QFG2 News & Updates: Version 2.0 Released on PC and Mac!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

Re: ** Quest for Glory II OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED **

#676 Post by Spanky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:10 pm

My favorite has always been qfg4. But I think it may be for nostalgic reasons. I recently played the game through again (which didn't take me very long because I had played the game so many times in the past) and it really wasn't as good as I thought. But yeah, maybe it's just because I played the game far too many times. And it's also somewhat disappointing to play as a thief. Cool Peter Lorre as a roach aside, you could only rob one house :(

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#677 Post by Brainiac » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Spanky wrote:And it's also somewhat disappointing to play as a thief. Cool Peter Lorre as a roach aside, you could only rob one house :(
Two, actually. Three if you count the Monastery.

Jack Sawyer
Royal Servant Status

#678 Post by Jack Sawyer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:28 pm

Anytime someone asks some variation of "Is it ready yet?" some great cosmic clock in some faraway place labelled "QFG2VGA release date" gets set back 12 hours :P

In case you're wondering why it tkaes so long :P

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#679 Post by Spanky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:31 pm

[quote=Braniac]Two, actually. Three if you count the Monastery.[/quote]
What's the second?

ultrahighcrazydude
Peasant Status

#680 Post by ultrahighcrazydude » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:48 pm

i love qfg1 lol ive played it that many times i can finish it in a few hours with a perfect score

qfg2 was my 2nd fav

qfg3 i didnt really like much at all just the way it was set out

a very sad fact is that i have never played qfg4 the reson for this is because i have never been able to find it yes i can not really call my self a hardcore fan sob* i have been living a lie im sorry plz feel free to sacrifice me for a bug and glich free relese of qfg2vga i will make myself a martyr to do this

and that means that qfg5 was my 3rd fav

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#681 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:52 pm

Spanky wrote:
Braniac wrote:Two, actually. Three if you count the Monastery.
What's the second?
The Burgomeister's office.

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#682 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:54 pm

It is now 12:50 P.M. here in Albuquerque N.M. While we continue to countdown anybody else feel like singing
Were leaving together,
But still its farewell
And maybe well come back,
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
Were leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?

Its the final countdown...

Were heading for venus and still we stand tall
Cause maybe theyve seen us and welcome us all
With so many light years to go and things to be found
Im sure that well all miss her so.

That is all the lyrics i could find maybe they should put this song the final countdown on the main page until it comes out.

John

ultrahighcrazydude
Peasant Status

#683 Post by ultrahighcrazydude » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:58 pm

lol u forgot the 'do do do doooooo' sound in before and between the verses lol

Malak233
Peasant Status

#684 Post by Malak233 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:14 pm

Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm the only one who cared much for QFG3. At least this release of QFG2 will give me an excuse to play QFG 3 & 4 after I finish 2.

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

#685 Post by JustLuke32 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:16 pm

You're not. QfG3 is my favourite game in the series.

LFF
Peasant Status

#686 Post by LFF » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:28 pm

JustLuke32 wrote:You're not. QfG3 is my favourite game in the series.
QG2 is my favorite game (of all time actually), followed by QG3, QF1 ... and then QG4.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#687 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:31 pm

I don't have a favourite because I've only ever played the first game.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#688 Post by Spanky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:46 pm

QFG3 is nowhere near my favorite, but I certainly prefer it over QFG5.
I also think the awful-waffle-walker is absolutely genius.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#689 Post by Alanor. » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:49 pm

QFG5 for me.

ultrahighcrazydude
Peasant Status

#690 Post by ultrahighcrazydude » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:54 pm

one other thing im wondering is Who else has a hybrid char and when i say hybrid i mean a magic using fighter who can pick locks and steal stuff?

......because hybrids ROCK!!! lol

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#691 Post by Spanky » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:58 pm

Hybrids aren't very challenging. I like sticking to one of the three, although I rarely choose fighter.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#692 Post by Alanor. » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Yawn! It's almost 2 in the night here. knock.. knock.. Eriq, you there??

Eric Banyon
Peasant Status

#693 Post by Eric Banyon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:11 pm

ultrahighcrazydude wrote:one other thing im wondering is Who else has a hybrid char and when i say hybrid i mean a magic using fighter who can pick locks and steal stuff?

Until now, I always set up a hybrid:Thief, with magic and fighter skills, in QFG1. Mostly because thieves are the only ones who can start the game with the full range of skills I want. Then, in QFG2 I would cheat and turn off thief skills because I remember them interfering with the way I wanted to play.

