It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:00 pm 
Royal Servant Status

I can't get him to stop playing QFG2VGA, I had to upgrade his computer, he told me I didn't have to buy him new books or records for a week, but I don't mind because he seems to really be happy... thanks again..

Post subject: Re: My Little computer person, Jay, wanted to thank AGDI
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 pm 
Peasant Status

Hopefully he will still eat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:06 pm 
Royal Servant Status

oxygen1234 wrote:
Hopefully he will still eat.

oh he'll forget for sure.... I have to call him and even then sometimes he won't get up to answer the phone... If I call him and pat him on the back a couple times, he'll remember that he's starving and go eat something and feed his dog, gus.... I think Gus even likes it, because usually he doesn't like going into the computer room, I think he gets jealous because Jay ignores him when he's in there, but when he's playing QFG2VGA he likes to sit and watch...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:51 pm 
The Prince of Shapeir

You should tell him to buy a copy of Al Emmo and get a free QFG2VGA poster too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

And to stop using Bittorrent to illegally download stuff!

Bt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 pm 
Royal Servant Status

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:

He keeps bugging me to.... How much is the total? do you have a paypal email he can just send the money to? He doesn't like filling out forms and dealing with a bunch of stuff, he has a confirmed address in his paypal account and would like to know the total and your email so he can just send the payment, should i let him know it's cool?

Btw, has anybody played the game so long your little guy changes clothes? I didn't know he did that.... now he's wearing red pants and a white shirt... it's kinda cool.... that game was SOOO ahead of its time....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:22 am 
Trusty Riding Saurus

oughtobe wrote:

He keeps bugging me to.... How much is the total? do you have a paypal email he can just send the money to? He doesn't like filling out forms and dealing with a bunch of stuff, he has a confirmed address in his paypal account and would like to know the total and your email so he can just send the payment, should i let him know it's cool?

Btw, has anybody played the game so long your little guy changes clothes? I didn't know he did that.... now he's wearing red pants and a white shirt... it's kinda cool.... that game was SOOO ahead of its time....
I got mine crazy and all he did was brushing his teeth like 20 times in a row, then going to bed, then repeat the procedure. :rollin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 am 
Royal Servant Status

DrJones wrote:
oughtobe wrote:

I got mine crazy and all he did was brushing his teeth like 20 times in a row, then going to bed, then repeat the procedure. :rollin

why did he do that? did he turn green and then start to act like that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:36 am 
Royal Servant Status

nevermind, its an easy checkout, when's the last day I can purchase it to get the poster? will next monday be too late?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 am 
The Prince of Shapeir

Well, I must say that this is a sudden turn of events! Yes, there are still enough posters remaining, but if you do plan to order a copy, then we'll make sure you'll be guaranteed a poster (as well as some redemption and a warm tingly feeling inside!) ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:06 am 
Royal Servant Status

Well, I must say that this is a sudden turn of events! Yes, there are still enough posters remaining, but if you do plan to order a copy, then we'll make sure you'll be guaranteed a poster (as well as some redemption and a warm tingly feeling inside!) ;)

To tell you the truth, I kinda overestimated you guys, I've always wanted to buy AL Emmo just to support you guys, but I personally thought you guys were gonna release the qfg2 at the beginning of this year and announce an original QFG style game that you were going to release soon commercially, So i was going to redeem myself by purchasing that... But I guess that wouldn't be a total redemption, because even if I bought a new game, I really should buy Al Emmo to support you guys as much as I can...

So for sure on monday, if I order a copy, I will get the poster as well? When you guys said limited it felt like you meant there was only 20 copies or something extreme... hopefully you guys made at least 100....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:28 am 
The Prince of Shapeir

Well, there aren't a whole heap of the posters left. They are quite expensive to print (particularly for something being given away as a freebie) so the numbers had to be limited. But this also increases their value as a rare collector's item. Originally, a small number of them were only going to be offered as prizes, but I believe Eriq had to get a certain amount printed in order to meet the requirements for a minimum print run, which left us with quite a few extras.

Rather than just having a bunch of cool QFG2 posters laying around and gathering dust, we thought that they really should be in the hands of fans. So we decided to use the extra posters for PR purposes. Giving them away with copies of Al Emmo was an ideal distribution solution as it wouldn't leave us even further out of pocket shipping-wise. It also offered people a way to support our games legally since we can't accept donations for the remakes, and it gives fans something flashy to cover the stains on their wall (and admire) too!

So, yes, poster numbers are dwindling and there aren't a whole lot remaining. But because you've asked, we can reserve one for you. When you place your order, just write a note with your forum username (so we know it's you) and it'll be sent out fo' shizzle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:12 am 
Royal Servant Status

Well, there aren't a whole heap of the posters left. They are quite expensive to print (particularly for something being given away as a freebie) so the numbers had to be limited. But this also increases their value as a rare collector's item. Originally, a small number of them were only going to be offered as prizes, but I believe Eriq had to get a certain amount printed in order to meet the requirements for a minimum print run, which left us with quite a few extras.

Rather than just having a bunch of cool QFG2 posters laying around and gathering dust, we thought that they really should be in the hands of fans. So we decided to use the extra posters for PR purposes. Giving them away with copies of Al Emmo was an ideal distribution solution as it wouldn't leave us even further out of pocket shipping-wise. It also offered people a way to support our games legally since we can't accept donations for the remakes, and it gives fans something flashy to cover the stains on their wall (and admire) too!

So, yes, poster numbers are dwindling and there aren't a whole lot remaining. But because you've asked, we can reserve one for you. When you place your order, just write a note with your forum username (so we know it's you) and it'll be sent out fo' shizzle.

THANKS! sounds great, Jay say's thank you too... I gotta let him beat the game first though, and I'm not allowed to help him... He says I always end up beating the game in a couple hours and it pisses him off....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:26 pm 
Peasant Status

So, yes, poster numbers are dwindling and there aren't a whole lot remaining. But because you've asked, we can reserve one for you.

Hm...I'd better start shopping x-mas gifts now, I think. Just to make sure I get the poster: As long as the Himalaya web-page shows the special poster promotion, I will get it automatically with my order? Or do I have to ask you to make a special reservation like "oughtobe" ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:52 pm 
The Prince of Shapeir

There's still some posters left, so ordering now will get you one, yes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:20 pm 
Royal Servant Status

There's still some posters left, so ordering now will get you one, yes.

-places an
-just placed an order-

Sweet : )

<khalek> this is not #perl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:14 am 
Peasant Status

Just ordered a copy of the collector's edition. I have already the game (standard edition), so that will be a nice Christmas gift for someone. But I think I'll keep the poster for myself ;)

Hope a lot of people order the game: It is a nice way to show apreciation for all the work the AGDI-team put into making the remake of QFG2. And you really should play Al Emmo if you haven't yet, I found it very entertaining. Come on folks, place your orders!