Thanks, and inventory bug

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

strangemilk
Peasant Status

Thanks, and inventory bug

#1 Post by strangemilk » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:05 am

Hey, firstly - thanks for the remake. It is really incredible, and it's great to see classic games being reinvigorated.

Secondly, a bug, not sure if it has been reported but I couldn't see it.

On day four, I was in the desert. I did a few things, and I am not sure which triggered it, so I will explain the chain of events.

I went to the griffin. I tried to cast levitate but did not have enough mana. I left the screen so I could rest. Was attacked by a scorpion. Near the end of the battle, I had to escape and have some health pills. When I escaped I ran directly onto the griffin's screen, therefore ending the battle with the scorpion. When I clicked the health pill on myself it said that I did not have time to examine this item now. Now in this saved game I cannot click any item on myself, as it only gives that message. It's pretty hard playing without any pills. I assume I will have to go back a few saves to continue.

I have tried various things to get back to normal. Such as buying a new item, using an item, closing the game and restoring again, getting into a battle and finishing it and also resting. I still cannot use items.

Thanks. If you need anything else let me know.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Thanks, and inventory bug

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:12 am

Sounds like this bug in action again:

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=12444

The best thing to do it restore an old savegame BEFORE the point where you got the griffin feather, as attempting to Levitate to the feather with no mana is what causes this glitch. So restore your game and make sure that you have enough mana prior to levitating.

If you no longer have an older savegame, you could try one of the suggested solutions in the above linked thread.