Pure Keyboard Controls?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

sparkletone
Peasant Status

Pure Keyboard Controls?

#1 Post by sparkletone » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 am

Before I ask for the pony I want for my birthday: I've been enjoying the remake all day! I still play through the original once or twice a year (since it takes so little time once you know what to do), and love the game, warts and all, to bits.

In fact, I've played it so many times that, even though I've played QFG games that use Sierra's point and click system, I find it jarring to play the majority of the game with the mouse. I'm adjusting, but I still sometimes find myself wishing I could just type the command I know would probably be right rather than having to intuit through a whole new control scheme.

Is there any hope of this getting added in the near (or distant) future? There's already a parser system for dialogue, and you can map the combat controls however you'd like, but seems like it might be kind of a lot of work to let you use the parser while you're just wandering around. But maybe not!

Either way, this is some good stuff.

adeyke

Re: Pure Keyboard Controls?

#2 Post by adeyke » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:26 am

It would be an enormous effort to add in a text command parser, and it's something only a very small minority of players would actually use. So no, it's not going to be implemented.

sparkletone
Peasant Status

Re: Pure Keyboard Controls?

#3 Post by sparkletone » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:52 am

adeyke wrote:It would be an enormous effort to add in a text command parser, and it's something only a very small minority of players would actually use. So no, it's not going to be implemented.
Kinda what I figured. Text parsing doesn't seem like it'd be easy, especially after all that work was done making a nice point and click interface!