Bug? "You are so exhausted" etc. after resting

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

blackberry-chan
Peasant Status

Bug? "You are so exhausted" etc. after resting

#1 Post by blackberry-chan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Sorry if someone's already reported this; I searched the forum but didn't find it mentioned. It's happened to me several times:

Often when my stamina is down to the point where it's about ready to tell me "You are so exhausted everything you do hurts," but hasn't actually told me yet, and then I rest, it'll give me that message immediately after I'm rested (e.g. when my stamina is restored from resting). Now, this delay on that message doesn't affect gameplay at all until your health happens to be low, and that's when it turns troublesome. This time, it had given me the "you are so exhausted" message on my way back to the inn. And when my Hero got out of bed from resting, he immediately died. "After an hour's rest, you feel better," it said, and when I clicked it switched to the "Sports are healthy?" death message -__-

Now, you can tell me that I really shouldn't be treating my Hero so badly, and you'd be right -- but I also feel I shouldn't have to worry about a nap killing him, either XD XD

So, just figured I'd mention it.

And as long as I'm not lurking, I figure I'll also mention that the streets are the most gorgeous things I've ever freaking seen. I was sad and apprehensive when I heard that the streets were being redone, since wandering around Shapier was always my favorite part of this game. But when I first headed off for Fountain Plaza and the good old money changer, my breath was absolutely taken away. I pretty much don't use the map to get around at all (except when I'm exhausted from napping, of course) because I always want to see more of them. A million bazillion points for those beautiful streets and only improving on my nostalgia.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Bug? "You are so exhausted" etc. after resting

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:28 pm

Thanks for the kind words. That's a weird bug, btw. Would it be possible to create a savegame that can replicate it?

Goilveig
Knight Status

#3 Post by Goilveig » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:30 pm

Sounds like possibly you need to weigh yourself? If you're overweight you lose stamina very fast IIRC.

blackberry-chan
Peasant Status

#4 Post by blackberry-chan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Goilveig, I was being facetious with my comment about lethal napping. It's not that he's lost stamina after resting, it's just that the "You are so exhausted" message is delayed until after he's slept even though it no longer applies. (You're right about the weight thing, though, of course)

Erpy, I will attempt to get the game saved right before this happens.

blackberry-chan
Peasant Status

#5 Post by blackberry-chan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:10 pm

OK, provided I'm doing this correctly, here is a save file. If Hero rests immediately, it'll usually tell him he's exhausted once he gets up. If he moves around first, it usually won't.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Ah, I already get it. If your stamina is 0 and you perform a "blocking" action (an action that causes the djinni head cursor to appear), the message is delayed until after the action's finished. Usually, that makes sense, but if the action in question happens to be resting, it comes across as weird.

blackberry-chan
Peasant Status

#7 Post by blackberry-chan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:22 pm

I figured that was probably the case. Like I mentioned, it's not even a problem most of the time -- only when you're on the verge of death XD