You should get points for side quests added to remake ?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

You should get points for side quests added to remake ?

#1 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:57 am

Erpy i think you should get points for solving these side quests that i am reading about were added like the 3rd robbery or the brigand in the streets and winning at aziza and Keapon laffins games.
Because if not and you finished the game with a perfect score of 500 out of 500 or 550 out of 550 without solving these extra side quest you probably will miss out on these side quests if you don't read this forums because you would think that you finished everything.
Maybe you can make a patch to add points for these and any other added side quests ?

John

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: You should get points for side quests added to remake ?

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:09 am

Not receiving points for the new side-quests is intentional. We didn't want to interfere with the points-scoring structure of the original game.

As I have talked about in other threads, it's not such a bad thing if you don't discover absolutely everything in your first few playthroughs of the game. Encouraging subsequent playthroughs and thorough exploration was the aim behind including these new secrets in the remake. We wanted to see how long it takes players to discover all the new things that have been implemented; be it days, weeks, months, or even years! After all, once a specific easter egg or new scene is discovered by one person, that's it. It's out there for good; it's public knowledge from that point onward. And if players are able to hint their way through every new side-quest and easter egg (or deduce it from their score), then from a development perspective it doesn't give us much of a gauge for determining how easy or difficult we've made these new additions for people to find. I think that loses some of the satisfaction behind including these things in the first place. Here's an analogy: It's like hiding a bunch of Easter Eggs for some obese kids to find in an attempt to encourage them to exercise and be rewarded for it. You spend hours upon hours hiding all the eggs in strategic places which encourages exploration of their surroundings. But the kids were watching you hide the eggs all along, and instead of searching for the eggs themselves, they just go directly where you hid them and eat them!

Part of the magic of the QFG games was being able to replay the game and still being able to find new material later down the track that you never knew existed.

MK
Peasant Status

Re: You should get points for side quests added to remake ?

#3 Post by MK » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:18 am

Undoubtedly there will be additional bug for the game. I think it would be good if there was a point list, perhaps a second point list, or third if you could paladin points that you could look up. I agree that it should not be added right aways to give people a chanse to explore, but when you get ready to finalize the game like the KQ2+ Remake, to add that option in.