It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 113
I can't get him to stop playing QFG2VGA, I had to upgrade his computer, he told me I didn't have to buy him new books or records for a week, but I don't mind because he seems to really be happy... thanks again..

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 34
Hopefully he will still eat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:06 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 113
oxygen1234 wrote:
Hopefully he will still eat.


oh he'll forget for sure.... I have to call him and even then sometimes he won't get up to answer the phone... If I call him and pat him on the back a couple times, he'll remember that he's starving and go eat something and feed his dog, gus.... I think Gus even likes it, because usually he doesn't like going into the computer room, I think he gets jealous because Jay ignores him when he's in there, but when he's playing QFG2VGA he likes to sit and watch...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:51 pm 
Offline
The Prince of Shapeir

Joined: Tue May 08, 2001 4:12 am
Posts: 8872
Location: Phobos
You should tell him to buy a copy of Al Emmo and get a free QFG2VGA poster too!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 pm 
Offline
Royal Vizier Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:37 am
Posts: 2298
Location: Central New York
And to stop using Bittorrent to illegally download stuff!

Bt

_________________
You've got to be crazy; you gotta have a real need.  You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street, you got to be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 113
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
You should tell him to buy a copy of Al Emmo and get a free QFG2VGA poster too!


He keeps bugging me to.... How much is the total? do you have a paypal email he can just send the money to? He doesn't like filling out forms and dealing with a bunch of stuff, he has a confirmed address in his paypal account and would like to know the total and your email so he can just send the payment, should i let him know it's cool?

Btw, has anybody played the game so long your little guy changes clothes? I didn't know he did that.... now he's wearing red pants and a white shirt... it's kinda cool.... that game was SOOO ahead of its time....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:22 am 
Offline
Trusty Riding Saurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:02 pm
Posts: 1100
oughtobe wrote:
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
You should tell him to buy a copy of Al Emmo and get a free QFG2VGA poster too!


He keeps bugging me to.... How much is the total? do you have a paypal email he can just send the money to? He doesn't like filling out forms and dealing with a bunch of stuff, he has a confirmed address in his paypal account and would like to know the total and your email so he can just send the payment, should i let him know it's cool?

Btw, has anybody played the game so long your little guy changes clothes? I didn't know he did that.... now he's wearing red pants and a white shirt... it's kinda cool.... that game was SOOO ahead of its time....
I got mine crazy and all he did was brushing his teeth like 20 times in a row, then going to bed, then repeat the procedure. :rollin

_________________
The moat monsters appreciate your good taste.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 113
DrJones wrote:
oughtobe wrote:
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
You should tell him to buy a copy of Al Emmo and get a free QFG2VGA poster too!


He keeps bugging me to.... How much is the total? do you have a paypal email he can just send the money to? He doesn't like filling out forms and dealing with a bunch of stuff, he has a confirmed address in his paypal account and would like to know the total and your email so he can just send the payment, should i let him know it's cool?

Btw, has anybody played the game so long your little guy changes clothes? I didn't know he did that.... now he's wearing red pants and a white shirt... it's kinda cool.... that game was SOOO ahead of its time....
I got mine crazy and all he did was brushing his teeth like 20 times in a row, then going to bed, then repeat the procedure. :rollin


why did he do that? did he turn green and then start to act like that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 113
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
You should tell him to buy a copy of Al Emmo and get a free QFG2VGA poster too!


nevermind, its an easy checkout, when's the last day I can purchase it to get the poster? will next monday be too late?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 am 
Offline
The Prince of Shapeir

Joined: Tue May 08, 2001 4:12 am
Posts: 8872
Location: Phobos
Well, I must say that this is a sudden turn of events! Yes, there are still enough posters remaining, but if you do plan to order a copy, then we'll make sure you'll be guaranteed a poster (as well as some redemption and a warm tingly feeling inside!) ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:06 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 113
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
Well, I must say that this is a sudden turn of events! Yes, there are still enough posters remaining, but if you do plan to order a copy, then we'll make sure you'll be guaranteed a poster (as well as some redemption and a warm tingly feeling inside!) ;)


To tell you the truth, I kinda overestimated you guys, I've always wanted to buy AL Emmo just to support you guys, but I personally thought you guys were gonna release the qfg2 at the beginning of this year and announce an original QFG style game that you were going to release soon commercially, So i was going to redeem myself by purchasing that... But I guess that wouldn't be a total redemption, because even if I bought a new game, I really should buy Al Emmo to support you guys as much as I can...

