It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: spoiler warning: request for hint for thief character
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:34 am 
Peasant Status

Hello, first off I want to say thank you to everyone involved in the release of this fantastic game which I'm enjoying very much. I am playing as a thief and I am in the second break in house. I have attempted to rob the place (jewelry box, drawer, and cabinet), but I never have enough time. Every time I try to take the money bag the guards return and I have to hide and inevitably die when the missing money is discovered. I have tried going to the thieving spots in a variety of different orders but I get caught now matter how I try to proceed. Someone please help! :cry Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: spoiler warning: request for hint for thief character
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:39 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

This actually took me awhile to figure out and is one of the better puzzles in the game so I won't spoil it. When the brother comes back looking for "Dad's stash" are you in the closer hiding place or the farther one? You have one "Round" to get to the closer one and the second to pull a "Switcheroo" of course if you're already at the close hiding spot then you can pull the switcharoo when he enters the room. After the second time though he'll notice something is up.

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 am 
Peasant Status

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:37 am 
Forum Administrator

Actually, the bag isn't in a fixed place. It's in the place where you didn't look before. And putting it back in any of those two places will do, as long as you're hidden again when Rahat switches places.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:03 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

ah I was wondering why the curtain was even an option if the bag is on the left but now it makes more sense.

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5