Post-Rasier Combat Question ***Spoiler***

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

CGG
Royal Servant Status

Post-Rasier Combat Question ***Spoiler***

#1 Post by CGG » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Yay! I no longer have a cowardly saurus! That is AWESOME!!

What to the indicates on the lower left mean after you've been thrown off though?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Post-Rasier Combat Question ***Spoiler***

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:47 pm

I really though this would have been one of the FIRST new features to be found. It took over a day before someone even noticed it.:rollin I guess most players really don't venture out into the desert in the Raseir portion of the game!

The bars at the bottom are a meter. Once all the heads turn green you can remount by pressing the remount key. Note that you have to be standing on the same row where you got knocked off.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by pikaporeon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Wasnt fighting on a saurus featured on the original QG2 box art? I can't remember and don't have the box any more.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by CGG » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:I really though this would have been one of the FIRST new features to be found. It took over a day before someone even noticed it.:rollin I guess most players really don't venture out into the desert in the Raseir portion of the game!

The bars at the bottom are a meter. Once all the heads turn green you can remount by pressing the remount key. Note that you have to be standing on the same row where you got knocked off.
Thanks - I was thinking it was about remounting - but when it didn't work I was confused (of course, I was not on the same row, so that explains it)!

I love what you guys have done with the game. Last night i was thinking i would just steam roll through the ending as I have done many times before. But iblis still got out several times before i won! (I still had to lower the skill level for the khaveen fight)

Not only did you guys make an old game new again - you made it challenging for people like me who have been fans since I was 10.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 pm

I also just found this and holy cow that looks like a lot of work for something people might miss. Because I read in another thread that you lose all your money in Raseir I spent it all on potions and subsequently didn't have enough to brie Ugarte with so I went out to the desert yo fight some brigands for it and was so shocked I think I peed myself a little bit.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Spanky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:32 pm

I forgot that you lose all your money and lost about 200 dinars. I had no potions and only one dagger as well.
Whoops :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:53 pm

I also just found this and holy cow that looks like a lot of work for something people might miss.
If I only worked on stuff people were guaranteed to find (particularly if they rush through), this game would have been released a year ago already.

techie775
Knight Status

#8 Post by techie775 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 pm

I remember asking that same question on this forum like 2 years ago about why your second saurus runs away in the original and I got response about all the coding that would have had to be done. I'm no where near the rasier yet but that was one thing I was definitely going to try before see what you did with it and now I have it to look forward too. Seems like there's alot of little extra goodies in this one...

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:34 pm

I'll tell ya - the saurus makes quick work of enemies. He rocks.

Bt