So for sure on monday, if I order a copy, I will get the poster as well? When you guys said limited it felt like you meant there was only 20 copies or something extreme... hopefully you guys made at least 100....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:28 am 
Offline
The Prince of Shapeir

Joined: Tue May 08, 2001 4:12 am
Posts: 8872
Location: Phobos
Well, there aren't a whole heap of the posters left. They are quite expensive to print (particularly for something being given away as a freebie) so the numbers had to be limited. But this also increases their value as a rare collector's item. Originally, a small number of them were only going to be offered as prizes, but I believe Eriq had to get a certain amount printed in order to meet the requirements for a minimum print run, which left us with quite a few extras.

Rather than just having a bunch of cool QFG2 posters laying around and gathering dust, we thought that they really should be in the hands of fans. So we decided to use the extra posters for PR purposes. Giving them away with copies of Al Emmo was an ideal distribution solution as it wouldn't leave us even further out of pocket shipping-wise. It also offered people a way to support our games legally since we can't accept donations for the remakes, and it gives fans something flashy to cover the stains on their wall (and admire) too!

So, yes, poster numbers are dwindling and there aren't a whole lot remaining. But because you've asked, we can reserve one for you. When you place your order, just write a note with your forum username (so we know it's you) and it'll be sent out fo' shizzle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:12 am 
Offline
Royal Servant Status
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Posts: 113
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
Well, there aren't a whole heap of the posters left. They are quite expensive to print (particularly for something being given away as a freebie) so the numbers had to be limited. But this also increases their value as a rare collector's item. Originally, a small number of them were only going to be offered as prizes, but I believe Eriq had to get a certain amount printed in order to meet the requirements for a minimum print run, which left us with quite a few extras.

Rather than just having a bunch of cool QFG2 posters laying around and gathering dust, we thought that they really should be in the hands of fans. So we decided to use the extra posters for PR purposes. Giving them away with copies of Al Emmo was an ideal distribution solution as it wouldn't leave us even further out of pocket shipping-wise. It also offered people a way to support our games legally since we can't accept donations for the remakes, and it gives fans something flashy to cover the stains on their wall (and admire) too!

So, yes, poster numbers are dwindling and there aren't a whole lot remaining. But because you've asked, we can reserve one for you. When you place your order, just write a note with your forum username (so we know it's you) and it'll be sent out fo' shizzle.


THANKS! sounds great, Jay say's thank you too... I gotta let him beat the game first though, and I'm not allowed to help him... He says I always end up beating the game in a couple hours and it pisses him off....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:26 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:26 am
Posts: 28
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
So, yes, poster numbers are dwindling and there aren't a whole lot remaining. But because you've asked, we can reserve one for you.


Hm...I'd better start shopping x-mas gifts now, I think. Just to make sure I get the poster: As long as the Himalaya web-page shows the special poster promotion, I will get it automatically with my order? Or do I have to ask you to make a special reservation like "oughtobe" ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:52 pm 
Offline
The Prince of Shapeir

Joined: Tue May 08, 2001 4:12 am
Posts: 8872
Location: Phobos
There's still some posters left, so ordering now will get you one, yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm 
Offline
Royal Servant Status

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:28 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Canadia
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
There's still some posters left, so ordering now will get you one, yes.

-places an
-just placed an order-

Sweet : )

_________________
guest (~SportsCar@166.111.6.93) has joined #lgl
* guest ´ó½Ð£º¾ÈÃü°¡£¡ ¾ÈÃü°¡£¡
<khalek> you seem to be a little mixed up
<khalek> this is not #perl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:14 am 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:26 am
Posts: 28
Just ordered a copy of the collector's edition. I have already the game (standard edition), so that will be a nice Christmas gift for someone. But I think I'll keep the poster for myself ;)

Hope a lot of people order the game: It is a nice way to show apreciation for all the work the AGDI-team put into making the remake of QFG2. And you really should play Al Emmo if you haven't yet, I found it very entertaining. Come on folks, place your orders!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group