The "Thanks" thread!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

Re: The "Thanks" thread!

#151 Post by Markus Ramikin » Thu May 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Hm, I don't think I visited Harik after the scene with Aziza. Next order of business when I have time, then. :) That does fix the problem more or less.

Popdmb
Peasant Status

#152 Post by Popdmb » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 pm

I'm in awe at the dedication devoted to this remake and the incredible results from those efforts. Thanks for dedicating eight years to this game and its fans.

Chrismarr
Peasant Status

#153 Post by Chrismarr » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:08 am

Thank you guys! There's nothing better than being up at ungodly hours of the night(maybe not having slept yet) wrapped in a blanket with a nice cup of tea and playing this awesome game! You guys are da bomb! :D

Bobski
Peasant Status

#154 Post by Bobski » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Quest for Glory 2 - Reviewed at - http://bobski101.blogspot.com/

Hope you like it! (Better late than never!)

+ Thanks for giving the world such a brilliant remake.

:D

Jynks
Peasant Status

#155 Post by Jynks » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 pm

thank for making such a great remake... i was totally blown away. I've been goign though the quest for glory saga and when i hit three a mate told me about your version... i was skeptical at first... AGS?? narr they couldn't make it as good as the original... but hey.. i was totally wrong.

Thanks for all the MASSIVE amount of effort you put into this I do hobby adventures in ags and wme myself so i know how much work went into this game.

You guys are legend!!

So...

How about a Leather Goddess of Phobos and a Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2: Gas Pump Girls Meet the Pulsating Inconvenience from Planet X update (tee hee)

Again.. you guys rock....

Jack of All Trades
Peasant Status

#156 Post by Jack of All Trades » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:37 pm

Thank you so much for this remake. It's all kinds of fun. I hope it continues to bring new blood to the series.

DonQuixote
Royal Servant Status

#157 Post by DonQuixote » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:58 am

It's a little late, but since this seems the place to say so--I appreciate all the work that has been done on this game very much and since I've been able to play it recently, I have enjoyed it immensely. This game has not failed at all in keeping with the original version. Even the minor additions which have been placed into the game feel as though they either were there the whole time or that they should have been there. The new artwork, the additional jokes, the more advanced combat system, the additional inventory items, the alleys... everything. I still feel like I'm playing something made by the Coles. Thanks much guys, this is an amazing piece and something I've often felt was lacking every since QG1 had a VGA upgrade with mouse interface. Can't wait to see what comes next.

avoozl snot
Royal Servant Status

#158 Post by avoozl snot » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 am

i finally got to play as the fighter the last week (it took me 6 months to play as the mage and thief as a beta tester!). i love it. the fighter was always the weakest character, in my opinion, in the first and second games, for not having nearly enough special stuff to do.. not so with your remake. the new combat system is a really fun improvement, even more so than it is for the mage and thief. i enjoyed how much the enemies 'learned' to keep up with my skills and techniques as the game progressed.

no bugs at all this time, and you better believe i looked.

thank you guys again, so very much.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#159 Post by Erpy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 am

Heh, I still can't believe you found so many bugs without even having to play all three classes. :)

Rakeesh
Peasant Status

#160 Post by Rakeesh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 am

So, twelve years after the first time I played Quest for Glory I at a friend's house I was feeling nostalgic. The last time I'd attempted to beat Quest for Glory Anthology + Quest for Glory 5 in a single run-through was somewhere around 2001 and a series of glitches throughout the game prohibited me from doing so.
In honesty, I'd never managed to pull the feat off. But this time I was optimistic. Installing the games, I decided to check online to find if there were patches for the game that Sierra ever released. Imagine my surprise when not only was I directed to numerous patches, but a VGA remake of the only Quest for Glory title that never got the update! I quickly patched all the games up, installed the updated Trial by Fire and got started. For such a monumental occasion, I decided on my old favorite- the Paladin.
Quest for Glory I was every bit as fun as I remembered. I was amazed to find that I beat the game with a perfect score without needing to consult any guide, even though it'd almost been a full decade since I played it last. Then I went on to Quest for Glory 2.
I was amazed by the work you all did. The music, the animation, the style, it was all so authentic, I'd completely forgotten I wasn't playing a Sierra-made title. Every single thing from the original I loved was in the title, and the simplified Shapeir streets? Genius. The combat system was intuitive, and with Rakeesh and Uhura giving pointers, I mastered it in no time. By the end of the game I was so pumped up, I breezed through the lull that was Quest for Glory 3 into the joy of Quest for Glory 4 and ultimately beating the series for the first time in the completion of Quest for Glory 5.
Having finally attained a twelve year goal of mine, I decided I simply had to come here and thank everyone that worked on the remake of Quest for Glory 2. It was a perfect addition to the experience and will stay with me as a cherished memory.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#161 Post by Erpy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks for the praise. It's really good to hear that so long after the release, new people still stumble across this site. :)

