The Father

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

The Father

#1 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:29 am

Who is the father how does he fit in with the other kings quest games?

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#2 Post by Uhanimar » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:42 am

I want to know the exact same thing....

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:46 am

The Father is a new character created by Wookie. He doesn't officially fit into the King's Quest plot. Wookie has written a few more things on him, which explain more about him, and why some of the things happened in the King's Quest series.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:54 am

Where can i find this information?

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#5 Post by Uhanimar » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:26 am

I want to know every thing about this guy....so same here

Relight
Archival Expert

#6 Post by Relight » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:31 am

Wookie has not revealed the rest of the story yet. Whether or not he'll do that at a future point is unknown.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#7 Post by bartonjo2 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:24 am

either way it does explain why all these bad things happen to Graham's family doesn't it.

Jawbone
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Jawbone » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:01 pm

To me it made it sound like that he was introduced here as he was to be main villian of KQ: Mask of Eternity. Can't say I know for sure because the game would glitch on me and I could never beat it because of that! Weh!

adeyke

#9 Post by adeyke » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:18 pm

The Father isn't involved in MoE.

Sedna
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Sedna » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:30 am

I think he was made up out of these rumours about the Black Cloak Society ... (I've heard the BCS was never planned by Mrs Williams)
anyway, he IS an interesting character :) but how could he simply escape at the end??? Graham has had the opportunity to kill him (but of course this wouldn't make sense ;) )

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Gardenburger » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:24 pm

He's just a Cameo of whats in store perhaps...? Its worth the wait.

Jawbone
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Jawbone » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:17 pm

Ahhh. Okay, I was just wondering if he was cannon or not. Oh well, even if he isn't he's still kick arse.

Phoenix Software
Royal Servant Status

#13 Post by Phoenix Software » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:52 pm

Gardenburger wrote:He's just a Cameo of whats in store perhaps...? Its worth the wait.
Good day all,

And what are we waiting for? Sorry I am a bit confused.

Keep the Dream Alive,
-Phoenix Software

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#14 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:39 pm

I think he was made up out of these rumours about the Black Cloak Society ... (I've heard the BCS was never planned by Mrs Williams)
Well, there is, according to KQ6, an "Order of the Black Cloak" or something similar. And in KQ5 there is, according to Crispin, a "Society of Wizards", but I don't think they are the same thing as Crispin is good and nobody in the Society of Wizards seemed to like Mordack very much as Crispin said he had been "..put on supension a few times".

But, yes, as far as the BCS it wasn't made up by Mrs. Williams, no.

Sedna
Peasant Status

#15 Post by Sedna » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote: Well, there is, according to KQ6, an "Order of the Black Cloak" or something similar. And in KQ5 there is, according to Crispin, a "Society of Wizards", but I don't think they are the same thing as Crispin is good and nobody in the Society of Wizards seemed to like Mordack very much as Crispin said he had been "..put on supension a few times".

But, yes, as far as the BCS it wasn't made up by Mrs. Williams, no.
I found this (I'm sure this isn't new to anybody here):

I asked Roberta [...], and sorry to admit that she said she didn't remember the Black Cloak Society. It sounds cool. Perhaps she should have taken it more seriously and featured it in other games. With respect to Hagatha [being related to Manannan and Mordack]: Roberta's answer was, "Would you like them to be related?" Then she said, "Nope, Hagatha was her own seperate person." - Ken Williams at SierraGamers (6-9-2003)

The "Black Cloak Society" was never an actual term that I instigated or thought up. I'm not actually sure where that came from. The closest thought that I have on that subject is that: when I was working with Jane Jensen on King's Quest 6, and we thought up the evil vizier, we talked loosely about the possibility of putting Mannanan, Mordack, and the vizier together as group -- possibly -- in a future King's Quest. There was loose reference to the possibility in King's Quest 6, although nothing was set in stone at that time. I think that it's possible that Jane Jensen might have mentioned the possibility (perhaps) in subsequent interviews on the subject, although, I'm not sure about that. Later on, I heard about the Black Cloak Society and kind of wondered where that phrase came from, but, I never refuted it as I thought it was kind of cool and, probably, would have gone on with the idea in future King's Quests had I had the chance. And, one final thing: Hagatha was never part in any discussion of a Black Cloak Society. - Roberta Williams at SierraGamers (6-9-2003)

But it doesn't matter :) what is important, is, that the fans are having their own thoughts and ideas about the whole thing.
together as group -- possibly -- in a future King's Quest
And therefore The Father is a great idea   :p

Dragonrose
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Dragonrose » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:03 am

That's really weird that she claims not to have created it, because it IS in KQ6.

When you're spying on the Vizier, he writes (and I quote)

"Dear Shadrak. Salutations from the Society of the Black Cloak, etc., etc. My long preperations are about to come to fruition."

Maybe Jane Jensen wrote that bit of dialogue instead of Mrs. Williams.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Okay...

#17 Post by FatherGhostface » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:57 pm

Okay, this is what I think.
In KQ2, where the cloud guy tests Graham on the second test, he refused to hand over the crown to the father. And this was right after Rosella was kidnapped by the dragon and most likley during the time Alexander had escaped the wizard. And the cause of Graham's sickness in KQ4 was unknown? Perhaps the Father put Graham into an ill state in revenge for not giving him the crown.

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#18 Post by anathoth8 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:19 pm

I hate to break it to you, bud, but that's not a particularly revolutionary theory. All of that is pretty clearly spelled out in the game.

Edit: Oh, wait. I forgot that you haven't played the game yet. Um, just carry on then.  ;)

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Actually,

#19 Post by FatherGhostface » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:56 pm

Actually, I beat the KQ4 game 5 times. I just didn't tell you guys becuase I thought you wouldn't really care.  :rolleyes  :lol

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#20 Post by anathoth8 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:10 pm

My comment was actually refering to KQ2VGA, which, IIRC, you only just recently downloaded and played. It was only after making my snide comment that I remembered that you may not have finished the game yet.  :\

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Hmm

#21 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:14 am

I did now! Well actually a while a ago. But okay! I got 172 out 185

daventry
Knight Status

The Father

#22 Post by daventry » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:20 pm

One thing still bothers me witch leads to a mistake and a huge confusion, what is this item he so despredly seeks.
Last edited by daventry on Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#23 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:30 pm

"The Item" is a new thing that Wookie added to the plot. It is not in reference to anything in any later games. As for the crown, it is necessary to have it in order to get "The Item".

IA is doing a 1 to 1 remake. They will not be using any of our added plot elements.

Kloreep
Knight Status

#24 Post by Kloreep » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:36 pm

There's a book in the library, I think during either the last or second-to-last time you can visit, that explains about an old ruler of Daventry called Legenimor, or something like that, who was a very powerful wizard. I can't remember much of the story, you'll have to go find the book for yourself. :)

I can't remember if the identity of "The Item" is ever revealed, but if you read that book passage, you'll understand that what the Father seeks is the ability to access Legenimor's power, which seems to be tied in to being the (rightful) ruler of Daventry. (IIRC the Father states at one point that he will be "more powerful than Legenimor himself" if he succeeds.)

daventry
Knight Status

#25 Post by daventry » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:47 pm

Wookie says "his storyline will continue"