Help using copilot in combat

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

Help using copilot in combat

#1 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:35 am

I am trying to figure out what does the copilot actually do in combat. I have copilot enabled moved the sliders to either left or right all the way.And when clicking on 1x slash sometimes goes to 2x and sometimes not .And i have read the manual but still not sure.

John

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: Help using copilot in combat

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:37 am

not a hundred percent sure but I just put it all the way to defense and sometimes the game would block or dodge automatically. I just left it like that the entire game.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:35 am

It helps you with either attacking or defending. (but not both at the same time)

If you put it on attacking and the attack-slider on swing, it'll help you do multiple swings in a row, according to the "2x swing"-button. If you put it on attacking and the attack-slider on counter, it'll often automatically counterattack if you block or duck an attack.

If you put it on defending, you can mess with the various defense sliders to determine what kind of defense will be used. (blocking, sidestepping, jumping back/jumping up/ducking.

Only the fighter has a real advantage to setting it on attacking, btw.

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Asrai » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 am

Can the copilot function as an autopilot?

After my initial expolorations, I've held off on playing the game further because I'm working on a laptop with a condensed keyboard. (No easy access number pad.) I really want to get the most out of this new combat system, so I want to take the time to figure out how the combat works to reassign the optimal keys for battle. But since I'm a total lunk head when it come to figuring out a new combat system, I know it'll take me some time. So in the mean time, until I can do that, can I set it on autopilot to at least survive a random attack or two while exploring?

(And please be assured Erpy, the combat system looks amazing! The jumps and ducks... so cool! I look forward to properly mastering it, I am certainly not trying bypass it completely. :) )

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:17 am

Autopilot, no. You still need to move, attack and use spells/daggers yourself. The co-pilot can basically assist you with any technique that requires more than one button to do or anything that requires reflexes, like blocking or dodging. Note that if your parry/dodge skill is low, the co-pilot might evade, but it could still fail. Also, even at maximum defense, the co-pilot will only block/dodge 80% of the time. It's a more a safety net than something that allows you to sit back.

Asrai
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Asrai » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:31 am

Ok thanks. :) I'll just stay out of the desert until I can take the time to get the hang of it then. *Eeep... going to be late for work!*