Limburglar
Peasant Status

#162 Post by Limburglar » Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 am

Everyone on the QFG2 Remake team did a great job! The game is a classic, and your efforts are appreciated.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#163 Post by DrJones » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:09 am

I'm playing again this game because I missed so many things on my first run. Also, because now I have a wizard from QFG1 that wants to pass all the games in a row. :lol

I want to thanks the AGDI team a lot because this game is really awesome. Every time I try to be clever with something (like casting the open spell while the fire elemental is on the plaza), I get rewarded with special messages like "you don't want to leave the door opened too much time with the fire elemental around, better wait until you are closer", or find easter eggs that makes the exploration much funnier. It's the same feeling I got playing nethack, where almost everything you try seems to have been anticipated by the coders. The team has spent far more time than what a developer would find reasonable to get every tiny detail right, and because they cannot get that time back, I think the only thing I can say is "Thank you. I appreciate it immensely. You really gave me an unique experience with this game, and I hope the rest of people that enjoyed this game spends a tiny fraction of the time I've spent playing it, because otherwise they will miss all the good things it has to offer, the ones that make it so wonderful and that only are waiting for someone to take the time to discover."

The description and details are so good, it makes the original games feel pale in comparison. Now I hate clicking on everything in QFG1 and get one-line descriptions if I'm lucky. :cry

Ajanhuiri
Peasant Status

#164 Post by Ajanhuiri » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:52 am

I left a comment on Big Blue Cup, but suffice is to say this is an amazing piece of work. Thank you ever so much. I am incredibly excited to play this because I had pretty much abandoned the pursuit following the first character importation problem (with QFGII) in 1992/1993. I played the game from scratch but pretty much forgot it after that. As a sixteen year-old I was really bothered that I lost my character.

I'm more tenacious now, and excited to have a rematch. You guys rock.

Puppy
Peasant Status

#165 Post by Puppy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:37 am

I'd just like to say thanks to the team for this game! I'm beginning to play it and i'm very enthusiastic.
I'm an old fan of the quest for glory saga! Id' like a lot even to see an vga 2d remake of Qfg5! Thank you again!

spacecadet
Peasant Status

#166 Post by spacecadet » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Just completed a runthrough for the first time in years and had to say thanks again for a masterful and insanely fun remake!
I played a fighter turned pallie at the end, 547 puzzle points, just shy of the perfect score, though the cheat mode wouldn't have been unlocked since I played intuitively and forgot about the mode's titular item till I already had the bellowful of hot air.
Also wussed out on the Cheesehead Challenge... AGAIN. Travelled all the way out to meet him, but after many nervewracking attempts, had enough of this exercise in frustration and settled for tricking him instead. Let his cheesy entrails rot in the desert sun for all eternity travelling westward in the unending expanse.
But other than that, great fun... kudos on an amazing game.

OhMan
Peasant Status

#167 Post by OhMan » Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 am

Just finished my playthrough as a Thief imported from my 500/500 VGA So You Want To Be a Hero. Maxed almost all stats except the boring ones (throwing, climbing, stealth, luck & honor), defeated Sweeping Sir James + Pizza Elemental, got all the interior decorations, did all the thief missions inc the new thief one (awesome), and got 500/500, unlocking the bluefrog debug mode and battle mode.

Now I'm combing over it again to try and get all the Easter Eggs, I think I may make a Youtube video for it.
What I got so far:
-Jet flying over in desert
-Golfer in desert
-Mirage of Prince Arthur from Quest for Camelot
-Levitating Shark in alleyway (didn't get to examine it, DAMN - no idea what that thing was)
-Arabian dude jumping across rooftops in alleyway
-Saurus Repair Shop (love you guys!!)
-drowning man in waterfall in Forbidden City
-Quest for Glory Gamebox interior decorating item
-blue frog and typing suck blue frog twice in the parser
-throwing something at Julanar
-Pizza Elemental (giving it to different people)
-Sweeping Sir James
-Khaveen Wilhelm scream

Can't thank you guys enough for all the dedication and hard-work you put into getting this game out. You stayed true to the original while adding a slue of new features, truly you are master game-designers!

syphyre
Peasant Status

#168 Post by syphyre » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:41 pm

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to you for re-making this game. It has been a blast to play through it once more. (Fighter path here!) Thank you :)

The graphics and sound updates are fantastic, the combat is amazing, and the added easter eggs are just great. My hat is off to AGD and everyone who helped with this project.