Sadly, it's been far too long now for me to remember why. I never even figured out how to run QFG4 on Dosbox (because it needs a CD, you know), because I never got past the beginning of 2, the last time I tried playing through the series (before then, I'd always had a computer capable of running them all without needing dosbox...). 2 has always been my stalling point. My brain simply does not parse sentences the way the keyboard interface required them, and it resulted in great frustration.

1stgensierrafan
Peasant Status

#694 Post by 1stgensierrafan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:12 pm

ultrahighcrazydude wrote:one other thing im wondering is Who else has a hybrid char and when i say hybrid i mean a magic using fighter who can pick locks and steal stuff?

I have been able to create a hybrid fighter who can use magic and sneak and pick locks on the EGA version of QFG1. Is there a way to get a lock pick on the VGA version of QFG1?

ultrahighcrazydude
Peasant Status

#695 Post by ultrahighcrazydude » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Spanky wrote:Hybrids aren't very challenging. I like sticking to one of the three, although I rarely choose fighter.
yer thats true i guess and as you said i too am like that i dont really like the fighter im a mage through and through but the advantage is that i can be a mage that dont die so fast

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#696 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Eric Banyon wrote:

Until now, I always set up a hybrid:Thief, with magic and fighter skills, in QFG1. Mostly because thieves are the only ones who can start the game with the full range of skills I want. Then, in QFG2 I would cheat and turn off thief skills because I remember them interfering with the way I wanted to play.

Sadly, it's been far too long now for me to remember why. I never even figured out how to run QFG4 on Dosbox (because it needs a CD, you know), because I never got past the beginning of 2, the last time I tried playing through the series (before then, I'd always had a computer capable of running them all without needing dosbox...). 2 has always been my stalling point. My brain simply does not parse sentences the way the keyboard interface required them, and it resulted in great frustration.
This thread contains some directions to play QFG4 in Dosbox with the patches and without needing the CD.

If you want a character who can climb, throw daggers and cast spells (but you don't like thief skills), isn't it better to create a character as a fighter and give him climbing and magic?

You can get a lock pick in QFG1VGA by buying one in the thief guild. I believe clicking the hand on yourself does the sign, so non-thieves with thief skills can get in too.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#697 Post by PotatoSlayer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:20 pm

I've got a character that's got 100 in everything

ultrahighcrazydude
Peasant Status

#698 Post by ultrahighcrazydude » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:21 pm

1stgensierrafan wrote:

I have been able to create a hybrid fighter who can use magic and sneak and pick locks on the EGA version of QFG1. Is there a way to get a lock pick on the VGA version of QFG1?
yer what you do is at night time go to the ally that u get ambushed in next to the tavern and make the thief sign (the hand icon) on the thief. then he gives u the password after that go into tavern and talk to crusher ask about "thives guild" and tell him the password then u just have to get a thifs licence and u can buy a lock pick but ur better off just getting the "thives tools" cuz its a lot more effective (apparently)

1stgensierrafan
Peasant Status

#699 Post by 1stgensierrafan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:26 pm

ultrahighcrazydude wrote:
1stgensierrafan wrote:

yer what you do is at night time go to the ally that u get ambushed in next to the tavern and make the thief sign (the hand icon) on the thief. then he gives u the password after that go into tavern and talk to crusher ask about "thives guild" and tell him the password then u just have to get a thifs licence and u can buy a lock pick but ur better off just getting the "thives tools" cuz its a lot more effective (apparently)
Thanks! I thought that you had to click the lock pick on the thieves in the alley (at night) and since a non thief doesn't have one... I chose a fighter this time because the fighter is the only character who comes with a shield. And there is a way to get a stat in every skill, even when you pick a fighter (hint: --> + <--).

Eric Banyon
Peasant Status

#700 Post by Eric Banyon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:28 pm

Erpy wrote:
Eric Banyon wrote:

This thread contains some directions to play QFG4 in Dosbox with the patches and without needing the CD.

If you want a character who can climb, throw daggers and cast spells (but you don't like thief skills), isn't it better to create a character as a fighter and give him climbing and magic?
To be honest, Erpy, I really can't remember. I seem to recall I liked having lockpicking skill in QFG1, but it interfered in the way I wanted to play in QFG2. I really am sadly out of practice. I don't think I've really played the series for a good three years, ever since I stopped being a regular poster over on the offical QFG forums.

Thanks for the link. I don't know if I still have NewRisingSun's patch around anywhere... but I can probably find it either here somewhere, or back at the official forums.