*SUPER SPOILER* The biggest easter egg in the game.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Turpentine
Peasant Status

Re: *SUPER SPOILER* The biggest easter egg in the game.

#151 Post by Turpentine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 am

Oh dear lord! I followed Syngery's advice and got him down to about 1/3 health...then he conjured himself a pizza and completely healed!

I'm going to bed.

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#152 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:33 am

People, stop dissing the saurus. In every craven is a battle saurus just waiting to pop out, if you can't rally the saurus into an eating frenzy then it's your fault as a commander.

As for that bit about him being able to heal himself, yeah, bummer :D Of course a good saurus would have grabbed that pizza out of his hand the second it popped out

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

#153 Post by gamemaniax » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:43 am

How to defeat Pizza Elemental:

1. Engage Pizza Elemental in combat mode.
2. press shift then type COWABUNGA
Hero will then summon Leonardo, Raphael, MichaelAngelo, and Donnatello to do an uber slicing damage.
3. ????
4. PROFIT

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#154 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:47 am

The elemental is not a tmnt reference you know. It's just a tribute to pizza, the most radical and gnarly of all god's creations (including the Technodrome).

Mesto
Peasant Status

#155 Post by Mesto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:50 am

Travelled both east 40 skareens, and west 40 skareens with no joy... Could someone throw me a bone here and PM me as to where he is? I'm delirious from all the turtle searching...

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#156 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:20 am

As it's been said on the forum, to trigger the prophecy you have to visit the shrine at the turtle lair.

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#157 Post by ATMachine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 pm

CyricZ, I suspect you're reading this; I've sent you a PM with details of finding ol' Pizzahead, for your FAQ.

Red CyricZ
Peasant Status

#158 Post by Red CyricZ » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:26 pm

All set. Thanks, though.

*stabbity stab*

*gets chomped on*

Hrmph. >_<

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#159 Post by CGG » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Sinergy wrote:People, stop dissing the saurus. In every craven is a battle saurus just waiting to pop out, if you can't rally the saurus into an eating frenzy then it's your fault as a commander.
Well - this one there is an Emir waiting to pop out . . . Ali Fakair sold us a lemon!

Mesto
Peasant Status

#160 Post by Mesto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Okay, Read below ONLY if you're absolutely super-stumped on either how to find the Elemental, or how to defeat him/(her?).

NB: The "What would Jesus Do?" Hint was a reference to the belief that Jesus fasted for forty days and nights in the desert. During this time, the devil appeared to Jesus and tempted him to demonstrate his supernatural powers. (Bit vague huh? :eek )

SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!*
SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!-------------------------------
How to find the Pizza Elemental:
-------------------------------

1. Pickup Pizza Box from outside of EOF (Click twice to get it in your inventory)...

2. Complete the Shapeirian Brigand / Warrior's Diary Sidequest...

3. Read Graffitti relating to the threat from the East...

4. Simply head FOUR screens SOUTH from Shapeir's overlook, and then head WEST (RIGHT side of screen after POV switches) for FORTY screens. From what I gather now, every time that you head west, he will now have a certain chance to spawn (He has appeared to me on both 41st skareen WEST, and 43rd).

5. Be prepared for a LONG fight!

--------------------------------

SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!
SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER!-----------------------------------
How To Defeat The Pizza Elemental:
-----------------------------------

1. Dodge the falling Pizzas. (Some fancy footwork is required!)

2. When you get up close, lunge once, and then tap backwards to jump/duck his retaliation punch. Then jump forewards and go for anther lunge. Repeat this process until his tentacles start to shake.

3. When his tentacles start to shake, jump back twice. He will begin to rub his belly and extend his tongue to eat you. LET HIM. As soon as he grabs you, mash the keyboard furiously until he spits you out again ( a little more than he han handle!).

4. Repeat step 2. He will eventually magically summon a pizza that would usually restore all of his HP. This however now won't work as he's obviously feeling too sore from eating you! If the tentacles start to shake again, jump back a couple of spaces and see if he tries to eat you again, if so - perform step 3.

NOTE: He tried the Rejuvenation Pizza trick 2 times on me in one battle.

