Some bugs I've found

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

deltamatrix
Knight Status

Some bugs I've found

#1 Post by deltamatrix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm playing this great remake now. Good job AGDI. Well worth the wait.

I noticed when I cast a flame dart from a distance while in running mode, it resets to walking mode and I must manually return to running mode. This is inconvienient when you got a terrorsaurus about to make a kebab out of the heros ass.

Also if I save the game in the alley to Aziza's door, the top main bar disables. Sounds like a bug.

Good work AGDI.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Some bugs I've found

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Yep, I confirmed the alley saving bug. Bugger. Thank goodness it's easily undone by pressing any shortcut key like the map, quit or restart button.

I couldn't replicate the flamedart/running issue. Does it happen consistently?

oughtobe
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by oughtobe » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:20 pm

a bug i found... If you haven't gone to the money changer yet, and you get some money, either from killing a brigand or selling the beard, i have 20 dinars, i try to buy the glasses and he says, sorry, all you have is spielburg money, even though i have 20 dinars.... I could buy the map and compass and sand globe, no problem though... I was gonna check out buying other items but I don't have the patience right now...

MacGyver
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by MacGyver » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:43 pm

Shall we have a sticky thread to keep track of all the reproducible bugs?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Actually, we have a thread in the programming forum that'll list those bugs.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:48 pm

Why don't use the Technical and bugs subforum?

deltamatrix
Knight Status

#7 Post by deltamatrix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:05 pm

Yes Erpy. It is consistent so far as I've been playing.

In particular, when a scorpion is chasing the hero, I cast dazzle to freeze him, then cast flame and the hero is no longer running basically meaning the hero is about to become an easy test subject for the scorpions new attack moves.

Perhaps the dazzle spell is causing the walking.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Hmmm, I checked it and dazzle didn't cause walking either. After casting a flame dart, do you right-click to cycle to the walking cursor? (the cursor should look different depending on whether you walk, run or sneak) Or do you use the buttons on the icon bar?

Igor
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Igor » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:33 pm

That`s probably it. If you click on the walk button in order to guide the hero. He starts to *surprise* walk!
Iv`e noticed that as an annoyance while sneaking as well.

Any possibillity of making the WALK icon consistently as RUNNING or SNEAKING icons while the hero is actually walking or sneaking, and changing the walk, sneak and run modes in the special actions submenu?

As an example when the hero is running, the WALK icon could change into a RUN icon. And to change from RUN to WALK you could have a WALK icon (beside the RUN and SNEAK icons)in the Special actions menu.

That would make things easier.

XboxNation
Peasant Status

#10 Post by XboxNation » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:26 am

Two small bugs

I have found the door on the West-South most alleyway facing East (located in the western wall) doesn't have the correct locators defined for it, ex, you 'knock' and hero goes to the door north-east of it on the north-east corner, as he doesn when instructed to knock on that door.

This is nothing major. Using Simplified or else south-western most corner alleyway might be different (on way to Adv Guild)

Also, when Training with Uhura, if you don't side-step it goes into a loop whereby she keeps knocking you over, you can't step, and this repeats indefinitely.

I haven't been able to side-step, but I have this laptop keyboard so that may have something to do with it. I enabled and toggled function and numerical lock and used the conventional arrow keys, no dice.

Thought I'd mention these.

You guys made a hell of a game. I'm proud to find bugs actually, because I just think you are so awesome.

Relight
Archival Expert

#11 Post by Relight » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:32 am

Also, when Training with Uhura, if you don't side-step it goes into a loop whereby she keeps knocking you over, you can't step, and this repeats indefinitely.
LOL, I remember a similar bug. LOL if the fix to the bug I remember caused a new bug. (Erpy, 2008-02-08 #238).

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#12 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:26 am

oughtobe wrote:a bug i found... If you haven't gone to the money changer yet, and you get some money, either from killing a brigand or selling the beard, i have 20 dinars, i try to buy the glasses and he says, sorry, all you have is spielburg money, even though i have 20 dinars.... I could buy the map and compass and sand globe, no problem though... I was gonna check out buying other items but I don't have the patience right now...
Do you have a savegame showing this bug? If so, can you attach it here.