King's Quest 2 VGA Official Walkthrough released!

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Grand Dad
Peasant Status

Hints, Walkthroughs and cheating.

#51 Post by Grand Dad » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:05 pm

I firmly believe that once you've finished a game but with less points, a lower score, taking hints or refering to a walkthrough is definitely not cheating! Cheating is, as unfortunately some do, is using cheat codes :(.

LadyRenae
Peasant Status
Location: In my lavishly decorated cave, operating the laptop of DOOM!

Re:  King's Quest 2 VGA Official Walkthrough released!

#52 Post by LadyRenae » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:49 am

Since the Tierra main page is currently being used to promote the new game and no information is up about the KQ VGA games due to (so I heard) an upcoming release of better versions, is there an alternate location where the walkthrough can be found for those of us still playing the pre-update versions?

If I didn't make any sense, could you please slap me upside the head with a fish so I can try that one again?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: King's Quest 2 VGA Official Walkthrough released!

#53 Post by Brainiac » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:17 am

LadyRenae wrote:Since the Tierra main page is currently being used to promote the new game and no information is up about the KQ VGA games due to (so I heard) an upcoming release of better versions, is there an alternate location where the walkthrough can be found for those of us still playing the pre-update versions?

If I didn't make any sense, could you please slap me upside the head with a fish so I can try that one again?
Well, a walkthrough for the original or enhanced KQ1 will work just as well for AGDI's KQ1. As far as AGDI's KQ2, if you can't find Erpy's walkthrough, there's one up over at GameFAQs (along with CyricZ's v1.0 walkthrough for QfG2).

And as far as hitting you with a fish to the face...don't encourage Spikey. :p

LadyRenae
Peasant Status
Location: In my lavishly decorated cave, operating the laptop of DOOM!

#54 Post by LadyRenae » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 am

Hey now, I only authorized fish-slappery in the event that I failed to make sense in my inquiry!

Additionally, I thank you for your advice.

Grand Dad
Peasant Status

#55 Post by Grand Dad » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:33 pm

:lol :rollin :) stick to that fish!

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#56 Post by DrJones » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:07 am

I almost lost my game because I overwrote my only savefile just before becoming the lunch of a Sharkee. Fortunately, the 3.0 version allows to press ESC to skip movement. The trick doesn't allow you to go through the Sharkee, but it was good enough to save me from an horrible dead-end due to unfortunate timing. :p

hecate
Peasant Status

#57 Post by hecate » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:30 pm

I can't find the hints/solution points at the link provided in the first post. On the AGD KQII site, clicking on hints shows "coming soon" and clicking on solution/points shows "coming soon". I really don't want a step by step walkthrough (which I've found); I like the idea of seeing a hint and not seeing further hints unless you want to, as with KQI. Any suggestions for finding it? Thanks.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#58 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:57 pm

It was meant to be added at some later point. (the specific formatting of the original page gave Eriq headaches to implement) At this point, I don't think it's likely to appear very soon. Perhaps you can simply ask questions here when you get stuck.

hecate
Peasant Status

#59 Post by hecate » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Erpy wrote:It was meant to be added at some later point. (the specific formatting of the original page gave Eriq headaches to implement)
But that formatting worked great with the KQI hints! Thanks for the update, Erpy. I have found walkthroughs, but like the idea of getting just a tiny hint first and clicking if I need more ;).

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#60 Post by Brainiac » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 am

Erpy wrote:It was meant to be added at some later point. (the specific formatting of the original page gave Eriq headaches to implement) At this point, I don't think it's likely to appear very soon. Perhaps you can simply ask questions here when you get stuck.
hecate wrote:But that formatting worked great with the KQI hints! Thanks for the update, Erpy. I have found walkthroughs, but like the idea of getting just a tiny hint first and clicking if I need more ;).
I refer you all to the Universal Hint System.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#61 Post by eriqchang » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:02 am

I promise to get to this at some point!! It is a great hint system and Erpy's original hints will be preserved on the site for the ages.

Marathonman
Peasant Status

#62 Post by Marathonman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:12 am

Pleeeeeeaaaaase, release the walkthrough and the point list of KQ2. I'm missing some points...

Greetings Marathonman

Scully
Peasant Status

#63 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:You, too, can have this amazing ability! Simply visit the KQ2VGA page at http://www.tierraentertainment.com and click on the Walkthrough link at the very bottom of the page! Amazing! :)

This link doesn't work. It refreshes to http://www.agdinteractive.com/ and I haven't been able to find the walkthrough anywhere. :\

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#64 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:38 am

Scully
Peasant Status

#65 Post by Scully » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:50 am

Sweet...thank you so much!!! :D

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#66 Post by DrJones » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 am

Sorry, the walkthrough got taken down between releases 2.0 and 3.1 and it hasn't been restored yet. I believe there are walkthroughs posted in gamefaqs, so you might search for them there for the moment.