Graphic glitch when fighting into evenening

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

BesterP12
Peasant Status

Graphic glitch when fighting into evenening

#1 Post by BesterP12 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:42 pm

I was out in the desert fighting a brigand when all of a sudden the screen became completely nighttime with no transition, then a few seconds later it became bright daytime again. when the battle ended the screen had the expected sunset coloring and then faded to night.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Graphic glitch when fighting into evenening

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Hmmm, if you can produce a savegame where that's replicated consistently, that would be great.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 pm

The savegame should be from just before the fight. Such tinting glitches are near-impossible track down unless we can see them actually occurring in front of us on the screen.

BesterP12
Peasant Status

#4 Post by BesterP12 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Here, I got back into the fight, ran, saved, ran, saved... Accidentally ran into the oasis, loaded...

Load this, then fight for a few seconds and it should happen. I reloaded this save a few times and even downloaded the rar from here and tried again just to be sure. It's reproducible for me every time now. If it helps, I'm running at 960x600 FS with HQ3x on Vista 64

Since this is a remake of a sierra game I save often and in different names so I had one from right before entering the desert.

One change. My running places the sudden shift to night much earlier in the battle. (The Brigand is at almost full health.) After the switch back to daytime, it starts fading into night the way it is supposed to.
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:35 pm

Egads, you're right. Wonder how that snuck in there. Bleh...I always hated these kinds of bugs.