QFG2 News & Updates: Version 2.0 Released on PC and Mac!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

Re: ** HOLY HINT BOOKS! COURSE 5 HAS APPEARED! **

#526 Post by PotatoSlayer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:12 am

AGDI is an evil corporation that is hoarding the game just to make us suffer. They finished it years ago but never released the game because the take enjoyment in our torment. How many more people must be slighty inconvienced before they stop this atrocity??!!!

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

#527 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:57 am

Assuming there even is a game...

Har. Har.

SSH
Peasant Status

#528 Post by SSH » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:54 am

Well, given that the AGS forums are down and a large number of their fans will be waiting for the announcement there, I doubt the release will happen until the forums are back. Which depends on CJ coming back from the "Mittens" AGS meet in France...

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#529 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:32 am

ThreeHeadedMonkey wrote:Assuming there even is a game...

Har. Har.
There is no spoon.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#530 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:55 am

Why should they wait for a completely separate forum to come up when their main fanbase is obviously on their own forums? What's the point?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#531 Post by Gronagor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:00 am

Agreed.

And what does it matter if the AGS community download the game a month later than the fans who are here?
(That is IF their forums ever returns.) :p

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#532 Post by Alanor. » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:46 am

Asrai wrote:I have the impression that all of this pre-release hype (which I am enjoying!) is in no way stalling the release of the game.
RogerWanko wrote:Erpy's wrote on Aug 03 that he is "no longer touching the code anymore."
I'm curious too about the contact with Vivendi though.....agdi-birds are go?
or did Vivendi rick-roll AGDI with their reply?
So as far as the bugs are concerned, they have been dealt with and put to rest since july. Also Erpy's statement that he is "no longer touching the code anymore" probably means the final release version is ready.
So the only thing we don't know is if Vivendi send their final feedback to AGDI after reviewing the QFG2vga copy they had send them. AGD2, Erpy, any comments on this for the fans please.
SSH wrote:Well, given that the AGS forums are down and a large number of their fans will be waiting for the announcement there, I doubt the release will happen until the forums are back. Which depends on CJ coming back from the "Mittens" AGS meet in France...
If the forums are down, there probably are no fans down there now. And there are still many adventure forums out there including here, where the announcement could be made about the release of QFG2vga. Word and reviews will get around sooner or slightly later unless AGDI is planning to break some day one download records like Firefox 3.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#533 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:03 pm

darkgamorck wrote:That's a better reward than the release of this game itself.
Ahh, so that's the big secret in removing monkeys from one's back. Just toss 'em a bunch of 10+ year old Interaction PR magazines to tide them over! (Am I the only one chuckling at the irony here? :p )
Alanor wrote:AGC2, Erpy, any comments on this for the fans please.
Nope! I'm afraid you'll have to keep trying to feel the Christmas presents before you'll get to open them. ;)

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#534 Post by RogerWanko » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
Nope! I'm afraid you'll have to keep trying to feel the Christmas presents before you'll get to open them. ;)
que?

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

#535 Post by Asrai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Alanor. wrote: So as far as the bugs are concerned, they have been dealt with and put to rest since july. Also Erpy's statement that he is "no longer touching the code anymore" probably means the final release version is ready.
So the only thing we don't know is if Vivendi send their final feedback to AGDI after reviewing the QFG2vga copy they had send them. AGD2, Erpy, any comments on this for the fans please.
There is also the final webpage to be taken into consideration. I think we'd all be a bit less than amused if after all of this waiting, the site crashes when we try to download the game. Plus, this is a very professional release, and I don't think any of the huge game companies would ever release a game without a decent page full of information, visuals, and goodies to back it up at the ready first. I expect no less from AGDI. And, while I don't really know anything about game designing, I doubt that the final step in the production of a game is finishing off the code. *shrug*

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote: Nope! I'm afraid you'll have to keep trying to feel the Christmas presents before you'll get to open them. ;)
*Happily sits under the tree shaking the box.* Whoops... I think I heard an Easter Egg cracking!

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#536 Post by Spanky » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:34 pm

eriqchang wrote:There was just so much cool promotional stuff - so much care put into each game's release back then. I like to think we conjured at least a little bit of that old magic (and then some... there wasn't a YouTube in those days!)
And there were also so many ads for the phone hint line. Funny stuff. Adventure games were so much more challenging back in those days. Now it just takes a few seconds to search the internet and find a complete walkthrough of even the most obscurest of games. And I have no will power anymore. Once I get stuck for more than a few minutes I can't stop myself from checking a walkthrough. I remember playing games for months on end back in the day...
Like the Kyrandia fireberry maze, for instance. Then again, I was younger and dumber back then.

