love the parser option

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

synthe
Peasant Status

love the parser option

#1 Post by synthe » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 pm

hey there, excellent remake!! am totally reliving/loving this :)

just wanted to draw attn to the cool customizability of the game with the parser option. i think this is really a great feature, i mean personally the main thing that killed the conversion of old ega adventure games into their newer vga incarnations to me was the absense of being able to 'type' things! maybe im alone here lol but that was a huge part of the 'fun' i thought to be able to write off the wall comments and get responses. I thnk its really cool how you have kinda integrated the best of both worlds.. if you so chose to play that way.

now i guess im completely alone here lol, but what i would LOVE to see is a modernized adventure game completely designed around using the keyboard and 'typing' actions as opposed to the point and click over hot spots for simple/unimaginative responses. (currently also playing 'Still Life')

i mean, isnt it more fun to come up with ideas of what to say and have to type out actions to preform specifically as opposed to just clicking a hand icon? idk im sure im the minority :lol

anyways! cheers. this is a great remake :) love u guys, cant wait for more remakes/projects!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: love the parser option

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Hey, thanks! The parser interface wasn't going to be in there from the beginning. It's only something we decided on a bit later. We knew it would be a massive undertaking but we wanted to add it in there to appease the old-school players as well. Good to hear you liked it. :)