pm

YAY! Free soundtrack :D , Sierra would have never...

Edited by: Relight at: 12/7/02 4:07:47 pm

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:53 am

thank you!! now i can listen to the 3D cutscene music anytime I want! lol

"Requires MCGA, CGA, VGA, PGA, or TA-RA-RA-BOOMGA!!" -Gary Owens, SQ4

Relight
Archival Expert

#4 Post by Relight » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:42 pm

Well Tom thanks again, now that I've downloaded all the OGG's and am listening to them non-stop!

I really like the Mermaid's theme now too that I'm listening more. I really wish more had been done with the mermaid. Definitely unexplored territory.

Anyway, the unfortunate thing is the way Winamp displays OGG file info. But I'll deal with it. Did you know you misspelt your own last name in the one of the files (track 01 actually)?

Tom I didn't know your age before you mentioned it in the other thread, so that's pretty cool :)

Is anyone going to enter the CD cover / CD labels contest? I will but so far what I have isn't that great.

Last thing Tom: on Quest's Sierra Digital Audio MP3/OGG page, the game is called "Betrayal In Antara" not "At Antara" like the first game "At Krondor"

Edited by: Relight at: 12/8/02 9:15:24 am

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#5 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:46 pm

Thanks for letting me know about my name spelling error. I've corrected it.

David Henry sent me those Antara MP3's, and I didn't have the game...so I didn't question it. I'll have to update that. Strange that nobody's ever noticed it before...or maybe, just didn't bother telling me about it.

The CD design thing isn't really a contest. I'm just trying to get other ideas. I already have one designed, but I'd like to see other possibilities. (I'm tired of my own designs!) And AGD2 has the DVD case, covered. (Pun intended.)

YODAM
Peasant Status

#6 Post by YODAM » Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:53 pm

i infact am going to attempt the CD cover challenge (its not really a contest) and Im very excited! I think everone will like them.

i hope to download these files, but with my slow modem i have to make sure i have a fast connection when i do (and i dont right now! :( )

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#7 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:13 pm

To anyone who is interested in helping with ideas for the Soundtrack CD designs...

PLEASE DON'T EMAIL US asking for original graphic images from the game. The original graphics were designed to display best at 320x200, and are for the most part, 75 dpi images. Screen captures will provide the same results as the graphics we would provide.

Thanks!

Edited by: Tom Lewandowski at: 12/8/02 7:14:40 pm

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#8 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:18 am

Ooohhh...a design by Brandon is in the works? -- The 3D Wizard, himself! I can't wait! After the phenominal job you did on the 3D cutscene, I know I won't be disappointed!

El Ravager
Knight Status

#9 Post by El Ravager » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:29 pm

Woohoo!

~El Ravager~

Relight
Archival Expert

#10 Post by Relight » Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:51 am

Well Tom if you're a Music Wizard and Wookie is a Story Wizard I can't claim to be a 3D Wizard. I'm glad everyone liked it (Erpy's flaming aside! ;) ) but I'm quite an amateur compared to anyone else who does 3D stuff (but I suppose that is only lack of time to develop that particular application of artistic skill). I guess I was the only person perky and determined enough to volunteer when I read the AGDs posting about it.

I won't be completely self-modest though, I do have some graphical skills. You will see some more of my work in a little surprise within a few months.

(Also, as I mentioned before there will be an article on the cutscene on Tierra website, but I know the AGDs are still very busy so don't bother them about it. Glad to see they put up the QFG2 page though!)

As for CD designs, I'll just say that I had at least one really cool concept, so far, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It is a bit unfair though, really ;) Hehe.

YODAM
Peasant Status

#11 Post by YODAM » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:08 am

i like to consider myself a computer graphics genius, but im not. althoug i like the think im a computer genius. at least everyone tells me i am! But i will say it now, i love video editing and am getting prety good at it. if you need some for later games i would be glad to offer my assistance! ;)
LOL

-

#12 Post by Guest » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:29 pm

Relight, you should add a 3D cutscene to King's Quest I 3.0. Maybe that's the surprise.

