Save Bug Outside Aziza's

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AGP
Royal Servant Status

Save Bug Outside Aziza's

#1 Post by AGP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:29 pm

I saved and took healing pills just after leaving Aziza's. All of a sudden I can no longer see the toolbar.

AGP
Royal Servant Status

Re: Save Bug Outside Aziza's

#2 Post by AGP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Update: I pressed all the F-keys and one of them must have solved it because the toolbar came back. By the way, even leaving the game and restoring it hadn't fixed it.

AlphaRasmus
Peasant Status

#3 Post by AlphaRasmus » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:04 pm

This also happened to me, but all I did was save there. Just a warning to y'all.

random
Peasant Status

#4 Post by random » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:15 pm

When I go there, I don't have toolbar. If I go out, I still don't have it, but if I go back to Aziza, toolbar is there.

First img is graphic error after I beat griffin, default video options, can be related with my video card ?

last but not least, Im getting random Honor points for the same actions, what can affect it, is it ok ?

about system of thirstily, if I remember well, there was bigger sanction when I was running over warm desert, then I walk normally in original QfG2, I don't recognized it here

//edit: why is Uhura fighting instead of Rakeesh ? all stats are growing so fast with new combat system... or I don't know why I have almost everything on 200 few days after start (throwig, training, speaking with griffin ...) ... it's quite boring from now to hunt only puzzle points, honor and experience

throwing animation
in original there you can see your accuracy as variation in your throw, it looks exactly the same when you throw something here

saurus get on/off animation
in original you can get on/off everywhere in the desert, if there is some free space

traveling animations from/to city and other animations are more sophisticated and variable in original game

another problem is keyboard - reverse function of Caps Lock, annoying Num Lock in battle
Last edited by random on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 am, edited 9 times in total.

Rocier
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Rocier » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:49 pm

I too had this bug. Could not get the toolbar back. Had to restore from a previous save.

Fading Aura
Peasant Status

Possible Aziza Save Bug Solution

#6 Post by Fading Aura » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:20 am

AGP wrote:I saved and took healing pills just after leaving Aziza's. All of a sudden I can no longer see the toolbar.
I too have encountered this problem and something of a solution.

When the toolbar disappears, knock on Aziza's door (you can cycle through the available actions using the right mouse button, natch). After being invited in, do as you would normally would, and, eventually, leave (politely or impolitely). Do not save outside Aziza's door! Instead, walk one screen south. Save on this screen. The toolbar will still be there after the game is saved.

My guess is that there's something special about the screen with Aziza's door (and it's not just the eye watching you). ;)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#7 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 am

Just press F7 to bring up the Restore Menu and then cancel it again. That will turn the icon bar back on.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Spanky » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:20 pm

Yeah, I had this bug as well. I would just leave the screen and then return and it'd be back. That's the only way I could get it back. But I guess pressing F7 works better.