Skunk
Peasant Status

#537 Post by Skunk » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Well younger perhaps Spanky .... ;)

Hey guys will the game run on my system ? 386sx-33 w/cga monitor ? I want at least 4 fps.

Just kidding but I did want to drop by to say to all these hard-working QFG2VGA remake monkeys - take a break, take some time off you deserve it. I can wait. Its not even waiting really its more like the clouds parting to allow the sun to shine. Its not something you expect to happen it just does and when it does its awesome.

Alanor.
Royal Servant Status

#538 Post by Alanor. » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
The game is coming out in or after christmas, but that's far away right now.. almost into 2009. And we were getting excited for nothing. Ok back to work guys :\
Asrai wrote:
Alanor. wrote: So as far as the bugs are concerned, they have been dealt with and put to rest since july. Also Erpy's statement that he is "no longer touching the code anymore" probably means the final release version is ready.
There is also the final webpage to be taken into consideration. I think we'd all be a bit less than amused if after all of this waiting, the site crashes when we try to download the game. Plus, this is a very professional release, and I don't think any of the huge game companies would ever release a game without a decent page full of information, visuals, and goodies to back it up at the ready first. I expect no less from AGDI. And, while I don't really know anything about game designing, I doubt that the final step in the production of a game is finishing off the code. *shrug*
You know I just recently saw a thread in one of the forums asking "Why PC gaming is going down nowadays" and one of the many reasons expressed by a member was due to the long gap between announcement of the game and the release. I wonder what members here would say on that. Maybe AGDI shouldn't really try to be like those huge game companies in case they are.

El Ravager
Knight Status

#539 Post by El Ravager » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm

I don't think that's really a fair analysis. AGDI didn't intend for the production of the game to take this long...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#540 Post by Brainiac » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Spanky wrote:Like the Kyrandia fireberry maze, for instance. Then again, I was younger and dumber back then.
Gah, I hated that thing. Length-lethal mazes annoy me in general, hence my distaste for the desert in KQ5. However, non-lethal mazes like Mordack's "basement" in KQ5 or screen-specific traps with a means to figure out the pattern (like the catacombs of KQ6) I can enjoy.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

#541 Post by JonWW » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Hey Eriq can you update the COLOR-A-HERO art book with new pictures from Lady Pyro?
The kids love them :D

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#542 Post by Gronagor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Alanor. wrote: You know I just recently saw a thread in one of the forums asking "Why PC gaming is going down nowadays" and one of the many reasons expressed by a member was due to the long gap between announcement of the game and the release. I wonder what members here would say on that. Maybe AGDI shouldn't really try to be like those huge game companies in case they are.
Anouncement of being made or anouncement of the release?

Perhaps AGDs should have gone the PlayStation way and went for a 3d-shooter game with a QfG2 theme. They would have released in a week!

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#543 Post by PotatoSlayer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:15 pm

I read an article once

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#544 Post by Gronagor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 pm

PotatoSlayer wrote:I read an article once
Hmmm... yeah. Gotta say I've scanned through one or two myself. But long ago.
Gotta say I can barely remember what it's about... or the point.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

Re: ** Quest for Glory II OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED **

#545 Post by Billetwound » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:19 am

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!! :D

Ikkyu Sojun
Peasant Status

#546 Post by Ikkyu Sojun » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:24 am

:eek

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

THANK YOU! :D :D :D :D :D :D

AoiMasamune
Peasant Status

#547 Post by AoiMasamune » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:35 am

"caress your cutlass" Done
"lick your lockpicks" I only wish...

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#548 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:19 am

Thanks finally can't wait until Sunday.I wonder what time Sunday i live in New Mexico wouldn't it be funny now that people know that it will come out on Sunday and are waiting and it comes out after 11:30 P.M Sunday. eastern time zone.

John

:D

Triston
Peasant Status

#549 Post by Triston » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:22 am

It's pretty surreal knowing that I'll actually get to play QFG2VGA on Sunday, after waiting all this time. Oh I'm so excited! Thank you AGDI. Thank you thank you thank you.

AGP
Royal Servant Status

#550 Post by AGP » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:23 am

Now I can justifiably thank you for all the enormous hard work involved in bringing this most awesome remake to us all. Can't wait for Sunday.