WIT test and Levitation Bug

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

random
Peasant Status

WIT test and Levitation Bug

#1 Post by random » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:44 am

WIT test

Can speel fail in the WIT-test because of player low skill ?

here is my replay and savegeme
http://rapidshare.com/files/141415854/Q ... g.rar.html

somehow, if I heve less then 6 pt of mana(that I need for the last speel) Iam kicked off, but there is mana regeneration inside and in original game, I was kicked only if tryed to cast something that i don't have mana for, therefore you can have zero mana pts and you can stay there...

passing through ice is strange, in original game I was aiming to the margins of crack in it - wherever, not only to top of it, ice was bursting when frost bolt was bouncing in that crack

Levitation

is it correct, that levitation annul the last-used item icon, like purchasing speels from Keapon Laffin ?

when your last-used item is lock pick, guards warn you for stealing, not for using magic, if you levitate :)

and it seems has some error in computing foreground background or something like that, if you are in the air, see the video
http://rapidshare.com/files/141429979/q ... g.rar.html

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: WIT test and Levitation Bug

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:11 am

I think being kicked the moment you run out of mana needed to pass the test, rather than upon your next failed spell, was a concious decision.

random
Peasant Status

#3 Post by random » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 am

I know that they'll kick me off, when my mana goes less then 6pt, but if that last spell was successful and I was kicked, that's Bug coz I have completed the test, otherwise if it failed(and that I don't know if spell can fail there.. though there is maybe 10% chance, to be kicked on last spell with 6~11 mana points... coz of failing, or bug) it's ok though strange, coz there is mana regeneration inside and you can speed up the game and completly restore your mana there .. from zero to max, any time in that WIT test... like in the original game

... where however you are not kicked for low mana if you are not trying to cast st. that you don't have mana for, coz they knew it there is mana regeneration inside :)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:24 am

That Levitation/lockpick issue is certainly a bug. We'll look into it.

As for being ejected from WIT on account of running out of mana on the final spell, I checked your savefile and also watched the video. In your video, your exploding Force Bolt is not actually making contact with the door. It seems that you clicked slightly above the door, and not directly on it (which means it's actually exploding in the void).

When I restored your savegame file, I was able to successfully cast Force Bolt at the top of the door with 6 mana points remaining and still graduate the WIT tests.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:32 am

With the Levitation bug you have mentioned which gives the guard's warning for thievery, do you, by chance, have a savegame file which shows this bug every time?

Or do you have a step-by-step way to reproduce the problem. It seems that the issue is more complex than simply having the lockpick active and pressing F6 to Levitate.