Ports to other systems

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

icurafu
Peasant Status

Ports to other systems

#1 Post by icurafu » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:53 am

Hello. I'm aware of the newly created mac thread.

I'd like to know if you would support linux, or in particular, the soon to be released Pandora console.

I undertstand that Direct2D is used currently. how difficult would it be to code the 2D drawing libs onto SDL? The CPU is also ARM, so if you have any specific x86 code, it makes it more difficult to port.

The Pandora console supports OpenGL ES 2.0, but this should be transparent to the user. Most importantly, the Pandora is a console aimed at the retro audiance with ScummVM soon to be ported.

http://www.openpandora.org/

Are the AGDI team interested in porting their adventure game engine to the the Pandora console? I don't think there is too much money to be made for the commericial products. There will only be 3000 made in the first batch with little hope of a 2nd batch being produced this year.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Ports to other systems

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:09 am

We're not really in charge of the engine. Chris Jones at www.bigbluecup.com is the sole designer and owner of AGS. Any porting questions should be adressed to him. (though I think he won't be too interested, seeing that he's always working at improving AGS)

xKiv
Peasant Status

#3 Post by xKiv » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 am

I haven't really played yet, but it seems to work under wine 1.1.0 (on linux-x86).
Mostly. At the beginning, I get a video playing error, missing idirectdrawmediastream interface. But it starts, lets me make a hero, talk to Abdulla, go out ...
And isn't devilishly slow.

icurafu
Peasant Status

#4 Post by icurafu » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:32 am

Thanks for the responce. Makes sense. I'll shoot him an email.

Pandora uses x86-arm btw, so no wine.