Raseir palace drama

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

sarahtg
Peasant Status

Raseir palace drama

#1 Post by sarahtg » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:45 pm

I'm in the cave, I get the genie ring, I wish for magic, healing, and teleport, I'm teleported, I run to the palace gates and the Iblis is released and kills us all...I've redone this about 7 times with no success...what am I doing wrong?

CGG
Royal Servant Status

Re: Raseir palace drama

#2 Post by CGG » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:59 pm

**** SPOILERS ****

Really this was the best part of the game when i played it the first time around 15+ years ago - so don't give up!

What class are you? Think about what your class would do? If not a somebody who wants to launch a full frontal assult, there something somebody said she would do to indicate where a safe place would be? I bet you could figure a way up there . . . (there is more than one)

Would your class prefer a grander direct approach - "might is right"? (this case was much easier with the text parser - you have to proactively choose to fight, rather than wait for their alert to rise). Just like you do when you want to engage a monster, click your sword on who you want to fight.

sarahtg
Peasant Status

#3 Post by sarahtg » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:01 pm

ok....going back to try something :) (magically, that is)

Colchek
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Colchek » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:13 pm

If the issue is everything is moving too fast, I strongly suggest slowing the game down. I used to have the same problem in the original. Once you get to that point, everything is time based and if the game is running to fast Iblis will be let loose before you can finish what you have to do.