Crash with Aziza

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

CDA_91
Peasant Status

Crash with Aziza

#1 Post by CDA_91 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:24 pm

As Aziza sits down the game crashes and the AGS error message is as follows:

An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.72.920)

in room 80 script (line 1164)

Error: playambientsound: volume must be 1 to 255

Fingers crossed this doesn't render the game unplayable later on :S

**EDIT**
Seems to be cured by altering the sound & music volume, I had been playing at full sound with no music, changed that and it worked as normal ^^

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Crash with Aziza

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Damn, looks like it's a variable that was out of range. I put in a couple of lines to fix that. Luckily, it doesn't seem too frequent.

Out of curiosity, where were your music and sound sliders set (in the options menu), can you post a screenshot (or tell me) where they were prior to the crash? Were either of them at the very top or very bottom of the bar?

Anyway, if it happens every time you enter Aziza's house, try tweaking the music volume slider a little so that the position is somewhere in the middle (not at either extreme) before you enter.

The Dirt
Peasant Status

Re: Crash with Aziza

#3 Post by The Dirt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:08 pm

I should also mention that if I answer any of the door questions wrong, the UI bar at the top of the screen is no longer accessible. Saving and loading with the F key retains that as well. It's not a total loss, since you can talk to Aziza again and the bar will return.