Parser Dialog Interface and Classic Alleyway Layout (wow!!)

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

papste
Royal Servant Status

Parser Dialog Interface and Classic Alleyway Layout (wow!!)

#1 Post by papste » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:43 am

Just finished the game a 2nd time with these options, after having played once with the point & click interface, and i was compelled to say a few things about the whole experience.The game is amazing and i would advice all QFG2 veterans to play it with the parser instead of point & click. I thought that the fact that the parser interface is only used for the dialogs and that you keep the point & click interface for all the other actions was something really cool. This is the first game i could fully enjoy without the tedious typing of the actions (like cast flame dart, open door, mount, eat, etc), but what really struck me in a good way, was the fact that at the same time the game experience was not ruined by having to go through endless fixed dialog trees (which i believe hurts most of the new sierra games where there are extensive conversations like the dagger of Amon Ra, Quest for Glory 3, 4 and 5). I also found the updated 32bit graphics awesome and i truly believe that all the new details added (like the updated combat engine, the updated alleys, the extra magic games and the extra thief job, the new easter eggs, and tons of other stuff), make the game just what the Coles and most of the fans wanted it to be and most importantly AGD managed to accomplish this without changing or taking out any important part of the original.

Thank you for the effort you put into this AGD :D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Parser Dialog Interface and Classic Alleyway Layout (wow!!)

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. There are times when I find it nice to quickly click a few options from the dialogue tree, but there are also times when it's a chore to find a topic's location in the tree at which point the parser provides a nice shortcut. Also, while the P&C trees contain all topics necessary to complete the game and get the plot down, parser users get access to 100% of the dialogue lines. (P&C users get like 80%) Several characters have ask-about topics that don't appear in their tree. A lot of characters have tell-about topics that appear in neither their tree or the original game. So in order to fully experience QFG2VGA, you'd definitely have to play with either parser or combo mode.