You definely should make a 3D intro for QFG2. You know with the genie laughing fon the mountain. The flying carpet ride with the hero and the Kattas.

Tom, you definetly need to add more music involving the love ballad, that starts at the beginning of The Quest Begins. I guess you want more people to finish the game before adding more of it, since it's at the end of the game.

MusicallyInspired

Re: -

#13 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:32 pm

i wasnt going to at first but then i said what the heck, so im going to be making a cover design as well.....what track names? just the ones that are on your site right now, Tom?

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#14 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:13 pm

You don't have to worry about Track names or song lengths. I'll take care of that on the inside back cover. And the inside front cover will be Tierra information and game promotion.

I'm currently in the process of putting together a page that lists all the music numbers, song titles, track numbers, location in the game, length, etc. But like the KQ2 soundtrack page, I won't be posting the completed listing until people have had a chance to play through the game. Some of the song titles could give away the solution to a puzzle, and we wouldn't want to do that. (i.e. TRACK 412 "GIVING THE HORSESHOE TO THE GENIE") :)

Jade Bonzai
Peasant Status

#15 Post by Jade Bonzai » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am

Hey Tom, is there any way you can convert them to another format? Like MP3s? I'm asking this because my burner doesn't see the OGG files as audio files. Can you do this? Or will it be too much work?

Relight
Archival Expert

#16 Post by Relight » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:30 am

You can download Oggdrop from www.vorbis.com under the downloads section. it'll go to wav, then you goto mp3. of course i'm sure there's other programs out there too.

ps, ezboard changed the layout of the post page! i don't like it.

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#17 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:42 am

Yeah...WinAmp will do that, too. I'm posting Ogg Vorbis files so they can also be used with the game (for those that can't download the entire digital music pack.)

Ahhhhh!!!! What happened? Did we just update to a new EZ Board? Everything's....changed. 8o

MusicallyInspired

#18 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:44 am

whoa yea it is changed. i like it, myself.

anyways, thx ill get to work on it again. <p>"Requires MCGA, CGA, VGA, PGA, or TA-RA-RA-BOOMGA!!" -Gary Owens, SQ4

Relight
Archival Expert

#19 Post by Relight » Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:48 am

WinAmp will convert? Huh? I have WinAmp 3.0b Full, and I don't find any type of convert option anywhere.

Jade Bonzai
Peasant Status

#20 Post by Jade Bonzai » Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:07 am

Yeah, I have Winamp 3.0 as well, and I don't know how to convert, LOL.

More in depth please Tom? :lol

MusicallyInspired

#21 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:12 am

not sure about 3, but on Winamp 2 you can change the output driver to the DiskWriter driver and when you play songs it saves them as WAVs on your hard drive. you dont hear anything and it 'plays' a little faster too.

YODAM
Peasant Status

#22 Post by YODAM » Wed Dec 11, 2002 7:43 am

ewww! they did. i HATE IT!

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

#23 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:40 pm

Right, M.I. WinAmp 3 doesn't have the option, but WinAmp 2.8 does -- and it supports Ogg. And it's fast to convert. But "OggDrop" is also fast, and newer, and designed specifically for Ogg Vorbis, so it's probably a better option, anyway.

Diskwriter plugin for Winamp 3 is available separately

#24 Post by Guest » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:27 am

To write WAV output in Winamp 3.0, you need to download the DiskWriter plugin seperately (it was not packaged with Winamp).

From the Winamp3 FAQ:

How do I convert audio to WAVE?
Download and install www.blorp.com/~peter/wa3/diskwriter.exe - Disk Writer. In the Playlist Editor or Media Library right click on a file and select convert. To convert select "Convert to PCM WAVE." To change the settings select settings.

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

Re: Diskwriter plugin for Winamp 3 is available separately

#25 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:30 am

Thanks for the link! This was the only feature I didn't like about WinAmp 3.