Quest for Glory II : Graduating Class Photo Sharing!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

Re: Quest for Glory II : Graduating Class Photo Sharing!

#101 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:23 pm

I got my certificate back when it was first available, but I just now thought of something to do with it. Yeah, I know someone already did this, but I forgot until I got done... :o
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Colt
Peasant Status

#102 Post by Colt » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:49 am

QuestVR t-shirt photos reminded me that I still have the old original Hero's Quest 1 shirt!
How much do you think it is worth on ebay? ;-)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#103 Post by Brainiac » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Colt wrote:QuestVR t-shirt photos reminded me that I still have the old original Hero's Quest 1 shirt!
How much do you think it is worth on ebay? ;-)
What, you're not going to offer it to us first? How rude! :p

jarod
Peasant Status

Re: Official Quest for Glory II GRADUATING CLASS PHOTO SHARING

#104 Post by jarod » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:28 am

Avoozl wrote:Here is a pic of my Quest for Glory collection.
IMG_0013.JPG
haha classic! I used to have the first edition box for Wages of War & the purple Shadows of Darkness (it was such a weird sized box at the time, being in Australia there hadn't been *any* news about this coming out until I saw it on Christmas Eve, considering the graphics I didn't truly believe it was what it was until after playing - my father said this or the much more expensive stereo, guess what I chose!!!) but I don't know whats happened to those after so many years... do have the QFG1-4 box and QFG5 now. When I was a kid and played the original Hero's Quest and QFG2 my family couldn't afford a PC so I had to spend way to much time at rich friends places (back then a PC cost over $2,000 AUD and even more for the fancy 286 kind!) to play any of the Sierra games and they had the original of those.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#105 Post by Gronagor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:52 am

Hmmm... I think by QfG and QfG2 the 286 was already 'old news'. 386 and 486 were already hot on the market and the coming Pentium was big news. But I get your meaning. :)

haradan
Knight Status

#106 Post by haradan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:18 am

I guess that varies from country to country. I remember I had a 286 when Hero's Quest came out, but most people had 8086 (well, in reality, most people had no computer back then! :p ). Boy, I was so proud that my computer ran at the amazing speed of 12 MHz! :lol

By the times QFG2 came out, 386 was starting to become a standard in offices, but was still too expensive for most home users. That was in Mexico, which I guess was a little behind american or european standards.