A few questions about stats and what they do

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Zachski
Peasant Status

A few questions about stats and what they do

#1 Post by Zachski » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Do Intelligence and Magic have any affect on your spells other than Magic contributing 2/3 of your MP and Intelligence contributing 1/3 of your MP? I heard from somewhere once that one of them (can't remember which) was supposed to make your spells stronger, but I always thought that spell strength relied solely on your spell skill. Am I wrong?

Also, there's a question of curiosity. Does a dagger-user with a 200 Zap spell, a zapped dagger, and 200 Weapon Use outdamage a Fighter with 200 Weapon Use?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: A few questions about stats and what they do

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Intelligence also governs the hitrate of your spells in battle. (kinda like magical weapon use) Damage is only determined by spell skill.

Weapon use only determines attack accuracy, btw, not damage. And yeah, a magic user with 200 zap skill definitely does more damage with an attack than the fighter. Of course, at that point the zap spell wears off and in order to do good damage again, you must spend a second or two like a sitting duck casting it.

Zachski
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Zachski » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Erpy wrote:Intelligence also governs the hitrate of your spells in battle. (kinda like magical weapon use) Damage is only determined by spell skill.

Weapon use only determines attack accuracy, btw, not damage. And yeah, a magic user with 200 zap skill definitely does more damage with an attack than the fighter. Of course, at that point the zap spell wears off and in order to do good damage again, you must spend a second or two like a sitting duck casting it.

Hitrate? Accuracy?

So, with higher accuracy, the opponent has less of a chance to dodge the attack?

Interesting.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Yes. High hitrate/accuracy means the opponent will spend less time blocking/dodging your attacks. There are many stats that play a role in determining hitrate, but weapon use is the most prominent among them.

Zachski
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Zachski » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Erpy wrote:Yes. High hitrate/accuracy means the opponent will spend less time blocking/dodging your attacks. There are many stats that play a role in determining hitrate, but weapon use is the most prominent among them.

Okay, so let me see if I get this right then...

Strength: Plays a role in your hit points and determines how hard you hit.
Agility: Plays a role in your stamina points and plays a role in the success rate of your dodging? As well as determines Ego's innate balance.
Vitality: Plays the most major role in health and stamina points
Intelligence: Plays a role in magic points and also determines spell accuracy
Luck: The random dice roll in everything you do
Magic: Mostly determines how much magic you have in addition to the fact that having it lets you have magic in the first place.

Weapon Use: Determines how accurate your attacks are, as well as the weapon skills you can do.
Parry: Determines the success rate of your parrying
Dodge: Most major factor in the success rate of your dodging?
Throwing: Determines how accurate your throwing is, as well as how much damage it does?

Have I got all of those right?