QFG2 News & Updates: Version 2.0 Released on PC and Mac!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

Re: ** HOLY HINT BOOKS! COURSE 5 HAS APPEARED! **

#501 Post by Ghost_Rider » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:13 am

Spanky wrote:after which I'm going to law school.
Well, that explains everything. :p

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#502 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:01 am

Spanky wrote:You're damn right I am! I check the site daily in hope of the game's release. I have two weeks until my last semester starts, after which I'm going to law school. So this is probably the only time I have available to loaf around and play video games.
You hear that, AGDI? You'd better get cracking! After all it's your sworn holy duty to provide video games in our most desperate hour of need and limited timeframes. Free game or not!

8))

(of course, this post is in jest and I'm not flaming you, Spanky)

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#503 Post by Spanky » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:32 am

Hey, I'm not demanding or expecting AGDI to finish the game just for me. I'm only crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Tye
Royal Servant Status

#504 Post by Tye » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:35 am

*pointing at the small print* ;)

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#505 Post by PotatoSlayer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:51 pm

AGDI better release course 6 and the game right now or I will throw dirty chickens at them. :lol

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#506 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:46 pm

PotatoSlayer wrote:AGDI better release course 6 and the game right now or I will throw dirty chickens at them. :lol
Since they're a Sierra remake group, it might be more heinous to throw rubber chickens with pulleys in the middle at them instead. :rollin

gamecreator
Knight Status

#507 Post by gamecreator » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Or fine leather jackets.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#508 Post by JonWW » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 pm

gamecreator wrote:Or fine leather jackets.
That I'm selling BTW.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#509 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:23 pm

Just Adventure mentioned the impending release on their news ticker. That should get a number of internet adventure fans who don't know yet up to date.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#510 Post by PotatoSlayer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:04 pm

The game hasn't been released since my last post so I have now begun the process of building a giant slingshot so that I can get the dirty chickens to the west coast from here in florida

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#511 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Your rubbery avian projectiles might hit Eriq from there, but can they reach all the way to Australia where I have the game files? :D

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

#512 Post by Asrai » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Since I'm getting a little tired of all of the negativity I'm seeing here, I just have to butt in with what I hope is a bit more positive.

I have the impression that all of this pre-release hype (which I am enjoying!) is in no way stalling the release of the game. Rather, it is to build excitement and publicity until the time that the last few cogs and springs and little fiddly bits are all fully assembled and ready to be set in motion and send the completed work out into the world. Would anybody really prefer for them to just keep quiet until the game is ready then just spring it on us without any fanfare?

To use an analogy (that will fall apart under overly tight scrutiny). Imagine that you're a kid again. Remember when you were really little? That feeling you had before Christmas (or roughly equivalent most-exciting-holiday-of-the-year in your culture) all of the built up excitement and anticipation, and how much fun it was getting hyped up for the big day? Now imagine that you're away at summer camp when an executive decision is made to move Christmas (or aformentioned big holiday) to July. You return home two weeks later to be informed by your parents, "They moved Christmas, it was two weeks ago. Since you weren't home, we didn't bother wrapping your gifts, we just left them on your bed. Merry Christmas!" Bit anticlimactic eh?

I think for AGDI to release the game without this build up would be exactly the same (for those of us who are looking forward to the release in a way that we haven't looked forward to much of anything since we were kids at Christmas time.) So yeah, I'm a little antsy myself, I was hoping the game would be out before I start working nearly double the hours next month too. But I'm still enjoying the wait (and the production videos etc), and I don't mind not knowing exactly when it will be released. I like surprises.