Repeat until dead.

5. Use Pizza Box to scoop him up. Yummy!

----------------------------------------

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#161 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:08 pm

i'm pretty sure the jesus reference was just a way to mess with you.
And again, what is necessary has been mentioned already. Killing and capturing an elemental and having the pizza box. Feel free to try a game without having killed the brigand in the city and see how it works out. And the fight isn't that long really if you don't let him heal. And you don't need to mash the keyboard when he eats you, just cast a spell (like flamedart) as he starts rubbing his belly (do it soon enough and he'll spit you out). As for healing by eating a pizza, i'm pretty sure (haven't played in the past couple of days but i did analyze how he works over the weekend) that you can just hit him while he's eating and that will also negate his regeneration attempt. Frankly he's not that tough. Just have fun with him with quick attacks, build up your stamina, rinse repeat and if he tries to heal himself, whack him before he eats the pizza. Oh and if you have any TMNT 2 Boss music to play in the background, it's highly recommended.

The fight isn't as methodical as was mentioned in the previous post. He'll rub his belly soon enough as a factor of time, not whether his tentacles move. You don't need to make him spit you out even though if you do then he won't retry eating pizza after the first time you stop him (in my experience). The monster isn't complex, you just have to know how to handle the few situations that arise with this guy and the rest is pretty much taking it to him.

I hope you guys enjoyed the fight and your reward, I found the fight and the turtle lair alot more rewarding that the captured elemental but then again it's a matter of opinion.

nuble
Peasant Status

#162 Post by nuble » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Wait. Is the turtle lair real or not?

Mesto
Peasant Status

#163 Post by Mesto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:48 pm

PARSER:> ASK ABOUT TURTLE LAIR
Omar "Do not try and find the Turtle Lair, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realise the truth."
Ego: "What truth?"
Omar "There are no Turtles."
Ego: "There are no Turtles?"
Omar "Then You'll see that there are no Turtles, it is only Yourself"

Game, Set and Match Mr. Sinergy!

:D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#164 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Feel free to try a game without having killed the brigand in the city and see how it works out.
Correct. The alleyway brigand fight and graffiti are irrelevant. In fact, the graffiti clue was implemented AFTER the whole pizza elemental quest had already been added (a month or two after beta2's release), just to add an additional clue.
Simply head FOUR screens SOUTH from Shapeir's overlook, and then head WEST (RIGHT side of screen after POV switches) for FORTY screens. From what I gather now, every time that you head west, he will now have a certain chance to spawn (He has appeared to me on both 41st skareen WEST, and 43rd).
Actually, you don't need to walk south until the view switches. He also appears north of the desert's equator.
3. When his tentacles start to shake, jump back twice. He will begin to rub his belly and extend his tongue to eat you. LET HIM. As soon as he grabs you, mash the keyboard furiously until he spits you out again ( a little more than he han handle!).
The tentacle shake is irrelevant. He starts the munching-move after a certain number of pizza's have dropped. (and missed...pizza disks that squashed you don't count towards the total) Mashing the keyboard isn't necessary either. You probably just hit the right button in your fury. One button at the right time is all it takes. I have to look into this flamedart strategy, since it wasn't supposed to work.
As for healing by eating a pizza, i'm pretty sure (haven't played in the past couple of days but i did analyze how he works over the weekend) that you can just hit him while he's eating and that will also negate his regeneration attempt.
You shouldn't be able to hit him out of it. What's more likely to have happened is that you already negated his next healing attempt. The flame dart that "interrupted" the healing move was coincidence. When he tries to swallow you and you "break free", you'll do two things...void his next pizza munch and make future pizza munches less effective. (but still potent enough to heal faster than you can hurt him unless you eventually negate its effect altogether.
You don't need to make him spit you out even though if you do then he won't retry eating pizza after the first time you stop him (in my experience).
Actually, you should. You might have found a loophole though.
I hope you guys enjoyed the fight and your reward, I found the fight and the turtle lair alot more rewarding that the captured elemental but then again it's a matter of opinion.
Much to learn you still have, my young padawan.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#165 Post by Crowley9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Okay, I cheated, but I beat him. Now...

