The Father

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Aldrian
Peasant Status

#26 Post by Aldrian » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:27 am

Hm... so Mannanan, Alhazered and Mordack are members of the Brotherhood of the Black Cloak. While Mordack (and possibly Mannanan) feign membership or are actual members in the Society of Wizards.

That's what I'm getting from this, atleast. Perhaps many members of the Black Cloak are also members of the Society of Wizards... and the Society of Wizards try to fish out the evil wizards amongst their ranks...?

Though it's pretty clear, if Alhazared has anything to say he is NOT a member of the SoW or even a wizard himself. Though clearly Alexander is not really a prodigal wizard but he can cast a spell or two. (He did LIVE with a wizard, though... perhaps that had something to do with it, I don't know.)

Clearly, though. The writers of the AGDI games (Wookie?) intend for all of or most of the King's Quest villains to be members of this black cloak society. (It doesn't look to me like Malisha or Lolotte were members of the society, however. For )that matter neither was the fellow in King's Quest 8 very BrBCish.

Cadbury Wookie
Royal Scribe

#27 Post by Cadbury Wookie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:36 am

It would have been great to find out what the official intentions were for the ol' BCS. I attempted to work something original into that, which might have lent itself to a future King Quest <insert number here>.

Who is and isn't in the society is secondary to the fact that their boss is completely nuts. :) They're in it for the promise of imminent (relatively speaking) world-ruling, but don't realise what the world's in for if the Father achieves his goal.

<cue sinister music... or not>

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#28 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:22 am

I hope someday we get to find out Wookie! Either by novel or game.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#29 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:49 am

Has anyone read the KQ novels? I have The Floating Castle and I wondered if they made any others.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Novels

#30 Post by Brainiac » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:18 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Has anyone read the KQ novels? I have The Floating Castle and I wondered if they made any others.
I've read that one too; unfortunately, my copy has vanished.  The other two books are Kingdom of Sorrow and See No Weevil.  The Floating Castle and Kingdom of Sorrow can be found relatively cheaply on auction and bookstore sites, but See No Weevil is apparently rare; I've never seen a copy for less than $25.