Me and two companionaroes on the Penny Arcade forums are playing through all five games making a (very extensive) QFG Let's Play with three classes (poor fighter gets left out after 2.) We're almost done with game two, and it wouldn't have been near as fun with the older version, so thanks again!

So thank you again for the game, and for giving us super enjoyment :D

tristran
Peasant Status

#169 Post by tristran » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:39 am

just wanted to chime in and give my thanks for doing this remake. A big resounding THANK YOU!

this game brings back memories of childhood spent on countless hours clicking with random bouts of frustration in between.

never thought I'd be revisiting a game again after almost 20 years. cheers!

Jaroch
Peasant Status

#170 Post by Jaroch » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 am

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone involved in the Quest for Glory II remake. It is a wonderful job, and I appreciate it very, very much.

skanecmt
Peasant Status

#171 Post by skanecmt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:08 pm

I wanted to add my thanks. The Quest for Glory series is one of my all time favorite games. But the sad thing is... I've never finished it! I've gotten as far as the first half Quest for Glory 3. Just this week, I've managed to get 1 through 4 loaded onto my computer. I also managed to make them playable (thanks to DOSBox), which wasn't easy for someone as computer stupid as me. This process lead me to this wonderful game! I played all the way through in one day and now I've imported a character from QfG 1 to try it again the right way.

Thank you for all your hard work. The game is beautiful and everything I've ever dreamed. I hope to finish QfG 4 with an imported character and finally find out what happens at the end! ;)

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

#172 Post by Markus Ramikin » Sun May 13, 2012 8:35 pm

I got an urge to play through the QFG series again, and saw you guys released 2.0. And now that I finished it, I notice you did fix the midnight tea bug. That makes my paladin-in-training happy.

Let that be an excuse for posting praise a second time:

Thank you for your awesome work. I'm still impressed by what you've accomplished. This is now my almost-favorite QFG game, only slightly behind QFG IV. And given how much I love IV as well as I and V, that's no small praise from me.

bokkers
Peasant Status

#173 Post by bokkers » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:04 am

I'd like to add a big Thank you! as well. Currently playing the game as magic user (wizard even...) as part of my personal quest for retro-glory, playing through all five QFGs in a row this winter! I only played QFG 1 and 5 when they were originally released, no idea why I never tried the other parts before, too many other great games got me side-tracked...

Anyway, already now (at around 100 points) I'm totally blown away by your remake! The graphics are beautiful and the music is especially captivating. The sunsets and nights in the desert have an awesome atmosphere. Totally love the new fighting system as well. It's absolutely spot on for my taste!

Can't wait to progress further, that's why I end my praise here and return to Shapeir and surroundings...

Thanks for making this!

Emily of Spielburg
Peasant Status

#174 Post by Emily of Spielburg » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:59 am

Thank you to the wonderful team who created the remake of QFG2 (especially my old friend from the original Sierra board Erpy)! This has always been my favorite game out of the whole series and it was so nostalgic replaying the game. At times, it felt like I wasn't even playing a remake because it had such a classic QFG vibe to it. It seamlessly blended a lot of the wonderful elements of QFG3 while still maintaining a lot of the things that made the original so special. I also loved the added elements to the game that did not exist in the old games, additional break-in house, evening tea with Shema and Shameen, magic games. One of my favorite aspects of the games has always been the story-telling and dialogue part of the game and the remake definitely brought the game more to life. I feel like my hero definitely had more interaction with other characters in the remake. It also had a lot of good replay value, I played it three times, once with each character class. I have always favored importing my previous hybrid hero/paladin into the game and it was fun playing the game as a pure character class. You could really tell all the care and attention to detail that the team brought to remaking QFG2 and I feel like it couldn't have been done any better. Kudos for bringing back such a wonderful memories of my younger years!!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#175 Post by Vildern » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:07 am

Thank you for making this gem of a game. Thank you for eight years of work, for your dedication, for your passion. Aww, this game is a joy ride from start to finish, I can only gush over how pretty it looks, how fun it is, how addictive the combat can be. And I can't believe it's free.

Simply can't wait for Mage's initiation.