I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY THE PIZZA ELEMENTAL DOES NOT GET AN ENTRY INTO THE DIARY!

Sorry about that. I'm a little tense after all these stressful fighting attempts. Nice easter egg anyway.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#166 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:48 pm

Same reason why the alleyway brigand wasn't listed. They're easter eggs and not really part of the storyline. It reflects their status of unofficial enemies. They do add to your killcount though.

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#167 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:26 pm

The flamedart strategy works just as well as that one button at the right time (not too small a time window actually), and it's sooooo much cooler, you can just imagine him swallowing a ball of fire :D well, i do.

I'm really surprised no one found him before hand, don't people just go for long walks in the desert anymore between elementals? you kids today don't get outside anymore, all you do is play video games and eat pizza.

As for you Crowley, beat him legit or Erpy will do horrible things to your conscience with that disappointed gaze picture of his.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#168 Post by pikaporeon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:57 pm

I made the mistake of not saving, then simply tricking the elemental along. I need to go find him again.

Mesto
Peasant Status

#169 Post by Mesto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:18 pm

Just an afterthought, he doesn't appear until after the First Elemental appears right?

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#170 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:34 pm

aye laddie/lassie

and erpy was right about the hitting to negate rejuvenation as being a coincidence, i poked him like a pillsbury dough boy with my sword but no go. I guess you're just going to have to go into the belly of the beast, or to its neck at the most if you time your escape right. To get out of the belly you'll be needing a magic rope and i haven't bought one yet

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#171 Post by Crowley9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:01 pm

Now, is the contained elemental good for anything but a four-use recovery item?

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

#172 Post by gamemaniax » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:39 am

I beat it ~~ yay~~ im a villain so i use a trainer to freeze the hp :D

bugs?:
i think theres a bug tho. press esc while im close to him (prolly like 1 tile away), n the hero got stuck. falling pizza have no effect and the hero can't move or swing either.

please fix this:
srsly ppl, how do u dodge two / three pizza falling on you at the same time? i have just dodged first pizza, when the other two landed on me just as i return to original position. i dunno if any of you EXPERTS can dodge that, but i seriously can't. so either gimme help or fix this annoying falling pizza of doom. if it wasnt for this, i wouldnt have use a trainer to beat it.

question:
how come the last 5% of pizza hp is SO hard to eleminate? i have to pull a skull spillter to kill it. stabbing won't work either.

Review:
as you can see in the pix, im using a hybrid hero.im wielding ONLY sword. no shield there. so i can throw dagger while waiting his tentacles to calm down. or throw spells. but ranged combat are kinda tricky due to the pizzas.

a word of advice:
1. only throw spells / dagger AFTER you have just avoided the pizza.
2. even i killed the thing, i was ironically DIED at the end. why? because i forget to fill my waterskins. i have six dang waterskins. talk about ironyi didn't know my waterskins are almost empty when im about to fight him. after defeating him, the game said im exhausted and the next thing i know the screen flashes game over for dehydration. :: EPIC RAGE ::
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

MK
Peasant Status

#173 Post by MK » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:52 am

I joined the few, the proud, the Pizza Slicers Club. :smokin

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#174 Post by Sinergy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:08 am

The contained pizza can be used for something else, nothing too big. Just the kind of thing that is expected of a hero with an abundance of pizza :) You can even add something to the pizza as a topping and off some of your favorite NPCs :D well ok, obviously not your FAVOURITE NPCs, otherwise you wouldn't be offing them. Specifically, a single NPC which i doubt you liked in the first place.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#175 Post by Crowley9 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:30 am

Sinergy wrote:The contained pizza can be used for something else, nothing too big. Just the kind of thing that is expected of a hero with an abundance of pizza :) You can even add something to the pizza as a topping and off some of your favorite NPCs :D well ok, obviously not your FAVOURITE NPCs, otherwise you wouldn't be offing them. Specifically, a single NPC which i doubt you liked in the first place.
Issur? Keapon Laffin? Both are freaking annoying for different reasons.