So thanks to Eriq and the rest of the AGDI team for making this an event that I can get excited about rather than just plunking it on the internet and waiting for people to go... "Oh look... it's here..." when they happen to pop in several weeks or months later. All of the hard work is noted and appreciated greatly. :)

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#513 Post by PotatoSlayer » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:19 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Your rubbery avian projectiles might hit Eriq from there, but can they reach all the way to Australia where I have the game files? :D
On a normal day, probablly not, but once Tropical Storm Fay turns into a hurricane and hits my house tommorrow I should have the extra wind strength to bring the raining chickens to the outback

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#514 Post by eriqchang » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:17 pm

Asrai wrote:I think for AGDI to release the game without this build up would be exactly the same (for those of us who are looking forward to the release in a way that we haven't looked forward to much of anything since we were kids at Christmas time.) So yeah, I'm a little antsy myself, I was hoping the game would be out before I start working nearly double the hours next month too. But I'm still enjoying the wait (and the production videos etc), and I don't mind not knowing exactly when it will be released. I like surprises.

So thanks to Eriq and the rest of the AGDI team for making this an event that I can get excited about rather than just plunking it on the internet and waiting for people to go... "Oh look... it's here..." when they happen to pop in several weeks or months later. All of the hard work is noted and appreciated greatly. :)
Well that was a very thoughtful thing to say.

It's always a good thing to remember, to pay tribute to, and to celebrate the creative forces that have brought us all together. Let's not forget the contests, the promotions, the sneak-peeks, and the development magic in promotions like Sierra's "InterAction Magazine" and LucasArt's "The Adventurer" newsletters. The anticipation was always half of the fun. ;)

I'm glad you've enjoyed everything. A lot of hard work and planning went into the promotions. And there's more to come. ;)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#515 Post by Brainiac » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Eriq, first you stall the release with your little "courses" and then you rub your massive game & hintbook collection in the fans' faces? Are you TRYING to get flamed? :p

Seriously though, that collection of yours is absurdly impressive. I saw the Kyrandia series guide; how much of your collection is non-Sierra and non-LucasArts?

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#516 Post by darkgamorck » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

I would murder Eriq for that collection :) I'll now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Last edited by darkgamorck on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#517 Post by eriqchang » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 pm

LOL. That was not my intention. (although anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to show off my adventure game collection.)

There was just so much cool promotional stuff - so much care put into each game's release back then. I like to think we conjured at least a little bit of that old magic (and then some... there wasn't a YouTube in those days!) ;)

Ahhhh memories. :cry

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#518 Post by Spanky » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 pm

Maybe you could scan some of those magazines and share them with us. I don't think any of them are available for purchase anymore, so I'm sure you wouldn't be infringing on anything.

adeyke

#519 Post by adeyke » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 pm

Spanky wrote:Maybe you could scan some of those magazines and share them with us. I don't think any of them are available for purchase anymore, so I'm sure you wouldn't be infringing on anything.
See SierraVault.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#520 Post by Spanky » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:35 pm

See SierraVault.
ahhhh gracias!

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#521 Post by Spikey » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Unfortunately it doesn't have the King's Quest companion. Man, would I love to read those. Are they worth hunting down on eBay?

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#522 Post by darkgamorck » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:11 pm

adeyke wrote: See SierraVault.
I love you dude. Freaking awesome. That's a better reward than the release of this game itself. I especially am glad that they have a full download link (1.7 gigs) for people like me who want everything on the site :)

adeyke

#523 Post by adeyke » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:51 am

Note that I'm not involved with that site. I just have it bookmarked.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#524 Post by Alanor. » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:59 am

Asrai wrote:I have the impression that all of this pre-release hype (which I am enjoying!) is in no way stalling the release of the game.
So is the impression right. It's been a long time since any in game progress update report has been given out. Is QFG2VGA completely playable right now from start to end without encountering any major-moderate problems. I mean as far as bugs in the final release version are concerned. And did Vivendi gave AGDI their feedback on the copy you guys had send them for their review. What more works are left on the game before you guys actually determine the final release version. Sorry if these questions have already been answered before and I have missed them.

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#525 Post by RogerWanko » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:24 am

Erpy's wrote on Aug 03 that he is "no longer touching the code anymore."
I'm curious too about the contact with Vivendi though.....agdi-birds are go?
or did Vivendi rick-roll AGDI with their reply?